Board/Fan Relationship

Comments

• I think it's the gold hammers I'm not crazy about. Seems better when they are blue or white
  • So are a few others. If it said East London it would probably feel more tribal in some people's eyes.
    I'd prefer it without anything other than the crossed hammers. That's just my feeling mind, I'm open to suggestions ;ok
  • But we’ve always had crossed hammers.
  • edited February 2018
    I think he's saying he wants crossed hammers? ;hmm
  • Suz
    Sorry if not clear
    I just prefer the crossed hammers on their own.

• Really? Wow honestly I’m surprised at that, wonder if it’s just an Admin oversight?

Dunno. I don't think so because I know one other person from here who applied on the same day and was allowed in.

Also, as an admin you have to either click accept or decline, you can't just dismiss it with no action. So one or the other decision was made, otherwise the request would still be visible to them.

Maybe it was something on my FB profile that didn't meet their (secret) criteria.
  • MrsGrey said:

Really? Wow honestly I’m surprised at that, wonder if it’s just an Admin oversight?

Dunno. I don't think so because I know one other person from here who applied on the same day and was allowed in.

Also, as an admin you have to either click accept or decline, you can't just dismiss it with no action. So one or the other decision was made, otherwise the request would still be visible to them.

Maybe it was something on my FB profile that didn't meet their (secret) criteria.
  • So are a few others. If it said East London it would probably feel more tribal in some people's eyes.

Surely it should be "East, East, East London"?

According to the blurb putting London on the badge would "establish the club firmly on the international stage and reinforce our European ambitions". Maybe the board felt that despite our history not enough people outside the UK knew who West Ham were or where West Ham was
  • pressure and action good good :)
  • Seems reasonable.
  • A lot of the things she/the club is supposedly 'committing' to do were things that should have been sorted before we moved - re memorabilia/museums/Memorial area/branding etc. Note that there are no dates for action.
    The big thing is that she is finally admitting that the seats were never going to be near the pitch, despite what we were told at the time by Gold, and by various media presentations.
  • Well, I've just read it and I there ARE some dates for action, actually.

• hopefully the group keep the pressure up.
  • Yes you are correct - we are going to get some flags for the Burnley game. ;ok
  • edited February 2018
    In addition (for anyone who hasn't read it) there are dates/timescales put on

1. Consultation on events to commemorate 125years
    2. Wider consultation on the evolution of the badge design
    3. Consultation on a commemorative crest for use during anniversary season
    4. Expanding ex-Boleyn stewards in senior role from 2 to 4
  • re the seating from what I read they gave the information based on what the stadium operators gave them before the move , obviously the firm doing the retractable seating went bust and the operators went for a cheaper option at the time. I'm glad they are getting involved with the fans and hopefully we can get some positive outcomes.
  • hopefully the group keep the pressure up.

I think they need to, at present nothing concrete has happened, the board have offered "commitments" and future promises.

It is only via militant action, or the threat of militant action, that any positive change will occur.

Nothing is ever willingly given from above, all progress is fought for from below.

Without the RWHFAG I`m pretty sure messrs Gold, Sullivan and Brady would have bumbled along quite contentedly.
  • The 'commitments' that Mrs Grey refers in her points 1-3 to are to 'consult' (whatever that means)on the badge/crest , and not until 2020 - I can hear a can being kicked down the road. (we could be in the Champo by then !).
    I couldnt find the piece that talks about promoting another 2 of our stewards ??
    The letter is a very good PR piece( for a change), going into great detail about things the club were probably looking to do anyway, and relatively low cost items that the Representatives have pressed them on.
    The seating issue gets a " not our fault guvnor" response, which raises other questions IMO.
    The other issues, like club communication/investment/transfer activity/newspaper columns have not been addressed again at all, but to be fair, the Reps group probably went for the 'low hanging fruit', as they saw it.
    KB can say to the media - we listened, and note that her insistence in the letter - that the upcoming march was not "anti Board" comes out of nowhere, but it is still there in black and white, for media consumption.
  • Well, the thing about the board - the letter claims it was said by the reps during the mtg.

If it wasn't, then someone can call her out on it - there were enough of them there. If they don't call her out on it, I am happy to accept that her comment reflects the truth.

• edited February 2018

The 'commitments' that Mrs Grey refers in her points 1-3 to are to 'consult' (whatever that means)on the badge/crest , and not until 2020 - I can hear a can being kicked down the road. (we could be in the Champo by then !).

Well, you are misrepresenting it somewhat.

The consultations are for things to take place in and after the 2019/20 season (ie the season after next).

I suppose they could get cracking on the consultation immediately, but I don't think it unreasonable to schedule that process for the summer preceding, and use the intervening time to do things that are a bit more urgent.

So we shall hold different opinions on whether or not the timescale is a reasonable one.

But presumably you now acknowledge that there ARE dates attached to some of the commitments, despite your earlier claim that there were none?

• I couldnt find the piece that talks about promoting another 2 of our stewards ??

Pg 8 point 4.
  • Mrs Grey
    There was 1 date you are correct - flags for the Burnley game. The rest are timescales.
    We'll see what happens if we all live that long. ;ok
  • So what they doing with the flags? Parading them or are they a permanent thing?
  • edited February 2018
    Some waffle, gone through the lawyers which explains some of the wording and then through PR will accounts for the positive projection but to be expected in an official statement.

But at least they have responded and we have black and white something to judge against.

I would be interested, anyone in the know did they miss anything off the letter that was discussed in the meeting?

The seating remains a bit unclear as they say everything was done the first time round to make it as close to the pitch as possible but they now say they will review again. So a bit contradictory.

By and large I watch with interest.
  • edited February 2018
    Hamstew said:

So what they doing with the flags? Parading them or are they a permanent thing?

Flags depicting the 16 'core crests' (? previous club badges) to be displayed before every home fixture and again at half time. DateTimescale - with immediate effect and for the foreseeable future.

This is one of the things agreed to to meet the 'there should be more stuff reflecting our history and heritage' demand.
  • Yeah I was just wondering how they are going to do this. So on the pitch or in stadium?
  • If it's before and at half time, I'm thinking on the pitch.
  • re the seating from what I read they gave the information based on what the stadium operators gave them before the move , obviously the firm doing the retractable seating went bust and the operators went for a cheaper option at the time.

Not quite, according to the Moore Stephen report pages 128 - 131 a tender for retractable or relocatable seating went out in September 2013 with a budget of £28m but only two bids were placed, Alto's scheme at £16m and ESG's at £17m. For various reasons listed in the report the contract was awarded to Alto who then went bust in October 2015.

https://www.london.gov.uk/sites/default/files/olympic-stadium-review.pdf