Injury (and Recovery) News for 2018-19

Comments

• Lukerz

Don't think signing Wilshere was a mistake; it was a calculated risk that hasn't paid off so far (and may never.)
  • edited December 2018
    Other reports say he’s out for another 5 weeks with no mention of the rest of the season.
  • I think the end of season part is just coming from Pellegrini saying there were several who weren’t back this season and the rags guessing
  • The Reid of a couple of years ago maybe but not the recent Reid.
  • Reid will struggle to get back in imo, unless we have a CB injury crisis....

Personally don’t think he is on the same level as Diop or the General, I’d even put Ogbonna ahead of him as well

Interesting piece about AC, I’ve always maintained that footballers hate being injured the rehab can be so tough
  • TBH an in-form Reid is far better than what I have seen so far of Diop or Balbuena, IMO.
  • In-form Reid pre-injuries maybe. But his last few comebacks haven't been great and he's looked a shadow. I love him, but he's not the future for us by any stretch of the imagination.
  • Diop and Balbuena will improve they only played less than half a season so far Diop especially I can see improving
  • It’s not the two new centre backs I worry about, and zab is steady again it’s the left side needs improvement, Rocky and diop imo have got better every game and would be my first pairing now and for the future
  • edited December 2018
    Well it must just be me then cos all I saw Diop do Saturday was mark fresh air. Mind you he's a good striker that fresh air bloke. ;wink No, tell a lie, he did make one really good headed clearance that I can remember.
  • Both of our CB’s are decent but let’s not pretend they are brilliant. They leave players unmarked on a regular basis. I would have Reid back in there any day if he recovers from injury and gets some consistency in fitness back.
  • I believe diop in time will be a regular international he’s only young as for rocky imo will be better than Reid as of late pre injury who again imo his standards dropped pretty much as soon as his new 5/6 contract came in
  • Diop's going to turn into a massive transfer fee as hes only going to get better, enjoy him while you can
  • Lukerz said:

Both of our CB’s are decent but let’s not pretend they are brilliant. They leave players unmarked on a regular basis. I would have Reid back in there any day if he recovers from injury and gets some consistency in fitness back.

It’s been a long time since Reid has been consistently good. He’s been either injured or poor for most of the last two or three seasons, as far as I can remember.

Considering Diop is 21 and both he and Balbuena have been playing in this league for three months, have never played together, and play in a side that’s much more concerned with attacking than defending, I think you’re doing them both a massive disservice.
  • Balbuena out for at least a month according to Claret & Hugh.
  • The west ham curse strikes again

Thankfully unlike previous years we have a replacement in Ogbonna who isn't much of a dip off in quality

Really a testament to our current squad depth that with all these injuries we are doing as well as we are
  • Thought Ogbonna did well when he came on.

• Lanzini looks quite ok to me. It must be just a question of building up his fitness now and maybe strengthening his knee? Maybe a month?

Obviously he should be eased back in when ready anyway.
  • Anyone else wince through every second of that? ;hmm
  • Surprise, surprise, we're top of the Physioroom injury list with 10, although Arnie,, Hernandez and Zabaleta all listed as "Late fitness test" for Burnley.

No return date for Rocky, Manu, Fredericks or Wilshere, end of January for Reid, and late April for Yarmolenko and Sanchez.

https://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

• OCS
    It was his dyed blond hair that made me wince. ;biggrin
  • Cant wait for my favourite player to return ;pray
  • Hernandez is out, Arnie will be assessed but probably won’t be risked.

Perez and a bit of AC and Antonio then
  • ;weep when will it all end .will we ever put out our best 11
  • ;hmm perhaps that's why we are winning ,if we don't know what team we are going to play ,how on earth can anyone else know ;scarf
  • edited December 2018
    All good
    Planning for when we conquer Europe ;cheers

coyi ;wahoo coyi ;wahoo coyi ;wahoo
    ;barrera ;barrera ;barrera ;barrera ;barrera ;barrera ;barrera ;barrera ;barrera

;biggrin
  • I thought that was the point of Brexit ;biggrin
  • edited December 2018

I thought that was the point of Brexit ;biggrin

Yes correct
    But with hint of changes
    ;biggrin
    Europe countries become states of Britain
    So cough up Europe
    My tomato’s was late growing
    This year
    Cough up or I will send bfs to deal with you