Board/Fan Relationship

Comments

• half the members are Bots I reckon
  • Really? How’s that then?

Mrs G not sure what view you’re looking at within FB but believe me it’s over 10k members as the number when in the group is the real one I believe.

If I’d only said “around 10k” then it would of saved all this eh? ;wink
  • yeold, I don't think members can be bots because there's a 'bot spot' question you have to answer before you can join. They might not all be real west ham fans though ;wink

Izzy ;ok It's definitely the same group ... maybe the way they appear in the list of groups (that I searched for) has a number that is the official FB count (done automatically) and maybe the number on the image is put there by the group administrator and includes other, non-FB members like through a blog page or twitter followers or something. Or maybe the FB official count is only updated every so often...
  • Adam said:

MrsGrey said:

I'll report back, suz. I'm going undercover ;diop

You’re going to hide in their wardrobe in their bedrooms? Wow, that is creepy.
    Then jump out like this
  • So we’re agreed it’s over 10k

I’m sure that the vast majority if not all are West Ham fans, not sure why they chose “real” would have to read back through the group, I’m guessing it was aimed at the fact they don’t believe all fans that attend the LS are actually west ham fans (??)

They’ve posted a very general initial five point plan and some of those items have already started to be looked at by the club, I don’t think this group is going away anytime soon and we will see activity of some sort. How successful they are in their aims remains to be seen

All just my opinion mind
  • So we’re agreed it’s over 10k

No, we really aren't. ;lol

• Then jump out like this

And they be like image
  • MrsGrey said:

So we’re agreed it’s over 10k

Well we should be, because I’ve already proved it, unless of course you’re saying that Facebook can’t count the number of members accepted into a group properly?
  • Is this like the Princess and the Pea of football supporters.

The prince was looking for a "REAL" West Ham supporter but all he found was somewhere between a possible 9.3k and 10k West Ham supporters, all who thought they were "REAL" West Ham supporters, they had even joined the FB page.

But sadly some were too tall, some were too short, some were to boring, and most of all of them didn't actually represent "REAL" West Ham fans.

So the prince went home all sad and lonely, hoping for the day when just one supporter would turn up at the London Stadium, on a cold and raining evening game and just say "I'M A REAL WEST HAM FAN"

The queen already had a pea hidden in a meat pie because she knew that only a "REAL" West Ham fan would be able to work out that someone had put a vegetable in the meat pie!

Alas, the pie grows cold and the prince more lonely by the day, just waiting for the "REAL" West Ham fan to let themselves be known.

;porkpie
  • MrsGrey said:

Well we should be, because I’ve already proved it, unless of course you’re saying that Facebook can’t count the number of members accepted into a group properly?
    Apart from when I'm looking at it on Facebook right now, it says 9407 members.
  • MrsGrey said:

Then jump out like this

And they be like image
    ;wahoo
  • Are you both members of the group? It could be the privacy settings of some people excludes them from the overall number (just guessing).
  • Moojor said:

MrsGrey said:

Apart from when I'm looking at it on Facebook right now, it says 9407 members.
    Ive provides a screenshot (previous page on this thread) this morning of what I see from within a group. Sorry that’s all I can do. Are you a member? If so then take the same screenshot I did and we can then complain to FB that they can’t count. (Or that their counting system is inconsistent/flawed in some way)

;ok
  • This is what you see when you search the group on FB (as Mrs G had I believe)

42128BBA-AA7D-4E2F-8F01-4F9F041BF5BE

This is what you see from within the group

B162277B-041C-48B7-83C8-854CD3D95C48

And this is a comment a few hours ago from an Admin on the site (who probably take their number from within the group?)

6CF2E2EF-1E63-44E2-91E1-A956EF54E861
  • I'm joining the group but not sure if I'll get past the security at the door...

"Do you care about West Ham" was the question.

I of course put in "no I don't, I'm just trying to join The real west ham fans group for a bit of a laugh because my FB feed isn't full of enough rubbish at the moment."
  • half the members are Bots I reckon

I can assure they're not
  • edited December 2017
    MrsGrey said:

"The manager says he wants Fonte from Southampton and Snodgrass from Hull. My kids begged me not to sign them.”

They'll be delighted about reading that.
  • He just doesn't engage his brain, does he?
  • MrsGrey said:
    And this is partly what the action group would like to stop......they want the PR shambles that we are and the social media to stop from individuals within the club or family.

Why the heck is he mentioning what his kids want him to do?

Both those players are West Ham, we’re paying their wages (one in full the other probably in part), what possible good could come of that comment?

It’s embarassing, but let’s see who defends this kind of behaviour
  • Like West Ham you cant defend the undefendable
  • Fonte in particular. He was in the team when he was fit.

Also, after Moyes said he wants proven PL players, Sullivan seems to be saying something different.

At least once a season he’ll give one of these responsibility-absolving interviews where everything that went wrong was the manager’s and he should’ve done something different. Well, do something different then if you’re so right. He’s a mini-Trump.
  • He just doesn't engage his brain, does he?

Id be surprised if he has one
  • At least once a season he’ll give one of these responsibility-absolving interviews where everything that went wrong was the manager’s and he should’ve done something different.

OCL ;ok I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. We've seen it a couple of times already this season and this is another example of it.
  • Lol he reckons they’ve reduced their involvement in player dealings the last couple of years.

I bet he couldn’t wait to get all this out and throw Slaven under the bus, probably been dying to get this interview out there for weeks

Does he actually think this will help his or the boards current situation and relationship with the fans? Many don’t buy it anymore and I think he’s going to find that out very soon.

• If they felt their manager made such poor choices then why did they keep him on in the summer to allow him to make some more and then drag it out for a third of the season. Doesn’t particularly put them in a great light...
  • Some other quotes that didn’t make the article

2311F80E-50E4-4904-9EC3-1EEA921274C4
    6F6E790C-CD99-49E0-906B-1B8DE85ACF57
    140C99D4-D47A-45F1-9442-80CA0084B20E
    600DA42B-0441-4082-9A8F-1567BAACB7E6
    729653AB-6E10-4E07-98C3-C6934E1189B4
  • The last comment about Boro and Wolves is around the training grounds
  • I hate it whenever Sullivan opens his mouth, like Brady after Slav left he seems to keen to needlessly cast a shadow over another's ability and show himself in the best light. We can all do that however and it could have been pointed out that under his directorship we are by his own words even money to be relegated. Would he sack himself after that performance?