What teams do you hate, and why?

Comments

• edited March 2021
    I am also old enough to remember Leeds back in the day, it is harsh to judge the current team by the same standard and we need characters in the game and Bielsa is certainly one.

I for one, enjoy watching them and will certainly be rooting for them against Chelsea tomorrow, whom by the way, I hated back in the day and in no way consider it harsh whatsoever to hate them still.
  • I completely agree Chicago. I am a week away from my 60th birthday, and my irrational hatred of Leeds is entirely based on the early 1970s, when Leeds were a complete unit. If you liked them, you loved them, if you didn’t, you were like me. I honestly have no problem with Bielsa and his gang, they play good interesting football, and as long as we keep beating them I have to say, it’s good to see a big well supported passionate club back in the top flight. The white shirted tasseled sock wearing Don Revie worshiping Alan Clarke, Billy Bremner, Peter Lorimer, Gary Sprake thugs. Just thought I would Chuck a goalkeeper in there at the end so I am not seen as biased towards outfield players. 😁
  • I’ll never forget the first time I saw Keith Robson play for us was against Leeds. In the first five minutes he had jumped into two footed tackles with Norman Hunter and Billy Bremner - immediately endearing himself to many fans (I’m sure Wombat included).

The Revie team was easily the most hated team in England at the time, but they were also a fantastic football machine. Eddie Gray was great to watch. I studied the way Peter Lorimer kicked the ball to try to work out how he had such a powerful shot. Alan Clarke was also a brilliant footballer, just had that “nasty” edge him.
  • Wombat, have a good one, I am also a graduate of the class of 61, will be 60 in June :-)
  • Also in my 60s perhaps we should start a new club or gang =)
  • Maybe today, even Wombat will be looking for a Leeds win

• Wombat - For my 60th birthday I had roast lamb , a good Rioja and 3 late goals to draw with Spuds. Hope yours is equally memorable .

• Wombat - For my 60th birthday I had roast lamb , a good Rioja and 3 late goals to draw with Spuds. Hope yours is equally memorable .

A good Rioja is most likely, although I now live on the Suffolk coast, so fish & chips and a few bottles of Adnams will be my starter🍺
  • Can you still get Old Bob? I recall Adnams and Old Bob being a regular tipple back in the day
  • Why I still can't not hate Leeds....noticed two stands are the Norman Hunter and Jack Charlton stands. So they choose the nastiest footballers over the genuinely gifted ballers. Proud of their thug reputation. Hate them.
  • Hunter and Charlton were old fashioned, no nonsense players. If you want nasty you go for Giles and Bremner.
  • I would like to have seen how the likes Grealish & Zaha coped with the likes of Bremner and co.
  • I would like to have seen how the likes Grealish & Zaha coped with the likes of Bremner and co.

They would not have coped. Just like Grealish could not cope with Coufal.
  • edited March 2021
    Exeter, Coufal is a pussycat compared to Bremner he was a thug (imo) and he didn't take prisoners.
  • Can you still get Old Bob? I recall Adnams and Old Bob being a regular tipple back in the day

Can you still get Old Bob? I recall Adnams and Old Bob being a regular tipple back in the day

Old Bob! What an excellent beer! That was a beer brewed by Ridleys, a small Essex brewery based near Felsted. Unfortunately was bought out by Greene King about 10 years ago. You can still get Old Bob in 500ml bottles, a strong darkish beer. Me and my mates used to drink a Bob n bitter. Half pint of Ridleys bitter and a bottle of Bob. Bit like a light n bitter or a black n tan. Ridleys brewery have made a bit of a comeback, one of Mr Ridleys sons started a brewery in Braintree, and they produce some superb beers. 🍺
  • Morrison’s sell old job still
  • love to drink brown and bitter, brown ale so hard to get hold of, not that Newcastle chemical muck
  • When I was a whippersnapper I worked in Lloyds of London. One of my friends was best pals with Peter Osgood who was a young player at the time. He told my friend that he was running with the ball against Leeds when Bremner who was chasing him said if you’re not careful I’ll break both your blank blank legs.
  • When I was a whippersnapper I worked in Lloyds of London. One of my friends was best pals with Peter Osgood who was a young player at the time. He told my friend that he was running with the ball against Leeds when Bremner who was chasing him said if you’re not careful I’ll break both your blank blank legs.

I also left school and started working at Lloyds of London!!, I was only 16, lasted a few years before realising office work was not for me...Fun days tho...remember it well... and the views from the 10th floor of London House, unreal.....
  • Wombat, I have been known to partake of a few Old Bob when I lived in Witham, which was where I first drank Ridleys. Shame they went out of business.
  • edited March 2021
    Ah Ridleys. It looked like cold tea but was a lovely pint. 🤪
    Used to drink it in the coach and horses Billericay.
  • My dad used to drink in the coach and horses in Billericay Giant, did some nice grub in there aswell
  • Pearces, yes a good pub. I used to work next door to the Red Lion and that was a good’n as well.
  • Wombat, I have been known to partake of a few Old Bob when I lived in Witham, which was where I first drank Ridleys. Shame they went out of business.

Does "The George" and "The White Hart" still continue. I was there in the 1980's

I also left school and started working at Lloyds of London!!, I was only 16, lasted a few years before realising office work was not for me...Fun days tho...remember it well... and the views from the 10th floor of London House, unreal.....
    I have been in the insurance/reinsurance game since I was 17, spent most of my early career at London market companies but ended up at Lloyd’s for a few years before moving to Chicago in 2003, have fond memories of my time there.

• Pearces, yes a good pub. I used to work next door to the Red Lion and that was a good’n as well.

I used to work in the Nat West in Billericay spent many an hour in the Red Lion/Chequers/Crown /Railway ,the Rising Sun has gone so has the White Hart

Does "The George" and "The White Hart" still continue. I was there in the 1980's
    Well I haven't lived there since 2003 but I googled them and they're both still going =) .
    The George was where I had my first Ridley's pint.
    I also used to frequent The Sun in Feering, but my favourite pub in the area was/is The Swan in Little Totham serving Mighty Oak's Captain Bob.