The 'Couldn't think where to put this' thread part 2 or 'does my comment merit a NEW THREAD?'

Comments

• Ham, he was a famous old comedian who had several catchphrases e.g "Hello playmates!"
    Arthur Askew.
    Do I get a prize?

:yercoat:
    Ooh, an overcoat - how nice! :biggrin:
  • Type it into Google then come back to me. In advance you're welcome.
  • askew. adj. Slanting, off centre, not properly lined up.

You're welcome . :biggrin:
  • No no no. Type it into Google!
  • Ham, do you mean this? Why didn't you say so? :biggrin:

https://elgoog.im/tilt/
  • Now type "do a barrel roll"
  • Ham, I did that and it made me throw up - Thanks a bunch. :biggrin:

• T'was Arthur Askey, not Askew.
  • carsonroadboy
    You're joking right?
  • Posted while I had pointed the site to the wrong database...

Javier has got married and his wife is expecting a baby. :clap:

• Radio 4's puzzle of the day. Don't waste too much time thinking about it!

The West Ham football kit manager has 11 pairs of claret coloured socks and 11 pairs of blue coloured socks. Unfortunately, the light bulb has fused in the kit room so he has to pick the socks in the dark! How many socks does he need to take to make sure he has any matching pair for the club captain Mark Noble?
  • At a guess 3.
  • Whitehorse, I don`t know, but I know where you can buy a spare light bulb........
  • Take the bulb out of the away dressing room simples
  • Radio 4 answer. #PuzzleForToday has been set by Bobby Seagull, school Maths teacher from a suggestion by Johnny Ball, the legendary Maths TV presenter of "Think of a Number"
    He would only need to remove 3 socks to be sure to have a matching pair. However if you wanted to guarantee a particular colour, say blue, he would need to take 13 to guarantee a pair.
  • Whitehorse, I think you mean 24 as there are 22 claret socks and 22 blue socks.
    If you wanted a pair of blue socks you might be unlucky enough to pick up 22 claret ones but then the next pair must be blue.
  • yeah I don't get the 13.
  • I loved the last one of the ref looking out of his bedroom window - top draw :clap:
  • edited April 2019
    Also the speech bubble "You are betraying the will of some people" :clap:
  • Bubbles/Yeold. Good point on the numbers, can I suggest you write to Bobby Seagull or Radio 4!
  • edited April 2019
    Whitehorse

You posted this:
    Radio 4's puzzle of the day. Don't waste too much time thinking about it!
    The West Ham football kit manager has 11 pairs of claret coloured socks and 11 pairs of blue coloured socks.

and this:
    However if you wanted to guarantee a particular colour, say blue, he would need to take 13 to guarantee a pair.

It's right there in the first post - pairs. Your answer was based on single socks. :biggrin:
  • Correct Bubbles, but please don't shoot the messenger, I simply copied and pasted from the Radio 4 website both the question and the answer. Who would have thought The Today programme could get something wrong.
  • A second runway at Gatwick was rejected in favour of Heathrow expansion because extra traffic on the M25 would threaten orchids on a nearby escarpment.

Gatwick sent consultants to the site to search for the orchids in July 2017 but none could be found.

It was concluded that rabbits or cows may have eaten them. :biggrin:
  • Just saw this on twitter.
    Don’t know why people think kids learning about gay relationships in school will turn them gay. I learned about World War Two, but am yet to invade Poland.
    :lol:
  • It's 3pm and I have yet to be handed a gin & tonic.

Being back at work sucks.

Thought you should know.
  • edited April 2019

It's 3pm and I have yet to be handed a gin & tonic.

Being back at work sucks.

Thought you should know.

Oh Suze you poor bunny, Mrs E and I have just finished our second poolside G&T

:biggrin:
  • Expat, anywhere nice? :biggrin:
This discussion has been closed.