Villa on Sunday

1234568»

Comments

• Arbiter ................ isn't that German for worker

Pass the coat please
  • Expat, you're missing an "e" =)
  • Lukerz said:

Buffy - & that is why I feel there is a legal case.

They have admitted their negligence.

VAR have admitted loads of errors through the season, not sure why this is any different to those.
  • Aslef posts:
    VAR didn't bottle it because VAR is only used for goals, penalties, red cards and mistaken identity, according to Hawkeye there was no goal. The Premier League website doesn't say anything about VAR being allowed to tell the ref to stop at the next break to check on something that happened earlier.

VAR is only used in strictly limited situations, you can't blame it for not doing something its not allowed to do.

Buffy posts:
    VAR has come out and said that it could and should have intervened, the scenario was within its remit.

Now I'm confused, :)

Hope this helps:

"However, under the laws of football, the video assistant referee was allowed to review the incident, despite the obstruction caused by Nyland.

The Professional Game Match Officials Limited [PGMOL] confirmed the VAR was "able to check goal situations" but did not intervene after "on field match officials did not receive a signal". Paul Tierney, the match VAR, did not check the incident and nothing was flagged by the assistant referee to referee Michael Oliver, which suggests he did not have a clear view of the incident."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11683/12009513/sheffield-united-ghost-goal-pgmol-insists-there-will-be-no-review-of-var

As I said, bottled it.
  • Well the worlds greatest referee, know by some as 'The Boy Ref", couldn't possibly be informed that he'd missed a goal by a lesser being could he?
  • You need in the FA