Board/Fan Relationship

Comments

• Not sure why people insist on seeing it in confrontational terms.

Well, given that Andy Swallow is (or was until a few years ago) a leading football thug, I suppose it's his ethos.
  • Concerned about negative publicity?

That would be a first, then.

Seriously, what do you imagine the impact will be on them? Because I think it will be zero.

They don't have shareholders to answer to. They can do what they like.

Do you honestly think a few thousand (or tens of thousands for that matter) of fans marching and chanting 'sack the board' is going to have any impact on Diddy Dee's sense of self-esteem?
  • edited February 2018
    Or that if they do sack the board (which isn't possible) we aren't still going to be playing at the OS.

I appreciate that lots of people involved in this coalition are actually trying to bring about genuine improvements in the match day experience, but some (and I number a lot of the RWHF folks in that group) come across as having a very different aim.

While they might have no objection to better stewarding or more flags, from interviews and other stuff I've read they come across as more interested in 'punishing' the board for leaving the Boleyn (and for being who they are, too - there's a strong whiff of personal animosity about a some of it). My opinion, based on what I've seen them say.
  • Concerned about negative publicity?

That would be a first, then.

Seriously, what do you imagine the impact will be on them? Because I think it will be zero.

They don't have shareholders to answer to. They can do what they like.

Do you honestly think a few thousand (or tens of thousands for that matter) of fans marching and chanting 'sack the board' is going to have any impact on Diddy Dee's sense of self-esteem?

Possibly yep, they hate bad publicity, they left BCFC because they were no longer liked/adored (not that I think they’re going anywhere soon)

It’s about “change” for the good of the club
  • they left BCFC because they were no longer liked/adored
    I'd say that comes under 'opinion' rather than 'fact'.
  • Might be because they were offered 85 million quid?
  • See, there's a contradictory opinion right there ;biggrin
  • Considering they put out the signings of Barton, Diouf and some bloke from abroad to the public vote on social media, I'd say they are very much influenced by opinion.
  • they left BCFC because they were no longer liked/adored
    I'd say that comes under 'opinion' rather than 'fact'.

I’d say it was a general quote from David Gold and he repeated it at WHUFC, - I’m not going to stay anywhere I’m not wanted, 86% wanted us gone, so we left.
  • Just think today of all days with that weather they’ve asked members of the action group to attend a meeting at short notice, if you were the kind to believe in conspiracies you’d think they would hope it was a no show by the group
  • Oops. Wrong tweet but Merry Christmas anyway. ;doh
  • try this_ -

DXImcMiXcAUI8gN.jpg-large
  • IronHerb said:

try this_ -

DXImcMiXcAUI8gN.jpg-large

That was painful to read.
  • I’m guessing because it’s not the most articulate of statements. It was fairly hard work to follow, imo
  • edited March 2018
    Why has it got to be articulate, as long as its understandable to most who want to read it.
    Andy Swallow makes no pretences to be a Nobel Laureate.
  • Not sure what the controversy is.

It wasn't very clearly written, so some people point out that it was hard to get through.

That's it.
  • It doesn't have to be articulate, nobody said it had to be.

It is understandable. But it took some effort to understand it - well, it did for me.

• edited March 2018
    At the end of the day, despite Andy Swallow and Nicky Morgan's literary shortcomings
    They've not done a bad job so far getting their message across ;ok
  • I'm not sure that anyone is saying / has said that they have done a poor job in that. Saying that the statement was difficult to read isn't the same as saying the guy is not good at what he does ;ok
  • Macca, You said "The media publicity on the march is not going to be good for the owners" I would say the media coverage will mostly be bad for the club, that is why I will not be joining it. The Media will have a field day with it in a negative way, which will reflect badly on WHU and in turn the supporters.
  • Who said there was controversy?

It certainly wasn’t “painful” to read, that just seems like a little bit of a cheap dig imo

Perhaps it wasn’t painful to me as I’m not the best writer either?

I did.

You didn't find it painful to read. And said so.

Someone else did, and said so.

Seems to me they are both statements of fact.

Not sure why you need to categorise it as a 'dig' never mind a 'cheap' one.
  • edited March 2018
    ;kanye

a lot of trivial stuff going on.

Pressure is on the board. Actions speak louder than Words.
  • IronHerb said:
    I nodded off at work, very quiet at the minute, glanced out of the window to a scene more wintery than a particularly bad winters day in Lapland in the middle of winter. Logged on here for a little light relief, and the first post I see is as above. Twilight Zone. May have panicked momentarily.

PRESENTS, HAVEN`T WRAPPED ME PRESENTS. WHOSE BUYING THE TURKEY, WAS I MEANT TO BUY THE TURKEY, I`VE BURNT THE TURKEY, I NEVER SAID I`D PUT UP THE TREE, WHERE DID I LEAVE MOTHER IN LAW............

Thanks. ;scary
  • edited March 2018
    You're welcome.

It certainly wasn’t “painful” to read, that just seems like a little bit of a cheap dig imo

Perhaps it wasn’t painful to me as I’m not the best writer either?

Glad you didn't find that painful to read I did. Guess what, I also have no problem with the owners of our club and others do.

It's amazing that we can all hold different views on stuff.

• I’m glad you don’t have a problem with the owners or the club, it’s actually a good thing that they’re keeping some people happy.

Perhaps I have a slightly higher pain threshold when it comes to reading.....and in also less likely to point out someone else’s literary skills