The David Moyes Thread

Comments

• Now, I don't believe that Ancelotti will be a great appointment for Everton. BUT, IMO, it isn't a good look for our owners that they dithered to make a change, and two very sought after highly respected potential appointments have been snapped up by clubs that acted swiftly, and we are having to go back to someone we deemed not ambitious enough 18 months ago.
  • I get the feeling Moyes is going to do a nice Sunderland job on us. Championship derby with Millwall incoming
  • edited December 2019
    Ald

I’m gutted that Ancelotti went to Everton.

I want him, have wanted him, to manage us.
  • Guess the 1 candidate was Carlo, so the 2nd candidate Alderz, are you referring to Jose, Nigel,or Mikel ? :hmm:
  • Now that we are about to get Moyes, I am envious of Watford getting Pearson
  • Is it true that 'we got rid of Moyes'? My understanding was that he was on a short term contract. I may be wrong but if that was the case then we did not get rid of him at all; we simply chose to go a different route when his contract ended.
  • I think we had the option of extending his contract but chose not to.
  • Hamstew said:

Well personally because it's up to me how I feel.

Who said it wasn't? By the same token, I'm free to feel how I want, including not getting why you feel as you do.
    I'd respond if I wasn't so confused by the whole thing :puzzled:
  • I think it was the right decision to let him go but thank you Mr Pellegrini for helping us be the first away team to score and win at spurs’s new toilet bowl stadium :bowdown:
  • As mentioned before, my wife’s family are Sunderland through and through, not surprisingly they have been very quiet indeed lately, but the expected re-appointment of Moyes has woken them up.

:weep:

• Didn't we get a "world class manager" in pellegrini? and look what happened to that?
    All these suggestions,pochettino,howes,emery, we are not going to get these people.
    I know moyes percentage record wasn't great but he got our fitness and energy back after it was lacking with bilic and turned arnautovic's form round as well.
    For me this season is now one simple thing and that is not to get relegated.
    I will welcome the new manager whoever he his(well maybe not pulis :nonono:)as i have always done with previous managers.
  • Short memories eh. We were still getting soundly beaten with regularity in the Moyes era. So what if Arnie turned it on in a few games when he was facing Mark Hughes. Big deal. Win rate 29% says everything you need to know. Sully (the Cardiff supporter) must hate West Ham
  • Short memories eh. We were still getting soundly beaten with regularity in the Moyes era. So what if Arnie turned it on in a few games when he was facing Mark Hughes. Big deal. Win rate 29% says everything you need to know. Sully (the Cardiff supporter) must hate West Ham

I think it’s a bit disingenuous to suggest you remember things better than other people. I remember we took some beatings under Moyes.

I also remember the quality of the squad, the mess he picked up from Bilic, the toxic atmosphere in the stands and the fact he was given no money to spend.
  • Hamstew said:

Hamstew said:

Well personally because it's up to me how I feel.

Who said it wasn't? By the same token, I'm free to feel how I want, including not getting why you feel as you do.
    I'd respond if I wasn't so confused by the whole thing :puzzled:
    We'll, I've got an excuse...
  • And I remember we stayed up because there were 3 teams worse than us and nothing suggested to me that moyes saved us
  • edited December 2019
    Jorderz

Surely most managerial changes come as a result of some sort or toxicity at a club resulting in the manager leaving? We are by no means special and unique on that front?

Fair play to anyone who thinks he did a good job last time round :ok:

I personally think he did nothing special and benefitted from their being plenty of v poor other sides that season and think it telling that nobody save for West Ham wants him
  • Cuz1 said:

And I remember we stayed up because there were 3 teams worse than us and nothing suggested to me that moyes saved us

There being three times lower in the table is the reason any team stays up.

And actually, we finished 13th (we were 18th when Moyes came in), so a few more than 3 teams worse than us.

Or, if you want to look at it more positively, we were better than 7 other teams by the time Moyes had finished.
  • His appointment will be...IMO as disappointing as ....when he was appointed last time..Stinks of been there done that, which so many people didn't want. Desperate times = Desperate measures IMO.
  • His appointment will be...IMO as disappointing as ....when he was appointed last time..Stinks of been there done that, which so many people didn't want. Desperate times = Desperate measures IMO.

I disagree. WORSE than last time.
  • Baracks,

But you know the toxicity wasn’t about a change in manager, it was about the stadium and owners (understandably).

So it didn’t go away and Moyes had a very difficult job winning home games in that atmosphere, culminating in that horrible day against Burnley.
  • edited December 2019
    Jorderz said I also remember the quality of the squad, the mess he picked up from Bilic Pelle, the toxic atmosphere in the stands and the fact he will be given no real money to spend.

So Mr Moyes will have a better squad to select from but apart from that the rest will be the same. ;)
  • He did such a good job that clubs seem to be climbing over him to appoint him
  • edited December 2019
    I for one cannot believe any West Ham supporter would be impressed with this appointment, but what do I know, each to their own :ok:
  • Jorderz

Every team has plenty of reasons to grumble one way or another.

The only thing that would make me ok with Moyes arriving is sully and co selling up and leaving at the same time

So give us your thoughts then on who you think should be our new manager.?

• Cuz1 said:

And I remember we stayed up because there were 3 teams worse than us and nothing suggested to me that moyes saved us

Yes. That's how it has always worked.... It's why we aren't currently in the bottom 3...
  • edited December 2019
    Over Moyes?

Well Parker, Potter, Wilder for starters

And I refuse to believe all would be mission impossible - money talks as Everton have just proved
  • edited December 2019
    I posted a comment a day or so ago which now appears to have gone down the black hole which basically said we as fans have got to resign ourselves to the fact that we have been sold down the river by G,S & B with the promise of a great new era in the clubs history off the back of the ground move where we are currently no further forward and won't be until there is a substantial amount of money put into the club which the current owners are either unable to or unwilling to do. I also said we had missed a trick in not going for Carlo or Jose when they were free & available but did expect a chorus of we didn't want them anyway or they wouldn't have come to us when they are the exact type of manager we should be going for. I will support the new manager but it's just like I am suffering from a bad dream with no sign of waking up from it.
  • Cuz1 said:

He did such a good job that clubs seem to be climbing over him to appoint him

I don’t really care what other clubs do/think/want.
  • Cuz1 said:

Yes. That's how it has always worked.... It's why we aren't currently in the bottom 3...
    I didn’t know that grey, my point was I don’t think moyes came in and deserved credit for saving us I believe any manager would have with the standard of teams that went down and were below us, I still believe pelle would have come good and got us back halfway