Smash Those Potters - Stoke (A) Match Thread 16.12.17 3pm

Comments

• Penalty ;lol

;biggrin
  • Just watched it on Goals on Sunday, and David Wagner the Huddersfield manager said it was a definite penalty all day long, so I'll take his professional opinion over yous' lot of amateurs ;lol
  • Is it wrong of me not to care?
  • No, not at all, except that really do care, care that it went in

COYI
  • Top bloke that Wagner

Out of respect I think we should only beat them 1-0 when we next play them.
  • Pieters didn't make a challenge though, you seem him bring back his leg.

He still goes through into Lanzini though, there is still significant contact but Manu is already on the way down when it happens.
    disagree, Lanzini goes into him, he purposely clips Pieters knee to make sure there is contact. Pieters doesn't go through him at all if he did Lanzini would have been wiped out.
    Look again. Pieters is in motion when they come together so he never managed to pull out, even though he may have been attempting it. Also his reaction to get up and wave the imaginary yellow almost before the ref blows is a tell.
  • I was unable to watch the game yesterday so caught highlights this morning, after three viewings I think it was a penalty.

From one angle I initially thought it was a dive, however another view which was more in line with the refs, made me think that what caught the refs eye is the height of Peiters leg, his thigh is so far off the ground that I think that the intent to impede is clear.

There is enough of a grey area to give me hope that he may escape sanction, but in truth i would have been angry if such a penalty had been given against us.
  • He stops before he even gets to Lanzini, Lanzini purposely hits him by pulling right into his knee. He did pull out otherwise his leg would be extended to reach for the ball. Thats why his knee has been pulled back to his chest. I find it hard to believe that you can view that any other way.
  • He never stops. He slides through and then stands in one motion. I agree he pulled his leg back but that alone doesn't stop it being a penalty.
  • I just watched my recording of Motd and I think it is a dive. But like I said yesterday, I think that if Lanzini wants Christmas off then I'd rather he got banned for winning us a pen than getting sent off.

And to all of you who complain about Stoke's treatment of Arnie - have you forgotten Frank Lampard? He got abused every time he visited UP. Our fans are obviously no differrent.
  • IMO clear as day dive. Similar to what Vardy does (he did so vs WHU); he premeditates the defender starting to engage and then deliberately breaks off his stride pattern and natural movement to slow down to then generate the contact himself which is unquestionably conning. Only way to stop cheating and diving is to issue retrospective bans but the strategy issued out by the F.A/P.L is inadequate. As much as we dont want it, lanzini should be banned as should Ayew have been vs Leiecester for his attempted con.
  • It's a penalty as clear as day is day,
    Lanzini is one of ours and we just don't do that sort of thing, so there

#fact

#end of

COYI
  • I just watched my recording of Motd and I think it is a dive. But like I said yesterday, I think that if Lanzini wants Christmas off then I'd rather he got banned for winning us a pen than getting sent off.

And to all of you who complain about Stoke's treatment of Arnie - have you forgotten Frank Lampard? He got abused every time he visited UP. Our fans are obviously no differrent.

I was thinking the same thing when watching, recalling all the times our supporters abused Lampard and how many times he scored. We are all the same if we got that abuse we would be desperate to shove it down their throats by scoring. Psychologically it would be far more effective to give a round of applause, but failing that just keep quiet.

The other thing is we all know despite Arnie's crossed arms he has no more connection to our club than he did Stoke so will do exactly the same to us if a better offer comes in, and that is perfectly fine as he is a professional footballer not a supporter.

We have one supporter in our first team and that is Noble, we have in Adrian I sense another, not by birth but adoption, and we have in Ginge someone who would die for whoever he was playing for that day and deserves the same respect. The others are simply employees I feel and that is no means a disrespect or criticism.
  • West Ham fans ?
  • edited December 2017
    That’s the refs problem
    Lanzini made the right decision, he got us penalty, we on to win.
    On the orthet side of the coin
    He stayed on his feet , then chopped down reff gives nothing , he goes off injuring his knee for 6 months, we go down and you all live happy ever after ;cheers
  • It was a penalty. He clearly impeded Lanzini even if he tried to pull out. He stopped lanzini going in the direction he wanted and did not touch Lanzini but only because Lanzini had to avoid him and therefore it is a clear foul.
  • I forgot to add. Yesterday’s result is extra satisfying as I have always disliked Stoke as a team as they are always horrible on the eye and I never liked Mark Hughes.
    Marco you are a hero to me your display and your passion was some of the best I have seen in a West Ham shirt for years!!
  • In THAT case Arthur fouled their player because he blocked him from going the way he wanted.
  • The will to win
    ;whistle
  • Dive or not, who cares... It was against Stoke and it made Mark Hughes's day a little worse ;biggrin
  • Hughes called Arnie an Ungrateful bleeper apparently. Bit rich given he was booed for the whole game. Handled himself well.
  • Well done the positives ;clap
  • edited December 2017
    Mc, the bleep machine was in action twice. For an adjective AND a noun, before and after the word ungrateful.

No class.
  • Hopefully his last words as a prem boss!
  • It was a penalty, check the result.
    3-0 FT
    HT 0-1
    Noble (19' minutes pen), Arnautovic (75' minutes), Sakho (86' minutes)
  • Cant stand Hughes! Like I needed another reason
  • edited December 2017
    Only Ginge made it to Crooks' team ;hmm
  • Just to remind anyone Spurs lost aswell ;lol
This discussion has been closed.