What teams do you hate, and why?

Comments

• In what way was she slagging the club off?
  • In what way was she slagging the club off?

OK, maybe slagging off isn't quite right, but she's saying they might not have been promoted if it wasn't for Covid, which is saying they weren't good enough.
  • They called out one pundit for something fairly innocuous, and not other pundits for any other criticism. I wonder why they thought it was ok to go after something Carney said and not any other pundit.
  • I thought she was saying that they ran out of steam because they run around alot. Nothing about not being good enough.
    Let's say towards the end of the season, we start losing a few games due to fatigue, would you say the likes of Rice or Soucek were not good enough because they were tired?
  • She's saying that, as a club, they weren't good enough to get promoted without Covid, rather different to a couple of key players getting tired. I'll say again, I don't condone any abuse she received, but I really don't see what's wrong with what Leeds have done after she's cast doubt on a whole season's achievement.
  • Personally, I find it impossible to look at the situation and see that Leeds have been anything other than unprofessional and inflammatory.
  • I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one 👍
  • No she said the break helped them. A bit like the break helped Villa stay up because after the break, Villa looked alot better.
  • Phil McNulty Oct 2020 - The full-on attacking style and the physical intensity it requires may yet take its toll on Leeds further down the road

Did Leeds respond publicly challenging that opinion? No.

• edited January 2021
    MrsGrey said:

Phil McNulty Oct 2020 - The full-on attacking style and the physical intensity it requires may yet take its toll on Leeds further down the road

Did Leeds respond publicly challenging that opinion? No.

He's talking about this season, she cast doubt on their achievement, which promotion is, last season. They won promotion, and she's dismissing it as being something that might well not have happened without Covid.
  • edited January 2021
    She's saying that something that didn't happen (not being promoted) might have happened if the situation (covid) had been different. Pundits (and ordinary fans) do it all the time. And often in a way that seems to undermine the acievement. Can't see what all the fuss is about, really.

As for Leeds, it's a bit pathetic they chose to respond, but the club has a history of taking umbrage (Derby gate). But what's worse for me is the tone. The self-evident mockery and belittling. It's like they've got 'ladz' in charge of their social media.

And that tone is a deliberate choice. And so imo although they aren't to blame for the twitter twits' vile comments, the club is somewhere along the same continuum.

• The thing is if our owners did the same thing, I reckon there would be uproar. People would be all over it like a cheap suit.
  • This afternoon I couldn’t be happier🤡 well done Crawley town. I have no attachment to Crawley other than using their local airport frequently, and the Chap Hamstews appreciation of the area, but honestly Crawley 3 - 0 Leeds, could not have been more delightful.
    I look forward to Marine v Spuds.
  • edited January 2021
    I tend to dislike specific managers, and therefore their clubs. Currently Dean Smith/ Villa and Sean Dyche / Burnley make me cringe every time they speak, so I love to see them lose.
  • Blimey, Utd V Liverpool this weekend. That's a toss up for me for who I loathe the least
  • I think I dislike Klopp more than Ole at the moment, so I’ll take a Man U win please.
  • Spurs and Moanrinho
  • Still Liverpool. Still Klopp.
  • I agree that certain managers make me like or dislike a particular club more than I otherwise would. Spurs and Liverpool are both double-whammied atm as far as I'm concerned, whereas I've not got a particular problem with Ole yet, so I dislike Man Utd a whole lot less than I did under SAF.

For some reason I've gone right off West Brom recently
  • Ole's face annoys me.
  • Ole's face annoys me.

One day I was watching MOTD and Ole was giving an interview, and my girlfriend looked up and very casually said “that man looks like Smeagle” and then went back to what she was doing.
  • He really does though.
  • Leeds lost 🥰
  • Leeds lost 🥰

Commiserations Wombat, sad times "HUG"