The 'Couldn't think where to put this' thread part 2 or 'does my comment merit a NEW THREAD?'

Comments

• edited April 2019
    Hong Kong, and only one more day left :weep:
  • Danny Drinkwater charged with drink-driving after crash

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-47864761

Cue sub-editor frenzy.
  • Oh come on Grey, he doesn't play for West Ham so he'll be forgiven and praised.

:whistle:
  • Expat

:ok:

I was thinking more of the headline puns available.

• I'll start it off:

Danny (should've) Drankwater

:biggrin: :yercoat:
  • Drink More Water
  • Didn't Drinkwater.
  • (After he's sacked) Danny Drunkwaiter :yercoat:
  • Danny Drunkdriver
  • CAN HE DRINKWATER ?
  • He sings songs that remind him of the good times,
    He sings songs that remind him of just being named among the substitutes.
  • edited April 2019
    Julian Assange has been arrested after the Ecuadorean embassy withdrew the asylum status they'd given him and invited the Met to take him away.

After seven years they'd had enough of him leaving the toilet seat up, leaving wet towels on the bathroom floor after he’s had a shower, leaving dishes in the sink instead of doing the washing up when its his turn and eating the hummus that was in the fridge clearly labelled Ecuador’s.

He's been hiding there for seven years claiming that if he came out he'd be extradited to the USA, he's going to look rather silly if they don't...
  • Apparently the charge he faces in the States only carries a five year maximum tariff. He would have been better off just accepting the extradition, he'd be out now. :lol:
  • If he had pleaded guilty to the sexual molestation charges in Sweden he'd have paid a fine and none of this would have happened.

What a hero...
  • There is something a little creepy about Assange. I don`t like to judge people, but I wouldn`t buy a second hand car from him.
  • Or leave my other half alone in a room with him...

(allegedly)
  • This 'other half' would be quite happy to be left alone in a room with him...

Would make a 5 year stretch a lot more attractive.

(allegedly)
  • edited April 2019
    What are the issues that caused the club to issue an official statement tonight.
    Answered my own question, just seen the issue on sky
  • West Ham v Reading Ladies semi final BBC (red button) 12.30 today
  • edited April 2019
    If you've not discovered them already can I heartily recommend Ladybirds for Grown Ups. These make perfect toilet books as it takes as much time to read them as it does to take your ease.

Today I was reading “The Ladybird book of the Do-Gooder”.

“Sponsored Talk Like a Pirate Day has gone down very badly at The Samaritans.”

Just as well I was sat on the toilet...
  • Thank you for that image Aslef :doh:
  • an image forever "seated" in my memory :doh:
  • West Ham Ladies are in the FA Cup final.
  • Just watched it. Clearly the underdog but battling performance to win on pens.
  • They got the rub of the green on a couple of penalty decisions. ;)
  • Notre Dame burns down. I'm more angry than sad, so many old buildings undergoing "restoration" or "improvements" have suffered fires, its pure negligence and complacency.
  • Notre Dame is certainly a saddening event, I agree that it is probably negligence and complacency and thus it should have been avoided.

It is an even sadder sign of the times however, that I take some comfort that the fire was not the direct result of malicious intent.

I work for a French company and have been lucky enough to travel to Paris a number of times, it is truly a beautiful city.

The images were quite shocking to see
This discussion has been closed.