• bad points to drop
  • This was so very frustrating
  • I'd love Dyche as manager.
  • Back to praying for other teams to lose
  • Have to beat Norwich and Watford now
  • We won’t beat Norwich

We don’t win away

So we’re gonna now get done over by Watford & Villa in six pointers
  • Tbf, if the results of the past three games had been in the opposite order we’d have been happy. Points wise we are probably where we’d hoped before the Chelsea game
  • I'd have taken 4 points from those 3 fixtures but we had a chance to be safe and the boys blew it.
  • Pope outstanding, Burnley boring, we should have scored, we need new fullbacks.
  • Just all so predictable.
    Whatever division we're in next season, we need some big changes during the off-season. Our full-backs are absolute garbage and our creative midfielders are either injury prone or absolute garbage.

Diop seems to have regressed, Balbuena clearly not trusted, our striker options are desperately thin and our manager is, well, absolute garbage.
  • That was worse than deeply frustrating
  • Sorry the lads bottled it

It was a great chance to all but secure our safety & they bottled it & they have done that all season
  • Hamstew said:

I'd love Dyche as manager.

No you wouldn't. You'd be moaning every match day 😂
  • edited July 2020
    What a frustrating night...Far too many wasted chances...In all honesty we have an Average manager/ team....It is what it is...we hopefully will stay up due to 3 worse teams..

Norwich IMO , we have to make that a win......

We didn't play bad tonight IMO....but Moyes was too late to make enough changes .

Have to agree re Cresswell comments..he is championship level at best....and not just because of their goal, just his performances in general....poor, his decline is unreal
  • edited July 2020
    I've change my mind on him Mrs Grey lol
    If anything it's shown how much better he is than Moyes. He had no answer. The only thing he tried was to match Dyches formation which made us hoof balls into their massive centre backs.
  • This is actually the game I expected to lose. A lot of the play was better than I expected, there was good intensity in the first half. Pope was really good. I don’t understand why we kept crossing it in the same way. I don’t understand why Antonio was kept on when he was so tired and why Masuaku’s pace hasn’t been utilised. But at least I think there was some sense that they were building on performances.
  • Those high crosses into the box were really dangerous.
  • Lukerz said:

Sorry the lads bottled it

It was a great chance to all but secure our safety & they bottled it & they have done that all season

Yep. Moyes will blame fatigue, he'll blame VAR, but ultimately we have thrown away points in the last two games by not being good enough at either end of the pitch.

Schoolboy defending mistakes by Fornals on Sunday and Cresswell tonight, and poor finishing from Antonio and Haller have cost us massively. Should really be on 36 points and safe, but as you say Lukerz, they bottled it.
  • Yep I think we can say the Newcastle draw was a really poor result now
  • Oh well..... Saturday lunchtime now ruined having to watch yet another game from behind the sofa
  • I think that if their keeper is MOM and you lose 1-0 then you’re a bit unlucky to not get at least a draw.
    Thought it was a decent performance really against a difficult side to break down.
  • Fine margins could have gone either way - Burn
  • Really frustrating game but for Pope it could have been one to celebrate. Come on Spurs & Man U tomorrow, I do wish I hadn’t had to say that. ☹️
  • Moyes tactics are terrible imo. We needed 2 up front from the start. Rough them up a bit. Antonio needed support. A very disappointing result.
  • I need my dinosaur emoji
  • A frustrating game. I do not understand why Bowen played on the left in the first half. We seemed to lack energy and poor defending from Cresswell and Fredericks did not help. I think we need to change the fullbacks for the next game.
  • Our players are always keen to talk the talk but most are unable to walk the walk.
  • edited July 2020
    Pengeman...I guess it was to accomadate Yarmelenko ...not sure that worked...

Moyes does seem to Love Fornals..who IMO is another lightweight who offers little at the moment, how I'd love to see Snodgrass if he was fit..might be different, Fornals IMO has been very average and offers us....not much...since joining us, but he seems in favor...

Was just one of those very frustrating games against IMO a team with a slightly more clued up manager than we have..although if our frontmen had taken just one of those chances, guess it would have been somewhat more acceptable.

Norwich IMO , nothing less than 3 points will be accepatable for us.
  • We were crying out for Fornals before the break, he was adapting to the tempo of the PL, I feel he is struggling to pick the tempo up again.
  • I don’t see us beating Norwich