Villa on Sunday

Villa are in big trouble because I 👏🏻 do 👏🏻 not 👏🏻 lose

Comments

• And I don't think you will on Sunday either.
  • We seem to finish seasons really well we just need to sort out the start and the middle now
  • One step at a time. :lol:
  • Same team again. Need to uphold the integrity of the league. No rotation of players, even though Moyes has the right to.

Same team for 60 mins, then let’s make full use of all 5 subs before FT.

People fancying Villa...

Hammers 2-0
  • Always prefer a final day with something in the balance, unless it's our pl survival...

Relegation dogfight

Aston Villa travel to West Ham on Sunday knowing they are safe as long as they can match Watford’s result — unless both teams lose and Bournemouth win. Dean Smith’s side have found some form at a crucial moment and are unbeaten in three as they try to save themselves.

Watford make the short trip to the Emirates to face Arsenal knowing that if Villa win they must better their result by two or more goals, though if Villa draw a Watford win keeps them up, and they can afford a draw if Villa lose.

Bournemouth go to Everton knowing they have to win to have any chance of staying up, and even then it will only work out for Eddie Howe’s side if both Villa and Watford lose.

If the points are level, goal difference comes into play, and if that too is level it comes down to goals scored. As it stands, Villa have scored 40, Bournemouth 37 and Watford 34. If necessary, it could then go to head-to-head record, or beyond that, the unlikely scenario of a play-off behind closed doors.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/premier-league-final-day-permutations-relegation-and-european-places-1.4310789

we should have far too much for Villa. I've seen their recent games, and They've proved incapable of injecting urgency into their game(never mind, quality, regardless of how much they needed to.Grealish is not, it tuns out, Villa's match-winner nor the one who 'drives the team forward', but he is good at falling over, waving his arms, and pulling a pouty face
  • I hope we beat Villa just to add to the pressure.
  • 3-0 COYI
  • The only team in the bottom four that I'd have liked to stay up is Norwich. Too bad they didn't perform in the PL as well as in the Champo.
    I can't wait to see the back of St.Eddie of Howe and Deeney, and Viler are really getting on my nerves lately too ;) . It's a shame that one of those three is going to survive.

• Personally, I want Villa to stay up.

I can’t stand Bournemouth after the Callum Wilson handball the other year and the way the pundits all just laughed it off, despite crucifying Chicarito for the same thing. It also does my swede in that people say they play good football when they’ve scored 11 less than us and conceded 3 more. What is “good” about football that concedes loads of goals and scores few?

I’d also like Watford to go because I think they will be the most likely to be competitive next season. Villa and Bournemouth need a complete rebuild, whereas Watford probably need to add one or two to get the others firing again. Their owners are a joke too, sacking Pearson when they did was absolute madness.
  • edited July 2020
    They basically signed off on relegation by sacking Pearson. No way is Mullins going to have the ability or experience to engineer points in those final two ‘tough’ games. I would have backed a Pearson Watford to have beaten Arsenal in a one-off game.
  • Tbf, I still think Watford have a great chance against Arsenal. I think they remain the most likely to get a result on Sunday
  • edited July 2020
    I think Bournemouth are the most likely to win of the three. They do best when they have ‘go for it’ mentality & Everton have not been on it of late, despite a couple of scrappy 1-0 wins or 1-1 draws. Of all the sides, Bournemouth seem to create chances at a better rate.

Whether that is enough, given Watford & Villa need to both lose, I am not sure. Funny things happen on the final day.
  • I want all three to lose
  • edited July 2020
    Just remembered that Cresswell seemed to come off with a knock so I expect Masuaku to come in for him.

Moyes seemed to suggest he had not been told Bowen’s was a bad injury so assumed he was ok.
  • edited July 2020
    So if we win this, Moyes will have taken 25 points from 21 games this season.

After 21 league games this season, 25 points would have a club joint 11th.
  • I wonder if the short summer break will have an effect on the form teams carry over to next season, given it's only a few weeks until we start again.

A win here and we'll have finished the season in great form, and that might put us in good stead at the start of next season.
  • But Jorderz, you know we will start Liverpool (A) City (H) Chelsea (A) United (H) Arsenal (A) and Spurs (H).......
  • We weren't so far off that when he took over though, after the terrible period with Roberto in goal. Our form under both managers is basically a mirror image of the other. If we can with only 1 defeat in the last seven and put in another good performance, then it'll be promising. I do like the look of how we've played so hope Moyes can harness for next season that and make a few signings that rebalance the squad.
  • I think they will all lose
  • edited July 2020
    Hamstew said:

I think they will all lose

LOSS?
  • edited July 2020
    Lukerz you said that Moyes seemed to suggest he had not been told Bowen’s was a bad injury so assumed he was ok. Does that mean that Bowen does have a bad injury?

He definitely took a few heavy knocks last night but to his credit didn't roll around in agony or complain, instead he just got up and got on with it - obviously someone's going to have to have a word with him about that kind of behaviour. ;)

• IronHerb said:

But Jorderz, you know we will start Liverpool (A) City (H) Chelsea (A) United (H) Arsenal (A) and Spurs (H).......

We’ll start with 6 wins out of 6 and then lose to this seasons bottom 10 in the next 10 games, and appoint Nigel Pearson to try and save the day
  • As long as we can sack him if he does ok.
  • IronHerb said:

But Jorderz, you know we will start Liverpool (A) City (H) Chelsea (A) United (H) Arsenal (A) and Spurs (H).......

Nothing wrong with 15 points from that lot
  • Putting last nights windfall that then Expat?
  • A small amount perhaps
  • Bowen is 50/50 to play but will moyes want to risk him.?
  • mike said:

Bowen is 50/50 to play but will moyes want to risk him.?

We're safe, If he's not fully fit, leave him out. Last thing we need with a short turnaround to the new season is for him to pick up a serious injury.
    Besides, the upside if we lose is that Watford and Bournemouth will go down.
  • There is no upside to losing, IMO
  • mike said:

Bowen is 50/50 to play but will Moyes want to risk him.?

I reckon Yarmolenko will start, instead. Creswell is also rumoured to be rested, so let's see what Masuaku can do.