Injury (and Recovery) News for 2018-19

Comments

• Saw a post on another forum from someone with inside knowledge at the club that Winston Reid'a injury is so severe that he may never play first team football again. Very sad if true.
  • It's an issue with his back.
  • www.football.london reckons Fredericks and Hernandez will return to training this week.
  • Wasn’t it Reid’s knee originally?
  • All stems from his back injury apparently Cuz. Sakho had a similar thing. It causes hamstring problems, which can cause knee and calf problems.

I'd be surprised if we saw Reid in the claret and blue again.
  • edited January 2019
    OCS ;ok cheers mate
  • Reid was stretchered off at Swansea with a serious knee injury and hasn't played since.
  • Physio room is showing Reid will return in 2 weeks. I Would like to know where they get their facts from.
  • edited January 2019
    They base it on what the player, manager or club rep has said publicly.

When I look at the site, it says 'expected back 29 January' (which was probably the original timescale set by the club) and gives a quote from this interview in October
    https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/sport/368912/winston-reid-remains-positive-as-he-looks-to-return-to-football which suggest all is on track (which is why they haven't got 'unknown return date' I suppose)

Key quotes related to rehab/comeback:

- Obviously, when you have an operation you never know how things are going to look on the other side, but it's going better than we thought so that's positive.
    -I'm doing gym work at the moment, rehabbing the quad and the leg and getting the bulk back
    - everything after the operation has gone really, really well, touch wood, and there has been no swelling.

If the club at any point updates the prognosis, physioroom will change it on their site.
  • Balbuena out for 4-6 weeks according to a user on KUMB due to requiring a small ankle operation.
  • He's got small ankles! ;nonono
  • Lukerz said:

Balbuena out for 4-6 weeks according to a user on KUMB due to requiring a small ankle operation.

Yeah that's what Ex said in his podcast
  • So our CB options are Diop, Ogbonna and Rice. Possibly Oxford if we don't sell him.

If Rice is played there, we have no DM to speak of, which is a vital part of Pellegrini's formation.

So I reckon we'll see a CB or DM bought in, on loan at the very least.
  • Are you giving credibility to that story about Reid , then?
  • I forgot all about Reid.

But yeah, IMO, I don't think he'll play this season.
  • Ex says Fredericks & Hernandez are both available for Arsenal.
  • Lukerz said:

Ex says Fredericks & Hernandez are both available for Arsenal.

Great so they get our injured players back as well ;weep
  • In Pelle's press conference just now he said no new injuries since last match, and everybody who was injured is still out. #nonews
  • So those out are out and them in are in except those who are out got ya
  • Cuz1
    I think that is out of order ..... ;wahoo
  • Hamstew said:

Lukerz said:

Balbuena out for 4-6 weeks according to a user on KUMB due to requiring a small ankle operation.

Yeah that's what Ex said in his podcast
    Well, it was an operation on his knee, but other than that ...

Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2019/january/10-january/team-news-nasri-set-premier-league-bow-balbuena-ruled-out#ptUUD1jHpWGpTXbV.99
  • So Chicharito and Fredericks not avail ..... ;weep
  • Cuz, that sounds like someone trying to explain cricket to an American ;biggrin

MrsGrey from that link.
    Manuel Pellegrini revealed Samir Nasri could make his Premier League debut for the West Ham United on Saturday.

Who says "the" West Ham United (other than the writer of course).
    ;hmm
  • Manu back soon ;pray

IMG_20190115_194949
  • The first part is a translation, presumably from Spanish.

I'm taking this to mean he's close to a return to training.
  • ;pray

Lanzini is going to be a star in a Pelle team.
  • Lanzini & Nasri ;wahoo
  • I wonder with both Nasri & Lanzini playing if we could adopt the City MF approach where they have Ferdiniho just behind the two Silvas and then three man attack.

I would be interested to see if Rice could play the Ferdiniho role.

Lanzini has played MF and I think Nasri also.
  • Vorse just thinking about that makes me excited