Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• Differance between him and that other guy who went to china forgot his name,But you know who i mean,Good luck Pedro :wave:
  • I think Pedro had a reputation for being a really nice guy and that came across when he was playing, he always had a smile on his face even when talking to opposing players or match officials.
  • Class, Good luck to a Good egg!
  • West Ham want to sign New York Red Bulls centre-back Aaron Long but cannot complete a deal because he is unable to secure a work permit at the moment, according to Sky sources.

Long is the MLS defender of the year and has played in six of USA’s past seven games, including the Gold Cup final.

The 26-year-old - who is also a target for Marseille, Fiorentina, Rennes and Lyon - has a £4m release clause and wants to move to the Premier League.
  • edited July 2019

I think Pedro had a reputation for being a really nice guy and that came across when he was playing, he always had a smile on his face even when talking to opposing players or match officials.

Met Pedro with my kids a couple of times. Always and I mean always had time for people. Lovely human being.

Wishing him all the best.
  • You always got the impression he was a class person outside of football. Seemed a very switched on & genuinely likeable guy. Shame he never quite offered enough consistently to become a real star here but I 100% wish him all the best & will keep an eye on how he & his new club do. :ok:
  • Hugill going on loan to QPR
  • Can’t believe we’re loaning someone we don’t want why not just sell cheap write off the fee and wages, we need levy as chairman he’d get 15 million for him
  • edited July 2019
    Cuz1 said:

Can’t believe we’re loaning someone we don’t want why not just sell cheap write off the fee and wages, we need levy as chairman he’d get 15 million for him

We tried to sell Hugill to Wigan on the cheap but he wasn't prepared to take a 50% wage cut.

Good luck to him, hopefully he's a success at Champo level and there a bit more interest in January or next summer.
  • Cuz

Because of employment law.

Hugill has a contract with us. We can't force him to give that contract up, so we are faced with paying a player who will not be in our squad, or getting at least some of his wages off our books via this loan.
  • Pedro what a class guy...

how players become fan favorites.

It's not only what you do on the pitch...

Welcome back anytime...
  • I accept that grey, just seems to happen to us more than others maybe it’s just me :ok:
  • Re : hugill

I expect FFP comes into play. I would imagine the (ludicrous) fee we paid for him is being amortised over the length of his contract from an accounting perspective - thus spreading the hit over years.

If however we sold him for next to nothing (which is what we would have to do as no-one will want to pay his wages), then the balance of his original transfer fee hits the bottom line immediately (I think)
  • Arsenal & Spurs seem to be doing some very good transfer business. The deal for Pepe indicates you can acquire a good player without blowing your reported budget, even when it is limited, on one player.
  • edited July 2019
    Arsenal arranged an installment plan for Pepe.

And Ceballas on loan.

#westhamstylee
  • Mrs G, you would have thought a few other clubs could consider doing deals that way so they could sign some highly priced players. ;)
  • BBC gossip reporting that the Sunday Mirror say Palace are thinking of bidding for Antonio.... he can't go?surely not?
  • That one's been going for at least the last 2 years, yoyo, and it's the Mirror, so I'd put it low on your list of things that might actually happen.
  • You're right grey, I put it down to lazy journalism
  • Hugill to QPR confirmed on a season-long loan. I would imagine we'll see another loan the following season too; basically he'll be loaned until his contract is up because no Championship club will match his current wages.
  • Hugill to QPR confirmed on a season-long loan. I would imagine we'll see another loan the following season too; basically he'll be loaned until his contract is up because no Championship club will match his current wages.

Unless we get relegated :hmm:
  • Truly strategic planning to have an entire contingency squad that are out on loan and ready to come back if we ever get relegated
  • On the subject of loans, am I right in saying that in (almost) three windows since Pelle arrived we have not brought in a single player on loan?
  • baracks

Yep :ok:

We were meant to bring Sanchez in on loan but changed it to a two year deal
  • alderz said:

baracks

Yep :ok:

We were meant to bring Sanchez in on loan but changed it to a two year deal

So only one left to run then :phew:
  • Yes, but if Saint brenda the creator of football doesn't rate him ..............................
This discussion has been closed.