Wolverhampton Wanderers v West Ham United - False dawn or road to redemption?

123457»

Comments

• Herb
    "we weren't played off the park"

You can think that, but the only thing that matters is we got "nul points". The stats won't show how we played, just the result. ;)
  • edited December 2019
    From Wiki (edited)
    On 21 July 2016, the Chinese investment group Fosun International bought the Wolves' parent company, W.W. (1990) Ltd, from Steve Morgan's Bridgemere Group installing Laurie Dalrymple as managing director.
    Days later, Kenny Jackett was replaced by former Italian international Walter Zenga as head coach.
    Zenga was replaced after just 14 league games by Paul Lambert in November 2016.
    At the end of the season, Lambert was replaced by former FC Porto boss Nuno Espírito Santo.
    Under Nuno, Wolves went on to clinch the 2017–18 Championship title, to return to the Premier League after a 6-year absence.

So Wolves had in effect 4 manager/coaches in less than 12 months. If that had been us, how would we have taken it at the time? Probably with cries of "you don't know what you're doing" aimed at Sully and Gold.
    Also Fosun International are considerably richer (in a Wolverhampton accent) than
    G & S, so is it fair to compare us with Wolves?
  • I get what is being said about us nicking a draw, however, IMO, there was just as much of a probability that Wolves could have scored a couple more themselves.

In that circumstance it is reasonable to assume that the clamor this morning would have been even more intense.

No matter the final score in whatever alternative universe, I think the overriding sense of despair comes from the performance itself, coupled with stale tactics and a pretty poor post match summary.

Even in this Trumpkensian world we now live in, i doubt that many could have left the game feeling we dominated

• But that's not what some are alluding to.
  • The first goal we conceded was amateur hour. Dropping ball that was not challenged, allowing the bloke to just poke in at shin height under no pressure in the 6 yard box.

Then we had nothing to break them down, however Snodgrass has to make it 1-1 with that 1v1. He has to. Had he scored that, may have been a very different outcome.

But we had no threat without Antonio.
  • Luke , so if we have no threat without Antonio then money has not been well spent I guess...
  • Jay, better described as money wasted.
This discussion has been closed.