World Cup KO: En-ger-land, En-ger-land, En-ger-land (was 'Group G')

Comments

• Dendoncker looks decidedly average.
  • edited June 2018
    Sorry I know both teams are thru but IMO the WC & fans deserve better...
    Those line-ups for me are a bit of a joke...
  • Jay ;ok
    Dross,
    Can’t get into this
    Water tomato plants
  • edited June 2018
    Great we lose this
    And lose the next one
    what a shambles
  • Step it up
  • Best moment of the game so far!!

• And we nearly bought him ;whistle
  • What did that prove apart from their reserves are better than ours and our defence is extremely suspect and our goalkeeper is even more suspect. How many times did he punch it straight back into the six yard box. Had my doubts about him after his performance against us last game of the season.
  • Not overly great but perhaps no surprise
  • Only 4 times in 20 World Cups have a team one every game in the World Cup. Therefore/thus/hence/ergo, we have a better chance of winning the World Cup, compared to Belgium. ;biggrin
  • Personally think Southgate isn't too upset, I mean Harry Kane or Danny Welbeck to come on and score ;hmm ;lol
  • We weren’t fussed. Which will look an inspired move when we go out to Columbia.
  • What's the point of Ryan Giggs?
  • Oh, didn’t you know? He played for Manchester United, ;biggrin
  • And that great World Cup nation...
  • Ok... Now we have to justify that by beating a potentially Hames-less Columbia and one of Sweden/Switzerland to get to a semi-final. If so, then we'll have the momentum and confidence to face the likes of Spain.

That scenario would never have happened if the draw was made after every round rather than teams potentially mapping out a route and engineering accordingly if theres a capacity to.

Both teams have essentially has a rest that the other nations werent afforded. That doesnt particularly sit well with me but I do believe 100%, in the same circumstances, every other team wouldve rested their most important players too. The Germans for example would've probably justified it on their way to the trophy. It's not typically English but as said above, now we have to justify what was done by going deep into the tournament. Very deep...
  • reasons to be cheerful part 4 by G.Nev - ;ok
    plus what he forgot to add - I have to go to parish council meeting Monday night and now I can watch England on tuesday ;biggrin
  • I didn't want to face Colombia. However, I think that we have enough to beat them if our defence and goalkeeper play well ie better than tonight.
  • calling a croatia vs england semi now :)
  • End of the day we are gonna have to face at least one of the best teams on paper regardless

Personally i think you just take it 1 game at a time and i think Japan is a much much easier game than columbia so im disappointed we didnt go for it more

Also surely we'd like to go up agaisnt the 'better' teams esepcially as none if them are really firing atm so nows the best time to knock em out
  • Ahhhhhhhhh smug mode

England v Uruguay final
  • Overall that was a pretty poor advert for the game, understandable, yes, but pretty poor nonetheless.

I am somewhat surprised at the lack of passion, these were “fringe” players who really should have given everything, what did they have to lose?.

I am also mad at myself, I did everything possible to avoid the result during the day and on passing someone who I barely know, he said, “well England won”.... I pulled a face and he said “oh come on you know the result” I replied that truly I didn’t and walked off in bit of a huff, I actually heard him say after me that he was kidding.

It was not until the 83rd minute that I began to realize that he was kidding after all..

;doh ;weep
  • Gareth Southgate denies England are playing to lose after media obtains team sheet:

36327363_916041898580254_3124543365870256128_n
  • The pint of warm lager only got in because Carlton Palmer had a slight knock
  • Think Hart might struggle to get into that X1. ;hmm
  • Lawro has predicted a 2-0 England win against Columbia , better keep your bags packed lads your coming home lol
  • Cuz, how old is she? I might be interested. ;biggrin
  • She’s 57 years old...Punctuation was never my strong suit.
  • Knowing my luck her maiden name would be Warnock and be related to Neil. ;lol