Board/Fan Relationship

Comments

• ;doh why can’t they just shut up.

Ego
    Yes and unfortunately theirs aren't writing cheques!
  • ;doh why can’t they just shut up.

Ego
    Yes and unfortunately theirs aren't writing cheques!
    They might be writing them, but their bodies can't cash 'em.
  • edited January 2018
    10th most expensive team to each in World Football.

Screenshot_20180117-161234
  • Moojor said:

MrsGrey said:

So we’re agreed it’s over 10k

No, we really aren't. ;lol
    Well we should be, because I’ve already proved it, unless of course you’re saying that Facebook can’t count the number of members accepted into a group properly?
    Apart from when I'm looking at it on Facebook right now, it says 9407 members.
    12.8k members now. The club have made contact with the fan group and are having a meeting.
  • edited January 2018
    Twist

That's really not what the data reflects.
    The average yield provides a benchmark for the price of attending football matches. It reflects all types of gate receipts including season tickets, match day tickets, membership fees (where tickets are part of that membership), premium ticketing and hospitality [income].
    For a comparison, only Huddersfield offer cheaper adult STs than us, and that is only because they sold STs prior to confirming their promotion.

stprice

Match Day and ST prices have dropped below/well below the league average over the last 2 years.

matchday

st
  • Huddersfield 2018-19 Adult Season Tickets will cost £249.
  • Herb

Do you suppose, like last season, they will be pressuring fans to renew early, before they know what league they will be in?
  • They go on sale in the next 2 weeks. Whether they will be pressured or not i don't know.
  • I'd be worried if I was a Huddersfield fan

Think they are one of the favourites for the drop especially if they lose to Stoke at the weekend, they will be only be a point above stoke
  • One team always nosedives and think could be them to be honest
  • 1m paying customers who you would have thought deserve to see better players than Arter playing ;lol

We are dining at the same table as some big names courtesy of the uk tax payer, lest it be forgotten..
  • Have we signed After then? ;hmm
  • i’m surprised we had more through the gate than Man City
  • Liverpool have been having the same problem 2,000 seats a match on average where people who have tickets don't turn up and I have seen plenty seats at man city aswell I think it's a growing problem in modern football
  • Sometimes as a ST holder you can’t go to games, this will only increases as kick off times and days change to accommodate TV companies. We can’t always find a mate / relative who wants our tickets and they are not always resold if we put them on ticket exchange.

• A list we are not on... ;poormf

Sunderland are in some serious do do....

DTv9NGwWAAUa7eD
  • At least their debt is going down ... look at Newcastle's year-on-year growth ;nonono
  • That would be compared to 2015? Or does it go back even further?
  • 10th most expensive team to each in World Football.

Screenshot_20180117-161234

Look at al those clubs “challenging” for things

;whistle
  • edited January 2018

Sometimes as a ST holder you can’t go to games, this will only increases as kick off times and days change to accommodate TV companies. We can’t always find a mate / relative who wants our tickets and they are not always resold if we put them on ticket exchange.

Of course you’re right Suze, trouble is we’ve got about 3-8,000 a game not putting their bottom on a seat, plus the ticket exchange is weighed so much in the clubs favour it doesn’t exactly encourage fans to bother putting their tickets on there, the current general climate with plenty of fans is imo

“what let them sell it for £30-£50 again while I’ll get a few quid, all for it not to end up in the transfer kitty, nah you’re alright”
  • the ticket exchange is weighed so much in the clubs favour it doesn’t exactly encourage fans to bother putting their tickets on there, the current general climate with plenty of fans is imo

“what let them sell it for £30-£50 again while I’ll get a few quid, all for it not to end up in the transfer kitty, nah you’re alright”

Seems like a very selfish, 'dog in the manger' attitude to me.
  • It’s how many feel.....sad as it is

Not exactly getting a decent deal out of the ticket trader after spending money upfront, Then you have people who’ve questioned what it can be used for.

Perhaps people have become tired of some of the delays, system issues, half truths etc
  • 8 years ago today they bought us......

They’ve had a right result, if many knew then what they do now, it may not of been so comfortable for them
  • They bought us when we were a shambles and in real danger of financial catastrophe.

Back then, if we'd had a guarantee eight years to the day of being a Premier League side with a few good players and a 60,000 seater stadium and a decent, experienced manager who gets players working hard for their shirt, I'd have bitten their arm and shoulder off as well as their hand.

In fact, not sure what fan wouldn't have taken that offer, considering how things were then.
  • edited January 2018
    Slizzy

We clearly have differing ideas of the meaning of 'comfortable'.

Not sure what 'result' you think they've had.

Pretty sure if they were simply interested in making money, they could have found far more profitable homes for their hard-earned, with far less ag.
  • Good Point Jorderz

To be honest they always imo knew there was a huge chance of getting the stadium back then, they done there research before they bought the club.
    Is was done out of a love for the club I'm sure but to also make money.
  • I think £20m in interest between them, plus the value of their initial investment £50m increasing to what £300-400m value of the club now is not too shabby?

Yes we really do owe them something for the fact they took their hard earned out of 9-10% growth schemes and instead only took 7% back out of the club, truly truly grateful

I’d say they’ve had a result in the fact had the majority of the UP fans known even half of what they do now, back then, the move either wouldn’t of happened at worst or at best they would’ve had way more resistance to it.

I never like Terrence Brown for what he did walking away with more cash than he could carry and if I’m being consistent to myself then I’m treating these two the same. The interest piece has narked me big time from the time it was disclosed and nothing will change my mind on that.

If however they change that in the future in any way possible, they’d then get cut some slack from me, but until then, no not on the financials

;ok
  • edited January 2018
    Macca. I don't think 8 years ago they could have been confident of getting the Olympic Stadium, there were many hurdles to overcome. They had just sold Birmingham FC and the opportunity arose to buy West Ham, which they had wanted for a long time. I think they would have bought it even if it meant staying at the Boleyn.