Injury (and Recovery) News for 2018-19

Comments

• If Carroll has one last hurrah in him for us before his next injury I think many of us will let go of just how little he has played if he can make a big contribution in the next six weeks. I think he and Chico could work.

If looking completely left field I wonder is Masuako could cause a few problems in the front line? strong and good with the ball at his feet, can he finish though? If Antonio is worth a go up front and yet can play full back I don't see a reason I wouldn't want to give Arthur at least a try if we are hit by injuries.
  • So Arnie Could miss up to 9 games. Lets hope others can step up and do the business.

Basically a quarter of the season. Sheesh.
  • Adam said:

So Arnie Could miss up to 9 games. Lets hope others can step up and do the business.

Basically a quarter of the season. Sheesh.
    A month is (according to fixture list) the next 7 PL games.
  • I’d be ok with only a month with the fixture list we have time for others to step up till January there’s enough talent there imo
  • He needed a break & this was the only way he’d get it. He’s slightly gone off the boil the last four games & we know he has been carrying a knee injury. Let him refresh over Xmas.
  • Or his he going to United and they don’t want him to risk an injury before the window opens ;whistle
  • Cuz, shame on you ;fishslap
  • with Fredericks’ injury, I hope he will be ready in the middle of January
    says Pellegrini
    Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/december/07-december/versatile-antonio-wins-pellegrini-praise#zD0RqCOchE7IEiha.99
  • WIlshire still injured according to Pellegrini.
  • OCS that deserves more ;lol ;lol ;lol
  • edited December 2018
    Interesting article today by AC in which he says he hates being injured and hates the instant jokes about it and how he is always on holiday. He spends most of the injured time in the gym keeping fit. His latest injury was because screws in his ankle came loose and he needed another operation. He states at the moment he is about 75% match fit but desperate to play.
    He has a two year option on his contract and loves it at West Ham and wants to stay but says it's a club option so he knows he needs to prove that he is worthy of the option being taken up.
  • I guess you would see how much he liked the club and wanted to stay if he were to accept a pay as you play deal, 5k per week basic and 50k per match, for example.

Whilst I couldn't agree with Declan Rice being only offered a pay as you play type contract if ever their were a candidate for one it would be Andy Carroll.

I feel a little sorry for Carroll ( well as sorry as you can for a massively overpaid footballer) as injuries are not his fault, and I don't feel anyone can not say that every single time he takes to the pitch he has given his all for us.
  • Just wish he could have a couple of injury free seasons to show us his abilities to the max
  • The closest AC came to an injury free season was 2011-12 with Liverpool, he missed Norwich away in April with a groin strain but was available every other match. Somehow I don't think we're ever going to see him reach that level of reliability again.
  • Offer him a pay as you play anything more is money down the drain
  • Yes makes sense to me that
  • Ex says Arnie is well ahead of schedule & expected to be involved in the Southampton game on the 27th. ;ok
  • Good news (if accurate...), but equally good news is that we've got ourselves into a position where it isn't essential to rush him, or anyone, back.

Pelle seems to me to be a manager who is a good judge of how match fit a player is.
  • I agree grey and also what a better squad of players who seem to want to come in and play for the shirt and playing well so we don’t have to rush them back, last year arnie would probably played if he could breathe
  • I must admit that after Arnie got crocked I did have doubts about our goals, but now hopefully he will have to fight for his place now
  • The way we’ve been playing, putting Arnie into Antonio’s place in a 4-4-2 is very exciting to me
  • The rags have Jack Wilshire being out for the rest of the season
  • Hardly unexpected is it
  • Pelle did say four or five first teamers possibly out for the season. We know about Sanchez and Yarmo; maybe Wilshere was one of those too ;hmm
  • Do we know when Winston is back? I miss him
  • He too could be one of the five.

I don't think he'll play for us again, if I'm honest.
  • Reid is due back in January, according to Physioroom.
  • Hope that's not the end for Winston. Diop, Balbuena & Reid would be a solid CB unit. Wilshere we knew when we signed he would either be a revelation or a mistake.