Villa on Sunday

Comments

• Isn't that error that gave Villa a free point against the blunts rather more sickening now
  • Gonna be a legal case now
  • I’m pleased with that. We didn’t lose, I’m still the best at match threads, the teams I wanted to go down went down.
  • Would have been nice if Brighton had not won just so we finished 15th but, really, battling for 15th or 16th, who cares.
  • I take it Fabianski's weekend in Bournemouth is off.... what a poor effort
  • Starting to see a few little signs that Fab may be passing his peak. Maybe an area to look at this summer.
  • Our front line lacks a lot of pace without Bowen and Antonio. Hopefully we can address that in the off season.

Can't say any of the subs convinced me. Haller probably worth persevering with next season, but I think Anderson and Lanzini are done at this club.
  • It did not happen in the final-third for us today. No cutting edge. Fredericks have pace but poor distribution and positioning. Well, better put the pacemaker in its box until the start of the next season.
  • We were on the beach but it's clear we need a massive overhaul. So many slow players. Anderson Haller and Yarma I'd like to see leave. Still can't get my head around Fornals. So wasteful with the ball.
  • Ok job done and no complaints, not a great game overall, we dominated but failed to create much outside of a couple long range efforts from Rice and Antonio missing a golden chance early doors.

Was struggling to see the hype over Grealish and then to be fair he scored a decent effort, (although Fab made a bit of a dogs dinner of it)

Haller did not do enough for me in the 2nd half, he simply does not seem to put a shift in which is really disappointing.

But at the end of the day , I think that the likes of Bowen and Coucek Give us cause for hope next year

COYI
  • He's a bit of a so and so but I think he's decent grealish. Would rather have him over all our midfielders bar Rice and Soucek
  • edited July 2020
    Wanted to Villa to stay up out of the 3 possible...Not stressed about the result...
    Agree with Ham re Fornals...he works hard....but really, is that enough, not sure what he offers us...He is young and it's his 1st season, next season he needs to do more than just work hard IMO.. but some of the credit he's been getting over the past matches is OTT IMO He's been OK at best....Fair play to Moyes, he kept us up....
  • No fight, No desire, No idea

If we end up a mid table team then just imagine watching that dross every week once we are safe, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thankfully that's it for a few weeks now
  • edited July 2020
    Thank God this season is over. Still, only 40 days or so to go before we go through it all again
  • I get we were rubbish but I don’t find it very surprising. The players worked phenomenally hard over the last few weeks, outrunning and outworking almost every team we played against, and games every 3-4 days.

Easy to dig out this player and that player based on today, but it’s human nature that we wouldn’t have the same levels after confirming survival.
  • respect the point
  • Yeah was obvious we were going to play like that. If we'd needed to win I'm sure we would have done them. I'm still concerned about next season.
  • edited July 2020
    Hamstew said:

Yeah was obvious we were going to play like that. If we'd needed to win I'm sure we would have done them. I'm still concerned about next season.

All depends on what we do over the next 8 weeks. If Moyes can find three players that can have a similar effect to that of Bowen and Soucek, then we should be looking at mid-table at least next season. We obviously need to add a bit of pace to the team, and there are other obvious areas that need addressing, but if we can keep Rice, then our spine should be more than strong enough.

To me, Anderson, Lanzini and Haller all gave the impression that they knew they could well be on their way. Ajeti couldn't even make the bench today, Wilshere has barely featured since the restart despite finally being fit. I don't think Yarmolenko is good enough either, to be honest. Lots of work to do, but I actually have a bit more faith in Moyes having seen a bit of fight and graft over the last 4 weeks or so.
  • That's the problem though the squad is 1 or 2 injuries away from being a bottom 3 side. Big work needed.
  • What really irked me today was the total lack of desire,

OK the holiday is booked so why am I on this pitch
  • Ngl, I went into this game thinking that we shouldnt let up and go for the win

But then when we kicked off I really didn't care....so I cant really blame the players either

Didnt think they just gave in, it just wasnt happening

All in all a season to forget but now were can start planning for next year
  • Dreadful season
    But we stayed up, just
    And fab worries me
  • Relieved we managed to stay up. Lack of intensity shown today. Sixteen of the points we earnt this season were from sides that have just dropped into the Championship! This season will probably be remembered in Bournemouth as much for covid but also for VAR getting it so wrong on June 17 2020 at Villa Park.
  • Man of the Match: new home top. Looked the business.
  • Out of the 3 teams who were battling for EPL survival, it's gutting that any of them achieved it, although before today Villa was the one I despised the least and therefore the team that I could accept the most in succeeding.
    However, after watching their play acting and diving I wanted us to smash them.
    One of the worst culprits was Trézéguet (what is it with Egyptian players) who wears a nickname given to him when he was 9 (I mean, come on) just because he resembled French great David Trézéguet.
    Let's hope their well-deserved thrashing will not be a long time coming.
  • Lukerz said:

Gonna be a legal case now

I suppose one should feel a little sorry for Bournemouth and yet I am unmoved
  • wondering if Deccers scoring that long-range effort will turn out a bad thing. he seems determined to try to repeat it, without actually bringing any technique to his attempt.
  • Lukerz said:

Gonna be a legal case now

I suppose one should feel a little sorry for Bournemouth and yet I am unmoved
    I for one hope it does as the FA have set a precedent that not being good enough over 38 games is no longer a reason to get relegated. Lets hope this costs them all a lot of money. The damage the tevez affair caused our club needs to bite them.
  • What are they going to sue over? Ref made an error? Shock, horror.
  • IronHerb said:

What are they going to sue over? Ref made an error? Shock, horror.

It’s not ‘ref made an error’, though. It’s ‘premier league rules state that Hawkeye will be used to for goal line technology in all games but wasn’t being used in one game at the precise moment that a ball crossed the line giving a team an extra point that turned out to be crucial, and that could suggest that it was not a level playing field’.

Personally I want Bournemouth to go away forever so making an expensive legal challenge and losing is fine by me.