West Ham United v Burnley - The Joe Hart Derby

Comments

• We’ve been the better side and pretty sure their goal was a fluke off his back, albeit poor from Cresswell.

I still think we’ll win this.

Not a chance

It will get harder and harder to break them down as the game goes on. The time-wasting will start too.
  • when was our last clean sheet
  • Pretty even game

They took their chance, which was harder than the ones we had

Haller for Fornals, think of the front 4 he's been the least effective (although not bad)
  • edited July 2020
    I'd give Cresswell away for free. Still not convinced with Fornals. Just don't trust him to do much with the ball.
  • We could have scored 3, and should have scored at least one.
  • Not sure why Bowen is on the left wing. His best work has been on the right. May be bring Haller on for Yarmolenko. Yarmo did not track for the cross which led to the Burnley goal though Cresswell's defending was poor.
  • Lukerz said:

We’ve been the better side and pretty sure their goal was a fluke off his back, albeit poor from Cresswell.

I still think we’ll win this.

Not a chance

It will get harder and harder to break them down as the game goes on. The time-wasting will start too.
    It hasn't been hard to break them down. We should have scored three.
  • Admire your positivity Jorderz, but I can't see this changing in our favour. Feels like one of those games that could last for three days and we still wouldn't score.
  • when was our last clean sheet

In the league, New Years Day. Moyes’ first game back.
  • we seem to need to score at least 2 these days
  • We have played OK imo..decent chances not taken, we always look like conceding so nothing new there...still in it..over to Moyes to make a change or 2...COYI
  • Admire your positivity Jorderz, but I can't see this changing in our favour. Feels like one of those games that could last for three days and we still wouldn't score.

I'd get that if we hadn't created chances, but we have. Apart from their fluke goal I don't see any reason not to be positive based on the half of football I just watched.
  • But they win 0-1 from fluke goals regularly.

Eventually you just say ‘it’s what they do’.
  • And I think what this game will show, is we should have beat Newcastle.
  • Masuaku for Yarmo and Haller for Fornals, please.
  • I’m not convinced we will win, but I’m surprised that people have watched the way we played in the first half and think it’s over already. It might well be, but I am personally encouraged and think there’s a chance for us still.
  • We’ve conceded 2 in each game since the restart so expect at least one more tonight.
    We just can’t seem to help ourselves. Can’t remember the Last time we won two home games on the bounce so a point tonight and then maybe we’ll beat Watford next week but we probably need at least 2 tonight.
  • Slow start from us in 2nd half.....2nd best in the opening 5 mins...come on u Irons....
  • I can’t understand why Masuaku gets absolutely no opportunities. Cresswell is having a bit of a stinker
  • Great position, Cresswell gives it away. He needs to come off.
  • That goal was the type of weakness Masuaku shows as well, letting someone sneak in over his shoulder. If Cresswell is doing that as well, he shouldn’t be playing over Masuaku.
  • Going to be curtains if they grab another. Already looking leggy early on in this half.
  • How is that not a red?
  • SURELY they are looking at that?
  • Wood coming on.
  • That is absolutely criminal that VAR aren’t intervening there. We’ve really been on the rough end of a lot of decisions this season, and that one is awful.
  • Nketiah (?) got a red for that last night.
  • A leg breaker.
  • Haller should score there
  • Haller nearly scored first touch