World Cup KO: En-ger-land, En-ger-land, En-ger-land (was 'Group G')

Comments

• He's a good looking feller, is Colin.

warnocksm

Real Madrid won the European Cup.
    Burnley qualified for Europe.
    Man City won their league.
    Chelsea finished 5th.
    England won the World Cup.

Real Madrid won the Champions League.
    Chelsea finished 5th.
    England ???

Real Madrid won the European Cup.
    Chelsea finished 5th.
    England won the World Cup.

Real Madrid won the Champions League.
    Chelsea finished 5th.
    England ???

This went around the office, Man City didn't win the league in 66.
  • Won "their" league, Division 2.
  • IronHerb said:

Won "their" league, Division 2.

If true
    ;wahoo
  • edited June 2018

He's a good looking feller, is Colin.

warnocksm

Just in case, thought I would repeat
  • It's true image ;ok
  • Thread title tweaked: use this for the remaining England match(es). If you want to talk about other matches, please join like-minded people over there http://www.whu606.com/discussion/10603/world-cup-last-16-and-onwards-excluding-england-matches#latest
  • It’s great on here
    E2D3FBD8-739D-4896-8E43-91F37FB8645A

• imagelost said:

He's a good looking feller, is Colin.

warnocksm

Just in case, thought I would repeat
    And herb
  • edited July 2018
    England will never have a better chance to reach a World Cup Final
  • Spain out.

England will never have a better chance to reach a World Cup Final.
  • Erm. Croatia anyone?
  • ITS COMING HOME
  • Croatia have Modric, Rakitic and an over all decent midfield. However, they have Lovren at the back (and not much up front). Anyone fancy Kane against him? Before their showing at the world cup, did anyone really fear them? Man for man I'd fancy us against them. Columbia are dangerous and potentially our toughest game in our half.

If we can continue to grow/gel, we have plenty of good players and a good deal of them are used to playing with each other too. We have the potential to get progressively better and more confident.

We'll have to be at a high standard to beat Columbia. Sweden/Switz are dour in comparison but will also be tough to beat and now we have the most technical side out in our half of the draw (I think if Croatia played Spain, they'd be more open/attacking and would've made it easier for Spain. Russia worked hard for a fluke result but they did us a favour)

We obviously still have to beat the teams in front of us, but I feel even more justified for wanting us to lose to Belgium. The top half team who get to the final will have to come through some massive games and still have enough in the tank to take on the lower half team.

On paper, we do have and opportunity that nobody really could've foreseen a short time ago. I had hope England would put on a decent showing. The expectancy levels will be rising all the time.

I dont fear anyone in our half. If we were in the top half, Id certainly fear France (even before they beat Argentina) because of their array of players and likelihood even if they didnt do well in terms of geling as a team that their individuals could still carry them forward. Belgium and Brazil also have great squads There will be some epic battles that I'm glad we have avoided...
  • I fear for England every time they play.and this team is not easy to like ,yet alone love
  • Fancy get to final and listen to spuds claiming the win, what team would do that ;whistle
  • steve said:

I fear for England every time they play.and this team is not easy to like ,yet alone love

Really? Why?

I’ve found most people feel the opposite, I certainly do. The most likeable, united England team in long while.
  • Outcast, not really sure just cant get behind them .they all seem to love themselves so much .perhaps theres to many Spurs,Man u ,players around .and southgate does nothing for me .just the way I feel
  • Russia are only the second team to score multiple own goals in a World Cup.

The first? Bulgaria.

In 1966.

It’s coming home.....
  • Colombia is the big test. A massive step up, playing against an organised, technically strong South American team. Who, naturally, will use all the dark arts to gain advantage. If England get past them, I will allow myself to dream. I think European Finals in two years will be the moment, but this team has already played some excellent football and has a positive approach, so I'm happy.
  • So Southgate has said we control our own destiny.Dont really get that as Colombia could say the same ;whistle
  • steve said:

So Southgate has said we control our own destiny.

Did he really say that?? In which case, given that it is a straight knock out from here on in, isn’t that stating the obvious? ;hmm
  • I never wanna feel the nerves b4 a game & I tell myself it's only a football match, but I can't help it.... ;pray ;scarveng
  • We’re in the last 9!!

• Phil Neville calling players disgraceful.

That's gotta hurt. ;doh
  • edited July 2018
    He has also called Xhaka “fake” - he probably feels bad enough going out of the World Cup, but to have that sort of comment levelled at you by Phil Neville of all people - ;lol
  • Ended today’s training course at 4pm instead of 5pm to give my delegates time to get home for the game.

Nice ain’t I?

Nothing at all to do with me wanting to get home with time to spare.... ;whistle
  • GNev and Lee Dixon in the studio which means Glenn Twaddle is on com’s ;weep