Board/Fan Relationship

Comments

• 11-20

Man U, Newcastle, Southampton, Swansea, Watford 25
    Stoke 21
    Spurs, WBA 20
  • But thing is West Ham are using kids also to get our numbers up...
  • 1. Antonio, Michail Gregory*
    2. Arnautovic, Marko
    3. Ayew, Andre Morgan Rami
    4. Byram, Samuel Mark*
    5. Carroll, Andrew Thomas*
    6. Collins, James Michael*
    7. Cresswell, Aaron*
    8. Fonte, Jose Miguel
    9. Hart, Charles Joseph John*
    10. Henry, Doneil Jor-Dee Ashley <--- gone
    11. Hernandez Balcazar, Javier
    12. Kouyate, Cheikhou
    13. Lanzini, Manuel
    14. Makasi, Kusu Moses* <--- making up numbers
    15. Masuaku Kawela, Fuka-Arthur
    16. Noble, Mark James*
    17. Obiang Avomo, Pedro Mba
    18. Ogbonna, Obinze Angelo
    19. Reid, Winston Wiremu
    20. Sakho, Diafra <--- gone
    21. San Miguel Del Castillo, Adrian
    22. Zabaleta Girod, Pablo Javier

Under-21 players (Contract and Scholars)

Adarkwa, Sean Jordan
    Akinola, Olatunji Oluwasehun
    Alese, Ajibola
    Barrett, Mason
    Belic, Kristijan
    Browne, Marcus Alexander
    Burke, Reece
    Costa Da Rosa, Bernardo
    Coventry, Conor
    Cullen, Joshua Jon
    Dalipi, Kevin
    Diangana, Grady
    El Mhassani, Anouar
    Fernandes Ribeiro, Edimilson
    Haksabanovic, Sead
    Hamilton, Malyk
    Hannam, Reece Phillip Peter
    Hector-Ingram, Jahmal Justin
    Henry, Korrey
    Holland, Nathan Elliot
    Johnson, Benjamin
    Kemp, Daniel
    Lewis, Alfie
    Longelo Mbule, Emmanuel
    Longelo-Mbule, Rosaire
    Martinez Lopez, Antonio
    Matrevics, Rihards
    Miller, Ethan
    Mingi, Jade Jay
    Neufville, Vashon
    Ngakia, Jeremy
    Oxford, Reece Joel
    Pask, Joshua David
    Pike, Alexander George
    Powell, Joe
    Quina, Domingos
    Rice, Declan
    Samuelsen, Martin
    Scully, Anthony Richard
    Spyridis, Odysseas
    Sylvestre, Noha
    Trott, Nathan Wallace Newman
    Watson, Louie Shaun
    Wells, Ben
  • 22 - 3 = 19 + 1 (Joao Mario) = 20 players....
  • How about....

We’ve been mismanaged from top to bottoms since we left the Boleyn?0
  • edited January 2018
    Next you'll be saying we are being run like a circus.
  • could you see Daniel Levy or the owners of any other prem side engaging with fan like this
    No, which is why I think it is a shame when twonks abuse their approachability, and willingness to engage with fans.
  • And then it would be:

West Ham owners ignore fan protests and drink champagne in the directors box.

They are never going to win with a section of the fan base.
  • I think you'll find it was an hour or so after the game.

On TalkSport this morning dear old Jim White made a big point of the "Shocking" way in which G&S were treated on Saturday, being jostled and intimidated by 50 or so fans. Nick Marsh, whose tweet slizzy highlighted previously, came on the phone and gave his point of view saying he approached / confronted, you choose, DS and had the conversation as per his tweet. The Producer then came on and said he had just been in contact with DS, via his PA, and was told he felt intimidated at which point Jim White reiterated his "Shock".
    DG has subsequently tweeted that 'you could understand DS position' following the incident at West Brom a couple of years back. DS went to his car but DG was happy to remain and discuss/chat/argue the points!
    Danny Murphy fully supported the action of tNick Marsh, providing he wasn't aggressive towards DS & DG, and agreed with his points regarding poor signings and unkept promises etc., which came as a bit of a surprise to dear old Jim.

It made for good listening.
  • could you see Daniel Levy or the owners of any other prem side engaging with fan like this
    No, which is why I think it is a shame when twonks abuse their approachability, and willingness to engage with fans.

Whose abused them Grey? It was a discussion between fans and owners, there was no jostling and sully walked off to his car, left Gold to it.
  • edited January 2018
    Herb, white continually changed the subject when he was given answers to his questions that didn’t fit his agenda. He should’ve stayed on deadline day instead of going to The Sun of Radio

I’d fell asleep on the couch woke up early hours and was listening to it unfold at around 5am
  • edited January 2018
    Slizzy

Whose abused them Grey?
    Not sure anyone did.

Who said anyone did?
  • You said twonks abuse their approachability
  • Yes, I did.

That isn't saying they were abused.

• Herb, white continually changed the subject when he was given answers to his questions that didn’t fit his agenda. He should’ve stayed on deadline day instead of going to The Sun of Radio

I’d fell asleep on the couch woke up early hours and was listening to it unfold at around 5am

He did indeed. He lost on the phone and in the studio. ;ok
  • Ok, we have Diafra Sakho stuff across 2 threads now. I'm going to extract those 2 discussions and merge them into a 'confirmed transfer' thread.

• Okay wasn’t sure where to put it, as it appears to be a club/board issue as opposed to his actual transfer, there again they could be connected
  • And then it would be:

West Ham owners ignore fan protests and drink champagne in the directors box.

