Yarmolenko - Fornals - Bowen
    Antonio

Haller on bench

All according to Ex
  • Interesting to see if it's that shape

Wouldn't surprise me to see Fornals left and Bowen close to Antonio

No real surprises though, Haller is a good option off the bench

Yarnolenko has a chance to stake his claim as more than just a impact sub
  • Yarmolenko is notgood at tracking back and gives away too many fouls. If Chris Wood is playing for Burnley, that could be a problem.
  • He’s not starting for Burnley
  • Ex says it’s a 4-4-1-1 with Bowen supporting Antonio, Yarmolenko & Fornals on the flanks.
  • Probably as good a side as we could put out, as Heller not fully fit. Hopefully we're up for having right go at them.
  • Commentators just said Burnley are unbeaten in 3 and have the best record over the last 11 games besides Liverpool

Point wouldn't be the end if the world

Feeling like we could get all 3 though
  • From BBC:

West Ham are unbeaten in two matches (W1, D1) - their best run of league form since they went six matches without defeat last September

Unbeaten in 2 games is our best run since September; that's truly shocking.
  • 3 points is a must in my opinion. 34 points going to Norwich where we can relegate and pretty much guarantee safety.
  • Not much in it after 20

Few chances, both teams cancelling each other out, Burnley with more possession

Fornals, Bowen and Antonio all rotating down the left
  • Big save from Pope there
  • We’re turning the screw a little, it’s weird to watch!
  • alderz said:

We’re turning the screw a little, it’s weird to watch!

We're looking pretty decent after a shaky start. Need that first goal though you feel
  • Just heard the co-commentator (is it Karen Carney?) say that since restart we’ve outran all of our opponents, and before the pause it was 4 out of 29. Fair play to the manager for that
  • alderz said:

We’re turning the screw a little, it’s weird to watch!

Yes definitely.

We are playing better than Burnley this evening - there's no question about that. I'm enjoying the game, however we do seem to move the ball a bit slowly and it almost looks unnatural and not the norm to have all of the possession/territorial advantage.

(Not meaning to sound negative - just an observation. Overall I'm liking our performance so far).
  • As I say, need that first goal.
    Burnley will just shut this one out now.
  • Antonio HAS to score that. Really bad finish
  • And Antonio misses a glorious chance to equalise immediately.
    One of those nights I reckon
  • I think Champo mentioned the need for 2 full backs and the goal tells us why.
  • Classic Burnley so far.

Until we defend, we deserve all we get.
  • Why is Rice taking free kicks out on the wing?!
  • You cannot keep playing without a striker in the premier league. If we had a striker we would be winning not losing.
  • Seeing the goal again, what was Cresswell doing, honestly.
  • How on earth are we losing this
  • Hamstew said:

How on earth are we losing this

Can’t defend mate
  • alderz said:

Seeing the goal again, what was Cresswell doing, honestly.

You have a problem in the modern game if as a full back you can't defend and can't attack. Essentially you're a training cone.
  • edited July 2020
    we have had chances to score.but have not taken them....poor from Antonio especially, but still in game COYI..Would take a point right now....
  • How on earth does Cresswell still play

Whilst Antonio has done well, he’s not a striker so you cannot expect him to keep doing it
  • We’ve been the better side and pretty sure their goal was a fluke off his back, albeit poor from Cresswell.

I still think we’ll win this.