Wolverhampton Wanderers v West Ham United - False dawn or road to redemption?

Comments

• SSN pundits ridiculing his comments and saying we were never in it and were poor.
    Surely it’s time for the two Daves to see sense before it’s too late.
  • Dominated the game. Did he think we were the ones playing in gold / yellow ?
  • It's actually got to the point where I have to hide the fact we are playing to my son in fear of him supporting someone else :lol:
  • Hamstew said:

But thankfully we do win our home games. Oh wait...

We don't even have a home anymore.
  • I think the sooner we get a new boss to slate the better because that will turn us into a top six side imo
  • Will. a new boss make any real difference to West Ham.
    Our owners don’t really care as long as they are making money from the club. Our players care even less. Managers would need to be given a lot more money than we have to change a squad with so little passion and desire.
    I just wonder what goes on at the club in training each day as turning up to learn absolutely nothing everyday must be awful.

• Haller not doing the hard yards.
    Fornals as he has been since he joined has not got up to speed, if he did things a second quicker he would be a really good player.

Snodgrass just running at everyone and everything xD seems to be doing the work of both Haller and Fornals.

If he did things a second quicker he would then be 5 seconds quicker than Nobes.
  • Simply no attacking threat because we don't have enough strikers in the squad. Once we go behind I always feel it's game over at present. I think If Chelsea had scored first they would likely have beat us convincingly.
  • Missed the game luckily. How did Traore play? Always thought he would be an astute signing.
  • I really struggle to understand why it is deemed unlawful to play two up top at West Ham, why is it such a difficult concept to embrace.

As said earlier, if you are going to insist that the sole strike is the way forward, then buy a player that fits that mold, clearly Chico was not it and it appears that neither is Haller, was AC really any good on his own? Arnie and Antonio can pull it off but I still wanted to see more games when Chico played alongside them

We can all recall many teams, both west ham and others where strike partnerships were formed that became the foundation of a confident successful run.

This is turning out to be a really disappointing season, and truly I was not expecting it.
  • Cuz1 said:

I think the sooner we get a new boss to slate the better because that will turn us into a top six side imo

This top 6 thing isn't what gets me, I would be happy if we put in a shift more regulary than not, actually played some "attractive " football more often than not & the manager shows us he can mix things up when needed, regarding slating a new manager, well who know's , depends how he does.

All I want is a manager who knows what he's doing & has some tactics, this dud does not IMO & the quicker he goes the better, if not , again IMO we are doomed for a hell of relegation battle & at present the manager seems clueless & his coaching skills is not having the desired effect on the team, 5 points out of the last 27 available, shocking form... & that's not to mention his great Cup form.
  • Thought Wolves looked a really good team but then so did Everton when we went there :hmm:
  • Why does Pelle keep saying we are conceding too many from set pieces game after game. It’s getting boring frankly. It makes him come across as incompetent when he is unable to address the areas of weakness which he himself has identified. Aside from the fact that wolves were also actually wasteful with their other chances which didn’t involve set pieces.
  • So Pelle’s summation of yesterday

First half - tight
    Second half - West Ham dominated

Can you imagine the reaction if our manager was Sam and he came out with something like that.
  • The premiership can be an unforgiving place. In fairness to Haller, Fornals, it does take time to adjust.
    It took Drogba, nearly a whole season to come to terms with the ferocity of the league. But he was given time and he came good.
    Whereas our boys are thrown straight in to the fray. We showed the exit door to experienced players. Yes some wanted to go, but we needed a balanced squad, which this side is lacking. This is down to Pellegrine, and Husilos
    Of course this is all imo.
  • Something that hasn’t been discussed too much, but I believe Noble is having a pretty ordinary season thus far, both in terms of his own personal performances and also his leadership.
  • That's a good point baracks. Pellegrini is getting stick, and rightly so IMO, for not being able to motivate his players week in week out.

I would argue that Noble is struggling with that too. What worries me is that he gave a speech before the Chelsea game to get the players up for it; where was that speech last night? Or before Spurs? Or Burnley? And why should there need to be a speech at all?

Bottom line is these players should be up for each and every game and give absolutely everything. The fact that neither the manager nor the captain can muster much at all from this group of players is quite concerning.
  • Thinking about it again this morning,we could have nicked a draw.Fornals shot was well saved in the first half and Snodgrass could and should have scored in the second, if he hadn’t suddenly turned into me in front of goal.Add to that that Martin made some good saves and we could have got a point.
    That’s not to detract from a poor overall performance,but goals change games and I wonder if the clamour for Pellegrini to go would be as loud if it had finished 2-2.
    Just a thought.
  • Our performance did not merit a point and the right side won. That’s the bottom line (for me)
  • Our performance did not merit a point and the right side won. That’s the bottom line (for me)

I agree but my point was that if it had finished 2-2 I doubt that the screams would as loud this morning ( not just on here btw), the reaction may have be more like “We got away with that but a point at Wolves is a good result.”

• Slacker, I get what you're saying, but I'm not so sure. A point would have been a good result, but it would only have made me want to give Pellegrini more time if the performance was on a par with the Chelsea game. That really should be our benchmark now and there are no excuses for us not to meet that level of performance in every game.

The fact that we reverted to a pedestrian, laboured side with almost zero attacking threat makes the Chelsea game look more like a fluke than a corner turned.
  • Point taken,it was a poor performance I’m not denying that.But the average fan would have put that to the back of their mind because we nicked a draw is all I mean.
  • edited December 2019
    Does that mean I'm not average :hmm: :wahoo: ;)
  • edited December 2019
    Slacker said:

Point taken,it was a poor performance I’m not denying that.But the average fan would have put that to the back of their mind because we nicked a draw is all I mean.

Quite possibly Slacker :ok: Or at least parked it until they saw how we performed against Arsenal.
  • Doe's that mean I'm not average :hmm: :wahoo: ;)

Possibly. :bowdown:
  • Doe's that mean I'm not average :hmm: :wahoo: ;)

I would say you are the next level, Jay
  • Pelle using the word 'dominated' and 'we' in the same sentence should've already alerted the owners that he's senile (and maybe its time for the tin tack) :hmm:

I didn't actually watch the game (another took my interest) but trust peoples comments here (and my own intuition) that we didn't!
  • I haven't seen the game yet. But to call Wolves a mid-table side flies in the face of their results. They're in Europe, and aiming for 4th place this season. They are good (and better than us, IMO)
  • But we weren't played off the park as some would have you think though Baz.
  • Absolutely they're better than us, Kuching. But should they be?

Just goes to show what good ownership, proper investment, a long-term plan and an inspring manager on an upward career projectory can do to a club. I would say we and Wolves are, historically, clubs of a similar size and stature; the difference is they've progressed under new ownership whereas we have, at best, stagnated.
This discussion has been closed.