Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• The Internet and stuff
  • edited May 2019
    alderz

This site does a reasonable job of trawling the various sites for rumours:

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/West+Ham+United/Transfer+News

These are the ones I've seen so far (I'm only logging 'ins'):

• Grey ;ok

I like newsnow, but I don't like it on my phone as it's not as easy to read. Always useful to see where the rumours are coming from because they are much, much easier to dismiss as nonsense when I know that ti's an exclusive from the Express :ok:
  • I think the window will largely rely on us shifting a few bodies before we get any in. I can see this being a late window of purchases for us. around the late July time.
  • alderz said:

Where’s all that from?

I googled west ham
  • Its been widely reported we have 30mil budget to start with and anything else has to be funded by sales so hopefully we can get at least one big signing in early than sort the rest later in the window
  • https://1.ftb.al/INNXEYjjVW

According to Greek Radio, West Ham have made a bid for Kostas Fortounis. He sounds expensive.
  • Just a quick question ,if we got two good offers for Anderson and Rice and we had to sell one which one would we take .......i think i would have to go with Anderson as i believe Rice would be harder to replace ........Dont want to loose either
  • Anderson

There are lots of wingers out there

Defensive midfielders are far less common
  • 100% Anderson
  • If we're prepared to sell either then it's a signal all players that the club has limited ambitions.
  • edited May 2019
    Pearces

But 'widely reported' can easily mean one (possibly incorrect) source endlessly repeated.

Only time will tell.

• Pearces

But 'widely reported' can easily mean one (possibly incorrect) source endlessly repeated.

This, for me, is the biggest problem. You can find a dozen blogs/websites and half a dozen 'proper' (ish) media outlets reporting the same story so t looks at first glance like it is pretty firmly established bit of news, but they are all reporting what each other has said, and a close reading reveals that it all comes from a single speculative rumour (that used language like 'could be interested', 'may make a move for', 'are reportedly considering bidding for' , has been linked with') in something like the Express.
  • Pearces

Only time will tell.

But it was on Claret and Hugh so it must be true :lol:
  • Pearces

Good point, well made. My bad :yercoat: :wink:

• But it was on Claret and Hugh so it must be true :lol:

Quite poetic Pearce 🙂
  • Have we signed anyone yet today.................. :tumbleweed:
  • goal.com reckons Adrian could be going to Liverpool as back up keeper with Palace and Bournemouth also interested.
  • Sky linking us to Clyne

I'd like for his to sign clyne, but with Zab getting an extension and the possibility of a small budget I'd doubt we'd spend almost £15mil on a RB
  • edited May 2019
    It's pretty obvious that Fredericks will be our first choice RB with Zab as back up for the next season so I don't see why we'd be interested in Clyne when our biggest problem is strikers.

Newcastle Chronicle linking us with Isaac Hayden who has put in a transfer request so he can move back down south for family reasons. Strong DM who can play RB at a pinch and might be a good replacement for Obiang if he's leaving.

They've also linked us with Shelvey as usual...
  • edited May 2019
    Problem with Fredericks is he is already starting to look like a bit of a liability, injury wise.

Another 3 month lay-off & it’s Zab for the foreseeable.
  • Also reading that we're close to signing Millwall 'keeper David (son of Alvin) Martin.

As meh a potential signing as I think I've ever seen.
  • Going on Fredericks record at Fulham he picks up a bad injury every other season, 17/18 he only missed one game so next season should be okay.
  • Maybe Pelle thinks that Ben Johnson is a good enough option as a third choice?
  • No point wasting the budget on a back up keeper if Trott is the future and Fab will play every game. Unless Fab gets injured and then we lose points...
  • edited May 2019
    Nigeria striker Obafemi Martins looking for a new club

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48405291?__twitter_impression=true

Sully be like

• South London Press says we're going to sign David (Son of Alvin) Martin from M..... as our back up keeper.
This discussion has been closed.