Spuds v West Ham , Sunday 18th October , 4.30pm

Comments

• Even Souness is praising us. These are crazy times.

He had some very positive things to say, great to hear.

• edited October 2020
    I turned off at 2-0. Went to have a look and we draw 3-3. What! Happy days hahaha
  • So pleased for Manu
  • Pengeman said:

What an end to a game! We scored three goals without a striker on the pitch - must be some new Moyes' tactic to deceive the opposition. A well deserved point, I think.

In fairness, Mourinio's tactic of playing Kane in a deeper role really exposed us in the first half - great move. Our centre backs ended up marking no-one; our wing-backs tucked in but left a line of 5 marking one man. This left Spurs completely over-running Rice & Soucek.

However, we found a way through it and played well - then last 15 minutes were brilliantly madcap.
  • Same, Ham.

I actually thought he was showing flashes of the old Lanzini on the ball, too, picking it up and running with it, keeping it really well.

A genuinely quality player if we can get more out of him.
  • That was such a pleasing performance. Even at 3-0 I thought we we were playing well. I can’t believe we have beaten Leicester , wolves and had a fantastic draw at Spurs . All fans want is to see that effort from your team.
  • Nolan’s tactics book had a single word in it...........Grey!
  • Agree tha 3-0 does not reflect the game.
    However they have two clinical strikers, we look like we are playing without a striker🤔

The way forward!
  • Did Nolan's tactic book have Spurs logo on it?
  • Out of three home games the spuds have taken just two points and have dropped four points from a winning position, I bet the media don't pick up on that as they would if it was us.
  • Funny thing is, had he been available, it would have been Haller coming on and it might have ended differently. Crazy game.
  • That was such a pleasing performance. Even at 3-0 I thought we we were playing well. I can’t believe we have beaten Leicester , wolves and had a fantastic draw at Spurs . All fans want is to see that effort from your team.

Sign of good progress being made, that. Seven points from Wolves, Leicester and Spurs. Gave us absolutely no chance of that, so well done to Moyes and the players.
  • From the same 5 games last season, we took 0 points.

7 points better off.
  • Pengeman said:

What an end to a game! We scored three goals without a striker on the pitch - must be some new Moyes' tactic to deceive the opposition. A well deserved point, I think.

I remember big Sam doing that using Morrison think we won that day though
  • Also thought we deserved at least a point against Arsenal

Think given the horror of the fixture list, this has been a pretty fantastic start to the season
  • What is Carragher on about
  • Indeed so, champo. Let’s hope we keep up the momentum when facing the likes of sheff Utd, Fulham, etc etc. These will be different types of challenges
  • Ham, what did Carragher say?
  • Goodness knows what Brother Sledge has sprinkled on his fingers when he is starting these match threads...
  • Indeed so, champo. Let’s hope we keep up the momentum when facing the likes of sheff Utd, Fulham, etc etc. These will be different types of challenges

Unfortunately you are right, would be typical of us to bottle those games

But I'm sure we will be up for the task
  • Ham, what did Carragher say?

Basically that we were rubbish the whole game and we were lucky.
    We were iffy in the first half but wasn't awful. 2nd half we were incredible I thought.
  • Stolen BBC comments
    In the space of 10 minutes Spurs fell from 2nd in the league to 6th.

In the space of 10 minutes Spurs fell.... Apart.... Again....

=) =)
  • Anyone else still shaking? This adrenaline is strong stuff. 🤪
  • I thought we were the better side for 75% of the match.

The Spurs forums are fun right now. Is there a more arrogant set of fans anywhere?
  • IronHerb said:

Anyone else still shaking? This adrenaline is strong stuff. 🤪

I’ve now bought a new phone. I think I should just put it down for the evening - just in case..
  • Imagine Zidane would be amused if he watched that
  • I thought we were the better side for 75% of the match.

The Spurs forums are fun right now. Is there a more arrogant set of fans anywhere?

You don’t even need to go to the forums. Just scrolling backwards on the bbc comms from the 80th minute back to minute 1 is priceless enough.
  • Still waiting for VAR to rule out the goal
  • edited October 2020

Awks....
  • edited October 2020
    Thanks Manuel for getting me jumping round my living room and winning me £3.50, as I had £1 on a draw ! I did say at half time it was strange that most of our build up play was very good and confident, even though we were 3-0 down. Confidence is key !