Couldn’t think.... part three

Comments

• His defence has once again been found to be wanting
  • Who'd'a thunk it, a gangster from Albania =)
    Not many of them about. =)
  • How does anyone know they’re Albanian? As far as I know they weren’t arrested. Or did they come up and say “hi I’m an Albanian gangster”
  • Oh well, Ajeti's European adventure lasted two games. Next up Motherwell...

• Do you know who I am
  • Rice and Fredericks were both on holiday in a Greece with Chelsea players who have tested positive for Covid. Explains why they weren’t in Scotland or played in the friendliest this week?
  • I don’t understand how footballers were allowed to suddenly go where they want after all the precautions before.
  • edited August 2020
    Maguire now claiming he feared for his life in Greece and thought he was being kidnapped and didn’t believe they were police officers who were arresting him. He denies offering bribes.
    Sounds like he’s making it up as he goes along. If that’s what he thought why didn’t he attend court and say that.
  • n more power to him

in Greece, Albanians are almost always blamed for problems.

• Given everything that is being revealed around the world about police practices, no part of me thinks Maguire’s version of events is implausible, personally.

How a ‘trial’ can take place 3 days after the event with no witnesses or anything is absolutely beyond me
  • For me it’s difficult to find a whole heap of sympathy with any party in this situation. Surely as the captain of one of the biggest clubs in the world you have to make better choices than were seemingly made in the run up to his incarceration. You’ve surely got to be responsible for your own actions and decisions? And that’s even before overlaying the Covid considerations
  • Alderz haven't had any issues with the police sincewe've been here from 2005Maguire flouted the basic rule foforeign travel
    Don'tmess with the old bill, and don't think they are like ones at home

Seriously? Do you know who I am?no,sir, but I'm pretty sure what....

• I think if you uttered the line “do you know who I am?” to police officers in many countries round the world you would very likely be on a sticky wicket. I don’t even think a British police officer would take kindly to that. Except maybe in certain parts of Surrey.
  • I am the leader of Manchester United.
    Indeed,sir?

They must be hugging themselves with delight
  • I think if you uttered the line “do you know who I am?” to police officers in many countries round the world you would very likely be on a sticky wicket. I don’t even think a British police officer would take kindly to that. Except maybe in certain parts of Surrey.

Don't often see the police in Surrey O.o
  • https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/2

Harry Maguire accused of 'fantasy tales' by Greek prosecution lawyer
  • News doesn’t really shock me much these days, but Chadwick Boseman dying has absolutely rattled me
  • The Arsenal away kit looks like someone has had a serious nosebleed...
  • edited September 2020
    I looked at my west ham bookmarks today and saw 606 on twitter has been added.?
    I was on twitter once but wasn't keen on it so i left.I don't think i will be going back anytime soon.
  • Just thinking how remarkable it is that Gareth Bale can basically not play at all (well golf maybe, but not football), but can then suddenly be fit and ready enough to play for his country?
  • It's odd that Bale is doing exactly the same thing that Ozil is doing, for nearly twice the salary, yet he is hard done by whereas Ozil is a money grabbing ....
  • IronHerb said:

It's odd that Bale is doing exactly the same thing that Ozil is doing, for nearly twice the salary, yet he is hard done by whereas Ozil is a money grabbing ....

I wonder if it’s something to do with the press being anti-anything and anyone that isn’t WASP :hmm:
  • Alderz, surely Bale is a Celt and chapel =)
  • After Robert Pattinson tests positive for coronavirus while filming The Batman, conspiracy theorists say it’s just further proof that masks don’t work.
  • After Robert Pattinson tests positive for coronavirus while filming The Batman, conspiracy theorists say it’s just further proof that masks don’t work.

To be fair, Batman wouldn't get into my local Co-op with his mask

• edited September 2020
    If I walked around with my mask over my eyes I'd probably test positive for coronavirus, and most likely alcohol too.
  • alderz said:

After Robert Pattinson tests positive for coronavirus while filming The Batman, conspiracy theorists say it’s just further proof that masks don’t work.

To be fair, Batman wouldn't get into my local Co-op with his mask

I saw a guy wearing a ski mask on the train the other day, so you never know
This discussion has been closed.