Board/Fan Relationship

Comments

• I find it strange to be marching or protesting at all. We have been slowly climbing the league since the owners changed managed. We have a very good team on its day. We have one of the better stadiums in Europe, that has its obvious faults, and they are clearly working on trying to fix. I can understand the stadium is still an issue with a lot of people, personally I think it needs 10 years for athletics to lose their grip and to become a true football stadium, it has already started. To march because of lack of investment is strange. I would call it bad Investment in some players. Many clubs would love to be in our position, to me it seems very strange to protest. A lot of what I read is hearsay....Sulllivan only signed him because of this, sold him because of that. I do t see any asset stripping. We have a much better squad than when they took over. I don’t like Sullivan’s media handling, he has improved under Moyes though. I like David Gold a lot and think Brady is an asset to any business.
  • edited February 2018
    This banner leaves me feeling slightly confused....

;hmm

DU5XZ9DX0AEj3gT
  • ibl

Must be stupid but can't see the joke.
  • edited February 2018
    Instead of putting "The dreams you promised were false"

They put "You promised us false dreams"
  • Also, they don't look too shabby for a couple of dead people.
  • What are the protests going to be about? Obviously not the false dreams that were promised, or the dead people left in their wake.
  • Did we sign a zombie in the transfer window, can he play RB?
  • I might protest...... protest about all the cods-wallop spoken by ‘real fans’ in my name.

It proper gets my goat.
  • edited February 2018
    They are children, what the hell do they know of the pain being a West Ham fan.
  • Will genuinely be a laughing stock, if people march against not signing Carvahlo or the other fella.
  • Suzanne, well said ;ok
  • At my age if I'd gone on a protest march every time I was disappointed with transfer windows or performances or relegations, by now I would have walked around the world twice.
  • Will genuinely be a laughing stock, if people march against not signing Carvahlo or the other fella.

Perhaps it's about a lot more than that.
  • Only twice ;lol
  • Chappers

Welcome aboard!
  • I'm a member of the Labour party
    Call that a march??- tssk
  • init

I was at Greenham Common.

Proper protest that was.
  • Good girl ;ok
    In a totally non sexist non discriminatory leftie type way
  • I’ve always been quite common.
  • Will make no difference anyway and as they get older like me they will realise it’s the norm
  • init

I was at Greenham Common.

Proper protest that was.

;hmm
    So was i
  • Oh dear, one day they will wake up and find a cause that is worth getting worked up about, Trumps inauguration comes immediately to mind.
    ;wink
  • edited February 2018

Will genuinely be a laughing stock, if people march against not signing Carvahlo or the other fella.

Yikes.

I might protest...... protest about all the cods-wallop spoken by ‘real fans’ in my name.

It proper gets my goat.

You're more than welcome to protest about
  • You can all take the mick if you want. The fact is many west ham groups are behind the march. The real west ham fans action group is run by experienced supporters, they've followed the club for a long time so its not 'children'.
    13k members on Facebook.
    £14,000 raised for banners etc...

Take them and everyone involved lightly at your peril. ;ok

Continue to mock people if you want, if you makes you feel better about yourself.

You'll soon have a forum where everyone agrees with each other.

Peace out ;ok
  • edited February 2018
    I think this could turn into a fairly large headache for the board because a protest is about having your voice heard and putting pressure upon the power in the situation, and so it's measure of success can be measured initially by getting your message across as you intended it and gaining coverage to assert the pressure.

I think it's this last one that may cause the big headache, for when Newcastle fans protest it is not such a story outside of the football community but this one may be picked up in a broader way as much of the complaint is that they feel the fans were sold a vision of moving which has not been followed through with, which may be picked up and added to the ongoing story in the media of the Olympic stadium deal, meaning it may gain a good deal more exposure than at first imagined.
  • Twist, I would have supported the march and wished you luck, but then I noticed at the bottom of your post you say: "Pearce out".
    I have now withdrawn my support, I like Pearce.
  • edited February 2018
    TwistandShout"

Not mocking anyone. Just simply can’t get my head around what this is all about? I went and read the Kumb forum and it was all hearsay, I gave up reading because I didn’t see one hard fact. One poster said he ‘unsubscribed from the whufc email because we didn’t sign a DM’. He was backed up by others, so I’m not picking at anyone, just reading and gathering info.

Please explain what the march is all about cause I haven’t found the answer yet..