What teams do you hate, and why?

Comments

• Liverpool the whole we had to wait 30 years for a league title when they have won pretty much everything else multiple times inbetween and the media love in . Salah goes down its he is being clever he was definitely touched" if any player from the non top 6 its " don't thing its enough to warrant a penalty" . Spurs aswell obviously :-)
  • edited November 2020
    Tbh I think Cairney’s dive was as bad as Salah’s (apart from the scream). Little tap on his right foot and suddenly both his legs disappear from under him. A lot more is always made of Salah doing it.
  • Cairney's was awful. I think on MOTD they said it was a nailed on penalty, no complaints, but I have to say that I thought it was worse than the one against Liverpool.
  • Both are awfull

Neither of the contact they received would've brought them down naturally

Games gone, and its not just VAR

If we keep rewarding those that play the ref then its going to get worse and worse

If you go down unnaturally, even if you have been caught, that is a dive
  • I agree, but I think that there needs to be pay off for staying on your feet. It can still be a foul if you don't go to ground, but that never gets rewarded. Players are encouraged for going to ground, because at least then it gets looked it. If there is contact you won't get booked, and you might get a pen. If we started to see players getting booked for going down unnaturally, and others getting penalties when they stayed on their feet, then the problem would start to solve itself.
  • There should be a new rule that exaggeration is a yellow card.
    As every penalty is VAR’d then the VAR ref should be able to say “yes it’s a pen but a yellow card for the fouled”.
  • Many years ago when I still played an opposition CH took me out knee high but I hobbled on a step or 2 before collapsing with two stud holes in my knee. The referee didn’t give a penalty as he had played an “advantage”! 😡 As I was being carried off I was advised I should have gone to ground the second I was kicked. Nothing’s changed.
  • Fortune, ouch, have you still got them? =)
  • edited November 2020
    It's the whole "there's contact, he's entitled to go down" that's spouted by commentators, obviously when talking about the "blue eyed boys" like the big 6 (when it's us, it's "there's contact, but not enough for me"), that epitomises it for me. You should only go down if you can't stay on your feet, and this needs to start coming through. If Salah genuinely couldn't stay up after that contact from Masuaku, then he needs to see a doctor.
  • Buffy, it makes it all the more inexplicable and frustrating when, in the Citeh match, Gundogan tries to rip Rice's arm off, and Antonio is cleaned out (and if that was not enough contact what is?) before the defender touched the ball, and yet VAR does nothing.
    IMO it happens too often not to be a case of bias against us.

#notahappyhammer
  • edited November 2020
    alderz said:

I agree, but I think that there needs to be pay off for staying on your feet. It can still be a foul if you don't go to ground, but that never gets rewarded. Players are encouraged for going to ground, because at least then it gets looked it. If there is contact you won't get booked, and you might get a pen. If we started to see players getting booked for going down unnaturally, and others getting penalties when they stayed on their feet, then the problem would start to solve itself.

Did you see the Man City match - the scenario you describe is what happened with Sterling. He stayed on his feet but it was an obvious foul, and obviously the contact was strong because he was knocked completely off balance ... but he got nothing for it because he didn't go down.

From the Guardian Min-by_min
    "11 min Rodri plays a good pass out to Sterling on the left. He runs at Alexander-Arnold before being barged over by Jota on the edge of the area. Sterling tried to stay on his feet and then lost his balance, which meant he didn’t get the free-kick. Things like that are an incentive to dive."

...and in fact Liverpool in the same move went down the other end of the pitch and Mane won a penalty off Walker.
  • the point of VAR would have been to review and award the penalty on feet or not
  • I notiched that Mrs Grey .Credit to Sterling for not going down.(sure he will next time )And he has in the past .It just seems so wrong But if thats the way it is, like i said before our players have to go down at the slightest touch ,But reallyl dont want to see it
  • For any non rugby union followers out there, football can learn a lot. The referee holds out his arm so everyone knows advantage is being played. Play can continue for a minute or so until advantage is gained , or if not, then brought back. No need for rash decisions and everyone knows what's going on
  • Can we get back on topic please.
    Crystal Palace
  • Man Utd and Chelsea
  • Spuds, big shock I know, in other new Wombat hates the lids
  • Elf cup

Blackpool 2- 0 Leeds u 21

I care not about this ht result other than it gives Leeds U21s an opportunity to move somewhere else before they are tainted by the memory and history of their dreadful and appalling past, and if they are ever given the opportunity to wear tasseled socks they can say nay lad, I’m having nowt of that funny business, billy bremner Peter lorimer

• A I L L V

That's alphabetical.
  • And Villa and dean smith
  • You know who else? Villa.
  • Not a fan of Aston Villa either
  • I HATE GREALISH. I HOPE HE GETS FROM DRIVING FOR LIFE
  • Ok he's not a team but I still really dislike him.
  • Burnley.

Wrong answer? 😗
  • Spuds they should sign Grealish to increase the hate