Injury (and Recovery) News for 2018-19

Comments

• He's about to start contact training. I assume this will be the most critical time to see if he is ready to be back or not.
  • Agreed Ham, they will know in the next few weeks if this season is realistic

With regards Wilshere I really wanted him to do well, but if out for the season then the Manager owns that one, Sully wasn’t keen
  • technically, lanzini can’t play again this season, because he hasn’t played already...
  • I'm glad I wasnt high when reading that or it might have blew my mind ;wahoo
  • Has anyone heard if Antonio is injured. He looked like he was playing most of the game against Liverpool hobbling a bit as if he had a back or hamstring problem.
  • edited February 2019
    ;ok It was bizarre, he was hobbling and limping all the time, holding sort of above his hip/his lower back.

Yet when he had the ball he was galloping like a good 'un.
  • Exactly. Maybe it was part of the free kick move to look injured (signal from Noble). But then he forgot to stop after scoring.
  • edited February 2019
    If you watch the goal celebration someone jumps on his back and catches him in his lower back with a knee which made Antonio wince a bit.
  • But he was definitely having a problem earlier. I remember commenting on the match thread before the goal.
  • edited February 2019
    Pelle confirmed Yarmelenko / Sanchez / Reid will not play this season. With Wilshire as a major doubt that he will play this season again either.

Reckon the rumours of an early retirement for Reid might not just be rumours.

Lanzini targeting the bench for 22nd Feb. Balbuena back in a couple weeks.
    Nasri not ready yet with calf injury probably back 22nd Feb.
  • I love Lanzini
  • Can't wait to see him in this side ;bowdown

But such a shame for Yarmo in particular. He was starting to look really good, and would have added a lot throughout the season, IMO.
  • Hamstew said:

Screenshot_20190207-135405
    Swoon

Yes, its swoon, 22 February ;wink
  • Yarmolenko looked the bees knees before his injury. Reminds me of Arnie. With Anderson, Yarmolenko, Lanzini and Nasri in the side we will create bucket loads of chances. Add Diangana, Antonio, Silva (from the little I saw), Arnie (if he can be bothered) and Nathan Holland (from what I`ve heard) and we should have a pretty potent attacking line up to choose from when all fit. If we can get a really top class striker, (Gomez??) in the summer I think we will be pretty sorted in that department. ;wahoo
  • So that would be -

Fab
    Rice
    Antonio Silva Nasri Holland Yarma Lanzini Anderson Diangana
    Arnie

Yep, certainly looks attacking to me. ;biggrin
  • edited February 2019
    Pity the poor defence facing that line up!

Let's just try and outscore the opposition!!!

Hold on a minute...where's Markie ;angry
  • He'll be Rice's therapist.

• Would be great to see lanzini back (as long as he is not rushed
  • Herb, all joking aside, just for the sheer hell of it, and to totally dumbfound the oppo manager, wouldn`t it be lovely, just once, to field that side. Although I would swap Holland and Silva around. That would make more sense. ;scarf
  • I like the look of that line up but I wouldn't swap Holland and Silva around.

• Should we go behind Fab could play rush goalie. ;hmm
  • IronHerb said:

Should we go behind Fab could play rush goalie. ;hmm

Whats with the negativity. Fab plays rush goalie from the start................
  • Why have Fab in the side at all? Surely Carroll is better suited since he’s taller and can just head the ball away. (Keeper’s) Gloves are for wusses, anyway.
  • edited February 2019
    Making a large assumption but if Lanzini / Nasri / Balbuena come back. (and none of our current players get injured)

Who drops from the match day squad ?

Our bench at Palace was:-

Zabaleta / Arnautovic / Carroll / Adrian / Obiang / Masuaku / Diangana.

our starting 11 at Palace was:-

Fabianski / Fredericks / Diop / Ogbonna / Cresswell / Rice / Antonio / Noble / Snodgrass / Anderson / Hernandez
  • Of that 18, I would have Lanzini, Nasri & Balbuena in for Masuaku/Ogbonna, Diangana and Carroll

Fabianski; Fredericks Balbuena Diop Cresswell; Rice Noble; Antonio Lanzini Anderson; Arnie

Adrian, Zabaleta, Ogbonna, Obiang, Snodgrass, Nasri, Hernandez
  • Wonder what Snodgrass is like in a double pivot

He's been one of our most consistent performers this season when he's been deployed down the middle
  • edited February 2019
    We're no longer top of the injury league table ;wahoo
  • We're no longer top of the injury league table ;wahoo

Pellegrini out