They are never going to win with a section of the fan base.

Not quite Grey, Brady likes to take pictures of the Corp hospitality food from time to time, when she’s not talking about Tottenham
  • Yes, I did.

That isn't saying they were abused.

Ah okay sorry misread

#MustTryHarder
  • edited January 2018

Yes Herberz, ;ok

I noticed how Jim White and that Kaveh guy who works for Sky were both sticking up for old Sully the last couple of days, hilarious ;lol both completely shot down. Jim White especially on Talksport earlier, embarrassing stuff.
  • Slizzy

Why do you hold our owners to a higher standard than our supporters?

Angry fans go shouting at them at the end of the game.

Sully engages with them.

Then what he says is used as another stick to beat him with.

Fans can do and say what they like, but the owners have to behave as if they were having tea with the Bishop of London?

He's flat denied the spin that 'we can't sign anyone' had anything to do with money.

As to Shelvey, imo he got that spot on.

If people choose to broadcast private conversations all over soshallow meejah, that's their business.

I hope, in future that Sully simply ignores any fans who try to talk to him.

That will be right, won't it?

I don’t....

He can flatly deny what he likes the proof will be in the pudding, if he doesn’t secure any signings it could be money, it could be that he’s not doing it right or it could be that he’s struggling to get anyone to buy into our project, who knows?

Shelvey....personally I think it’s bang out of order to give an opinion like that about another clubs player, and frankly I don’t understand anyone that would defend it

Private conversation? These fans are frustrated with the club from top to bottom, they don’t turn on their TV sets like we do, they go up and down the country, yes spending their hard earned, yes they have a choice but isn’t it what supporting the club is all about? They get the utmost respect from me in the loyalty they show for most seasons very little in terms of real success.

If Sully shuts up, i reckon most will be pleased, just focus on being as transparent as possible, engage with the fans in the right forums and try and make us better, not telling the world what you think of a player or who you nearly signed or whose idea it was, or that the extra gate revenue won’t change our lives, when you made it a key point to help sell the LS dream

All just my opinion mind.
  • Totally agree with the suggestion to him to be as 'transparent as possible' as this could convince many for whom the benefit of the doubt is running thin. Most of my friends are West Ham fans and some just hate the board and they could do anything and it wouldn't be enough, it's a bit irrational in my view, if we won the league it would be totally down to the players and manager but if we got relegated it would be totally down to the board. There are others that are so pro board that whatever they did it wouldn't be their fault as if they have a veto for any blame for anything and are always defended. There is a large group of us however that actually are neither pro or anti but give the benefit of the doubt when we can, but that transparency is needed now as that benefit is wearing dangerously thin.

I would stop Sully and family speaking publicly,

Employ a football director to represent the club publicly, hopefully achieving much better and more professional PR, advise the board on football matters as I believe Brady is club MD but not so involved with the football side. Sully has tried to fulfil this football role himself I feel but is simply not very good at it.

Publish financial details of our current situation so we can all measure our expectations reasonably.

Explain what they see as a reasonable expectation for the stadium short and longer term, including the bits beyond our influence and control and possible options.

Explain what they want out of West Ham United, what business ambitions do they have for it personally and explain how we will be left stronger and not weakened by these plans.

This kind of transparency will help them I feel, some will never like them regardless but most will respect sincere communication as long as it is transparent and backed up with action. It's not too late, but it's getting there if they don't start learning how to get people on side. Politics is not just something that happens in Westminster it is apart of any big business and high profile concern and they are doing the politics wrong at present through bad PR and allowing perceptions to be shaped due to a lack of transparency and a perception of not following through on claims made.
  • Macca

Where?

In every single aspect of running the club?

• If the owners didn't go to games, we would knock for not caring.

If they went to games and ignored the fans we would knock them for being arrogant.

If they go to games talk with the fans and don't say preciously what we want we knock them for talking rubbish...

Do they have a win in this?

I not their biggest fan but are we maintaining a sense of perspective...
  • Some would say it’s part of owning a club, I’m sorry but they’ve caused nearly all this frustration themselves, their intentions could well honorable but when you’ve told as many half truths as they have to force through the biggest change in the clubs history, well there you go.

If we don’t have the money because of x,w, z then come out and explain it, if you’re not very good at your Dictator of Football role then come out and tell us, if nobody wants to join because they up the price as some kind of compensation for buying into your project then change your ways and make yourself appealing.

What you don’t do is slag off other clubs players, spin the media into thinking you’re the victims in all this, your not.

• edited January 2018

Publish financial details of our current situation so we can all measure our expectations reasonably.

On this point, I don't think that is reasonable to expect. It gives your competitors valuable and advantageous information.

The financial are published every year, so anyone (who can be bothered to inform themselves about the headline figures) can see what is the profit/loss/turnover etc.

• Isn't that a bit of a contradiction? it's saying we shouldn't because it hands our competitors an advantage but at the same time that point is not really applicable because our competitors are able to access it easily anyhow.

I think it's good PR which enables the fans, who I would imagine are by and large not likely to go through companies house a picture of our financial position to manage their own expectations, for example It cuts off accusations of not investing if we are at our limit for FFP, it shows where we spend our Sky Money. There is likely very limited scope for it to be used against us, certainly no more than happens when a club knows you have a bit of money spare because you just sold a player for a decent amount.
  • c&b

I'd say there's a big difference between generally knowing a club's financial situation (readily available, a year in arrears from the published accounts), and being specific about how much the club will make available for transfers.
  • If I was selling to West Ham and I knew that their budget said they have £30m available for transfers, my asking price would be £30m