What teams do you hate, and why?

Comments

• Leeds.

Was just watching the darts, and a player called cool hand Luke, was named Luke after Leeds United Kings of Europe.

I rest my case for the prosecution.
  • Leeds.

Was just watching the darts, and a player called cool hand Luke, was named Luke after Leeds United Kings of Europe.

I learned today that “club sandwich” is an acronym for “chicken, lettuce under bacon”
  • alderz said:

Leeds.

I learned today that “club sandwich” is an acronym for “chicken, lettuce under bacon”
    I think people have made that acronym work, rather than it being the reason why it's called a Club Sandwich. It's also know as a Clubhouse sandwich, with it being served at the Saratoga Club House in the late 19th century.
  • Personally, I think that Leeds Utd are rather OK, so there >:)
  • alderz said:

Leeds.

I think people have made that acronym work, rather than it being the reason why it's called a Club Sandwich. It's also know as a Clubhouse sandwich, with it being served at the Saratoga Club House in the late 19th century.
    Chicken
    Lettuce
    Under
    Bacon
    Ham
    Over
    Under
    Sandwich
    Egg
  • Now I'm awaiting the person he stole that from to come forward raging ;)
  • The house bit seems a bit made up.
  • Makes it a 'backronym' rather than an 'acronym' then alderz.

A favourte word differentiation of my mothers!
  • Everton and on thursday it will be Genk =)
  • Leeds drew. Gutted, they were losing at half time.
  • Big game tomorrow. Come on you Canaries.
  • I will cheer Leeds tomorrow I am afraid as should they win Newcastle will be 6 points adrift.
  • I will cheer Leeds tomorrow I am afraid as should they win Newcastle will be 6 points adrift.

Not only would I prefer the Mighty Leeds to triumph anyway, the fact that the result could help relegate Newcastle is a bonus. What do you say Wombat =)
  • I believe Newcastle can relegate themselves quite easily without Leeds assistance 🥳
  • Palace. Completely ruined my Saturday.
  • Booo! Norwich lost. 🐥
  • Leeds lost 🥳
  • How the blummin flipping hell did Leeds manage to beat Palace in the 3rd minute of falling over time. Not that I wanted palace to win. I wanted both of them to lose and get -3 points. This means Don Revies bunch of tasseled sock monsters are only 8 points behind the massive Westham.

And breathe wombat. Matron will be along shortly.
  • Love that result. Made my evening.
  • Hamstew said:

Love that result. Made my evening.

Mine too Hamstew =)
  • Come on you Bees 🐝
  • Leeds lost. 😁
  • All the “Top 3” appear to have had a dubious decision go in their favour, is it any wonder no one can realistically challenge them!
  • MrsGrey said:

Ronaldo.

Indeed, only yesterday Mrs E asked if I would like my photo taken standing next to the ronaldo statue in Funchal.

Due to site rules I am not permitted to post my reply here =)
  • This reminds me of a Portuguese guy named Al. After his heritage was questioned he set about ancestry.com to determine his roots.

Turns out he was in fact fully Funchal Al after all ;)
  • Someone and I'm not naming names, is going to be over the moon with one of tonight's results hahaha
  • Yep he's gonna be on cloud 7