The 'Couldn't think where to put this' thread part 2 or 'does my comment merit a NEW THREAD?'

Comments

• Lanzini hasn’t played this year so I’m not including him, but each of the others were considered
  • Spoil sport
  • edited February 2019
    Would hate to see Zaha playing for us, regardless how good or not he is, just a big FAT no on that 1!, But guess he fits in the best of the rest....
  • The mention of Wilson made me check back on B'mouth this year - how can they beat Chelski 4-0 on the Wednesday and then lose 0-2 at Cardiff on the Saturday? ;hmm
  • That's rich, Mr. "lose 4-2 against Wimbledon and draw 1-1 against Liverpool"!
  • The question is would that squad get into the top 4?
  • But we beat Wimbledon 3-1 in the first leg so it ended 5-5 on aggregate. We win on away goals. ;biggrin
  • From KUMB:

Reece sees red as Augsburg falter.

Oxford, who returned to Germany at the end of the January transfer window has started the last three games for die Fuggerstädter - all of which have ended in defeat.

die Fuggerstädter = the Fugger townspeople

So don't ever complain about all the Wet Spam, Wet Sham etc. names the Spuds et al call us.

;biggrin
  • Its a tenuous link (nein nein nein for three Oxford losses) but was on a youtube trip down memory lane (80's club tunes) and this came up...

• edited February 2019

die Fuggerstädter = the Fugger townspeople

So don't ever complain about all the Wet Spam, Wet Sham etc. names the Spuds et al call us.

;biggrin

The Fugger Family were an extremely rich family in medieval times, known for bankrolling the Emperor Charles V and for having an entire gated quarter built in Augsburg for poor people. (Fuggerei) To this day, if you are from Augsburg, catholic and of excellent reputation you can apply to rent one of these flats (60sqm) for a yearly rent of what would be something like 60p (yes, it really IS that low).

You are, however, required to pray a certain amount of Ave Marias, Lord's prayers etc every day for the sake of the founder.
  • Image-1

So a simple one, can any of u guess who this is...??

My brother sent it to me, and I didn't get the right answer!!... ;doh
  • Don't know who that is, but here's something about "the tunnel club"

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/aug/23/manchester-city-tunnel-club
  • He is an ex player of ours in the 80's, one of my favourites!
  • The Tunnel Club used to be a comedy venue at the top end of the Greenwich peninsula.

Is it Jo Brand?
  • Wardy, isn't it? ;hmm
  • IMG_0894

OCS You deserve a ;clap
  • I was Mark Ward on the playground...

;footie
  • edited March 2019
    Another Mark, Mark Hollis the man behind Talk Talk, born in Tottenham, sadly died Sunday 24th February, aged 64.

Quotes:
    "Before you play two notes, learn how to play one note. And don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it."
    "The silence is above everything, and I would rather hear one note than I would two, and I would rather hear silence than I would one note."

In 1982, he cited his greatest influences as Burt Bacharach and William Burroughs.

If you've never heard of him, here's a sample:

Incredibly beautiful music.

The lyrics:
    Verse 1:
    Weapons at my feet
    Some kind of living
    Weapons at my feet
    Some kind of living

Verse 2:
    Beggar sits to plead
    Some kind of giving
    Beggar sits to plead
    Some kind of giving
  • Bazshuayi said:

Hamstew said:

Bazshuayi said:

No place for Bats? ;weep

It's for Best players not overrated ;sofa
    How very dare you!!

(bet Bats scores more points from now til the end of the season than Lanzini will....)
    Since Lanzinis return...

Lanzini Goals 0 Assists 0
    B ;weep tshuayi Goals 1 Assists 0

One bet I'd be more than happy to lose

• IMG_20190303_165004

Claret does suit him
  • Err...what?

Are they actually Lazio fans? Is it because of Di Canio?
  • Adam said:

Err...what?

Are they actually Lazio fans? Is it because of Di Canio?

That’s what I wondered? How are we linked the them?

;lol they even did the ‘united’ bit!
  • Through the Ultras and ICF. ;nonono
  • ‘Demonstrating the cool-headed pragmatism that has endeared them to the footballing public, the Liverpool faithful demanded Roy’s replacement be an exciting young manager befitting the club’s stature’. ;lol
  • Lazio and ;ravel

• For those saying a few weeks ago that we have nothing left to play for this season ....... there is still a possibility of 7th or even 8th being good enough for a place in the Europa League.
  • I am looking forward to the remainder of the season and with a clear purpose, to finish 7th. That is within reach and will very much keep the interest going. After a change of manager and playing style, new players and our very poor start plus the injuries to key players I will consider that a succesful season.
  • I think the link with Lazio is Anderson
This discussion has been closed.