The 'Couldn't think where to put this' thread part 2 or 'does my comment merit a NEW THREAD?'

Comments

• White Hart Lane station is owned by Network Rail.
  • I leave England for 10 years and the country goes down the pan... ;hmm
  • Agent Ham, hard at work.

ham at work
  • Oi! You said that pic was for your own personal use ;angry
  • Ham - caught in the act! ;biggrin
  • With Hudson-Odoi and Rice joining Sancho in the England squad, is it just me thats feeling a bit old ;hmm

hudsricejad
  • Bazshuayi said:

With Hudson-Odoi and Rice joining Sancho in the England squad, is it just me thats feeling a bit old ;hmm

hudsricejad

I felt old when Rio was called up.

• Slacker

I suspect it hit a lot of us when Frank Lampard Jnr started playing for us...
  • Grey ;ok

It's an odd feeling watching the child of a player you saw play for us regularly run out for the senior team.

I saw both Steve and Dan Potts debut's ;puzzled
  • I just read that Matt Taylor has announced his retirement at the end of the season.

Good luck to him. (He's doing his coaching badges.)
  • https://www.claretandhugh.info/west-ham-need-to-plug-hole-in-their-finances/

Article suggests we’re currently in a bit of a pickle, financially. ;hmm
  • I see that as a possible intentional leak to justify the price rises.
  • edited March 2019
    Or to justify a quiet summer of transfer activity. This report could support the rumours of a much-reduced budget.

I can't see where this has come from if not from senior figures at the club (unless it's entirely made up ;hmm ). C&H have long been reported to be one of Sullivan's mouthpieces so it's conceivable that this has come from him as a way to manage fans' expectations during the close season.
  • Well, it's not really a leak. It's pointing out a number of blatantly obvious things in the accounts, which are already in the public domain.

It also refers to potential penalties under FFP. Again, we all know about that.

And it says losses could be up. Again, not really anything we couldn't have worked out ourselves, given that we know we signed a bunch of players and our wage bill will have gone up correspondingly.

Only 'inside' info I can see there is range of figures given for the possible loss: £25m -£30m by May, with a further increase of £10m after another season if everything continues as it is.

Which it won't. As we know. Because some players are out of contract.

#emperorsnotwearinganyclothes
  • I reckon that in the international break, they are desperate for new content. So they've had a shufti at the accounts and written a speculative piece with a click-bait headline.
  • I don't think C&H are that clever.
  • Grey ;ok

It's an odd feeling watching the child of a player you saw play for us regularly run out for the senior team.

There’s that lovely story when Billy Bonds was coming back from injury and turned out for the reserves.Apparently there was a kid playing for the opposition and he turned to Bill during the match and said something like:”Hello Mr Bonds,my dad sends his regards”.
    Can’t remember the players concerned.
    Anyone throw any light?

• Slacker said:

Grey ;ok

There’s that lovely story when Billy Bonds was coming back from injury and turned out for the reserves.Apparently there was a kid playing for the opposition and he turned to Bill during the match and said something like:”Hello Mr Bonds,my dad sends his regards”.
    Can’t remember the players concerned.
    Anyone throw any light?

Actually,the old memory’s playing tricks.Was it Teddy Sheringham and not our Bill?
    Asking for and old friend........
  • edited March 2019
    yeold, your comment about CL qualification has been moved to the relevant thraed:http://www.whu606.com/discussion/10843/champions-league-qf-draw-and-predictions-for-final
  • Devonshire ;wahoo

Robson ;wahoo

Lampard ;wahoo

I'm watching The Big Match Revisited. March 25th, 1979, West Ham v Newcastle.

One sub.

The pitch is 50% mud.

Moustaches everywhere.

McDowell ( ;wahoo) makes it 4 as I type.

Brooking down injured ;sofa Hope it's not serious.
  • Phil Parkes. No gloves. Just a glorious mane of hair.
  • Had no idea Big Ben dials was blue, results of the resto work, looks very nice I think...

• News is emerging that one of those murdered in the mosque attacks here in Christchurch , Tariq Omar was an avid hammers fan.

RIP Tariq
  • Had no idea Big Ben dials was blue, results of the resto work, looks very nice I think...

Lincoln University took samples of the layers of paint that had accumulated over the years. They found that it was blue until the 1930s when someone decided to paint it black and after that it was repainted black because everyone assumed that was what it always was.
  • edited March 2019
    City fans produce a spoof Daily Fail.

• The press in this country (in the main) really are an appalling bunch of complete morally deficient hacks. Making a living by lying, scaremongering and inciting hatred.

Most football pundits aren’t much better either. A Bournemouth English player handles the ball into the net he is ‘clever’ but a Mexican West Ham player doing the same thing is a cheat. Harry Kane commits no fouls or anything likely to earn a yellow card let alone a red and Paul Pogba should get jail time.

Pft..

• Has anyone ever typed "Askew" into google
This discussion has been closed.