Wolverhampton Wanderers v West Ham United - False dawn or road to redemption?

Comments

• That was a complete and utter waste of 90 mins
  • Well its in these dark and sad times you just have to go full meme.

Baby Yoda Memes :)

• We are pantz
  • Lukerz said:

That was a complete and utter waste of 90 mins

Not for me as I’ve managed to order some replacement razor blades whilst I’ve been on the site
  • Exactly Luke :ok: & I'm 2 hours ahead so even later for me, a waste of time, no clue Pelle is the way forward, He's the 1 to take us to the next level, yeh, championship is about all he's capable of achieving IMO...I have never in over 40 years as a fan been so despondent as I am now with our current manager, very sad times IMO & if 1 win covers over all the flaws, then that is even sadder IMO.
  • Poor game. Toothless up front. Yarmalenko has one good game in 10 and has no pace, rarely beats his man, tries flicks which don't come off and gave the ball away for the second goal. Haller was chasing shadows. Martin did OK and made a couple of good saves. When is Pellegrini going to try change formation or different tactics?
  • slow, slow, backwards, slow. this cant go on much longer please
  • How can Wolves be that far ahead of us?

And who is their fitness/medical department!
  • Pelle last night “we must go for three points”. How did he imagine we could do that when his formations and the way he has us playing totally preclude our being able to have any real chance.
    We now have only one win in our last 10 games and that was a total shock. Surely they didn’t think we’d turned the corner with that win Saturday and I doubt we’ll have many more points by the end of the year.
    We’d have been in 19th spot if we’d lost on Saturday so we are to all intents and purposes in danger but I’m not sure Pelle or the team understand that. We can’t rely on there being three worst teams than us because there aren’t.
    It can’t be said either that with the squad we’ve got that we are too good to go down because we said that on at least the last three occasions especially 2003.
  • Also, after a bright start, Haller looks pants
  • Fortune

How far were you wanting to look? Where we took 11 from 6 games?

I'm not arguing that we played well; I'm saying any time you get 3 points from 2 away games is a decent return.

jay

I'm not clutching at anything. Be as miserable as you like, about what you like, but don't expect me to join you.

We beat Chelsea at the Bridge. Me, I'm always, always going to be happy about that.
  • I really don’t understand why Haller is the lone striker, he’s not that kind of player.Antonio holds the ball up and bullies defenders so he IS that kind of player.
    Surely we play two up front when Haller plays?
    We’re in danger of ruining a good player.
  • Pelle in his interview will be, mumble mumble cough cough we tried & played for 90 minutes tra la la la la...still confident mumble mumble mumble...He can't get away with it for much longer I hope....
  • Good for u Grey ...I love being miserable where West Ham is concerned, but u have to admit sometimes they give u no option, unless u are happy with beating Chelsea, and only Chelsea in 9 games, then get on with it & have a swell time, me, I think that is a shocking return of results, but good for you Grey, go have an Ouzo on me :ok:
  • Slacker said:

I really don’t understand why Haller is the lone striker, he’s not that kind of player.Antonio holds the ball up and bullies defenders so he IS that kind of player.
    Surely we play two up front when Haller plays?
    We’re in danger of ruining a good player.

Makes you wonder about how good our scouting system is. How many times did we watch Haller? And in how many of those games did he play alongside Jovic? I'm going to say the vast majority, if not all.

He excelled at Frankfurt in a front two. If Pellegrini is insistent on playing a lone striker, maybe he should have signed one that was proven to be able to do it.

That said, Haller did well at the start of the season when he had balls in the box to attack. Our getting in behind opposition defences, decision making and crossing have become so poor, that he's just not getting any service at all in that respect.
  • jay

You seem to be having a pop, but maybe that's not how you are intending to come across.
  • I've just remembered that we pay Jack Wilshere to be registered with the club.

Honestly had totally forgotten we had him on our books.
  • grey, we got 12 points from the first seven games which is less than I expected but I had high hopes for this season only to be let down seriously so far.
  • edited December 2019
    Exactly Grey, We are all entitled to our own views whether we agree or not, I admire your positivity, because for me there very sadly is nothing to be positive at our club at present, so yes, enjoy the win at Chelsea & I can remain negative, no problem. The win V Chelsea was a welcome relief of course, we all enjoyed that I'm sure, but IMO it just papered over MAJOR issues..In a very sad way I wish it had not happened, something I thought I'd never say...I thought that Ouzo would be your tipple for where you are based, if not, then no problem.
  • As poor as we were, give credit where it’s due.Wolves played well and look a good side to me.
  • Remember in the summer when West Ham and Everton fans were bickering as to who was going to get top 6 :lol:

• Sounds like we were rubbish for the second half. Glad I missed it. Let me know when the manager has been sacked.
  • OCS, was that in the Championship next season. 😁
  • Manuel Pellegrini: "I was happy with the attitude of the team, I thought we dominated most parts of the game, particularly in the second half. It was a very close game, we had one option to draw the game, we missed that opportunity and then we conceded from a counter-attack.“
    This proves that either this guy is clueless or he doesn’t actually attend our games. We are never going to improve if this is what he seriously believes.
  • Just feels like he's going through the motions Thorn.

It wasn't close, and we didn't dominate any part of the game. He's as lost as any of us are.
  • So basically don't bother attending the away games :lol:
  • Brilliant

We are a club going absolutely nowhere
  • But thankfully we do win our home games. Oh wait...
  • edited December 2019
    In other words I only need to keep the season ticket holders on my side as very few of them travel to see how poorly we play away. Lukerz, the problem is we could be going somewhere!
This discussion has been closed.