Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• Could be that, yes.

It depends on whether you believe C&H are the board's mouthpiece, which is a widely-used accusation on Twitter, or that they're just a couple of chancers who are all about the likes.

Sean Whetstone, one of the main contributers, is supposedly one of the genuine West Ham ITKs, but in the murky world of social media you just never know.
  • I would be really happy with Gary Medel. Saw him a few times and looked a proper player.
  • So Obiang has gone. Shame he never quite reached the potential I thought he had. Had that one great spell when he got his own thread and of course there was that rocket against Spurs.

Hopefully we'll see the money reinvested in a replacement.

Farewell Pedro. Thanks for your professionalism :wave:
  • :wave: Thanks and good luck who knows we might meet again in europe :biggrin:
  • Good luck Pedro

But what I’m keen to know is who will take over the what’s app group admin for the players and boot out any player that throws a strop?
  • Good luck Pedro.

I will never forget your worldy goal against Spurs.
  • I always liked Pedros defending, some great last ditch tackles to break up midfield attacks. Will miss him dearly.
  • I am sad to see him go as he was the kind of player we needed to keep for the bench, sadly that is understandably not enough for him as he could clearly warrant pitch time elsewhere. A good side needs to not only attract good starters but also a quality bench and Pedro came into that category. We may find it hard to attract his quality for the squad.
  • Sad to see him go but a player that can be easily upgraded on as it never quite worked out for him here

I just hope we do upgrade and dont settle, as we ar wwoefully short atm of holding midfielders
  • I just hope we do upgrade and dont settle, as we ar wwoefully short atm of holding midfielders

I wouldn’t actually mind buying/loaning a cheap backup this season, and then spending the rest plus next season’s budget on a Noble replacement.
  • edited July 2019

Will always remember him for this.
  • I think our transfer business is mostly done. Maybe an Obiang replacement.

Good signings in Haller and Fornals.

Whilst our attacking department is shaping up nicely.

My concerns are:-

-LB looks weak.
    -Cover for Rice is weak.
    -CB cover is flimsy at best.

the ideal:-

-Move Sanchez on (not going to happen though)
    -Bring in another quality CDM
    -Sell one of the LB and replace with a better first choice LB
    -Sell Ogbonna and replace with another CB
  • In the most ideal of worlds I would sell

Sanchez (obvs)
    Hugill (obvs)
    Ogbonna - increasingly a liability
    Chicha - as good a finisher as he is, you struggle to see how he can fit in with Pelle’s way of playing
    Cresswell - he is definitely on the decline - may sound harsh, however if we want to progress, we ideally don’t want declining players

Then I would

Try and upgrade a central defender
    Get a d/m who is an upgrade on obiang and Sanchez
    Get another striker more befitting pelle’s style

I wouldn’t replace Cresswell but would let Johnson compete with Masuaka

Of the three ideal acquisitions, one or two could even be loans

I don’t, however, believe much of the above will happen
  • I don’t think we’ll sell any more (other than Hugill if anyone wants him). I hope we’ll sign one more CM because I am worried about our cover if we get a couple of injuries.
  • LB, CM and CB will be next year's problem me thinks

I would just be happy with a new CM and that's it
  • I am thinking that won’t happen. Because Pelle is seeing Sanchez as our d/m option (which therefore made obiang dispensable). He must be seeing some amazing things from him on the training ground.
  • The Pelle must have an eye infection
  • edited July 2019
    Not sure who they asked but it wasn't me. Unless they meant hate not rate. Maybe was the same people that they ask Family Fortunes questions to.

• I'm glad we managed to get our money back on him. Wasn't a bad player and definitely not one of the worst forwards we have had but certainly not one of our good players.
  • Never in a million years worth £20m at the prevailing prices back then. We did extraordinarily well to basically get our money back by offloading him.
  • Never really found his feet with us, and he never really found the right position for him

He was trialled as a striker, which never quite fit

He wasnt quick enough for the wings

He wasnt really creative enough as a #10

He was at his best off the bench as he had a knack for being in the right place in the box
  • Absolute passenger of a player. They will never get out of the bottom 3 if they lose Zaha and get Ayew
  • Why is it that players who don’t quite work out for West Ham overall have often come to life when we have played Spurs?

Piqionne
    Rav
    Obiang
    Ayew

:hmm:
  • Effort and Will is a huge separator between good and excellent players.

When we play Spurs everybody is at 100%...
  • Ayew was an absolute meh! Of a player. Saying that he did score a few important goals for us.
  • Effort and Will is a huge separator between good and excellent players.

When we play Spurs everybody is at 100%...

Oh please don't let any of them read that, you know what they are like for insisting its our cup final.
  • Marcus Brown off to Boro on a permanent apparently...

Certainly cleaning the dust webs off the squad this summer, I think that is something like 10 players gone maybe more with Hugill...
  • That's a shame

Always liked the look of Browne when I saw him plus hes coming off a fantastic loan for Oxford

Hopefully we put a tasty sell on clause (or buyback cluase) as cant imagine we will be getting much for him
  • £300k :doh:
This discussion has been closed.