Pre-season training camps and fixtures (West Ham)

Comments

• steve

That's right.

In the case of Hammers fans, that comes under 'allowable pain medication'.
  • so 433 I guess......

You would think with Chic in for Martinez that is our starting 11 against Man Utd.
  • Lanzini?
  • feels like we are about to get humiliated, hopefully its a catalyst for the players to work harder with Man U away coming up than a confidence body blow.
  • I'd be extremely surprised if we got smashed, but tbh even if we do I'd rather it was today than next week
  • I think lanzini has an injury and may not start the season... ;sofa
  • alderz said:

I'd be extremely surprised if we got smashed, but tbh even if we do I'd rather it was today than next week

;kanye

You seen that City line up...
  • yeold/alderz

I never expect to get anything out of a City game, even with our A team playing.

I shall be delighted with a good performance, and even more delighted if we pick up no new injuries,but not joining in any wailing or gnashing of teeth if we are soundly beaten.
  • Manchester City: Ederson, Kompany (c), Stones, Otamendi, Yaya Toure, De Bruyne, Sane, Silva, Danilo, Jesus, Aguero
    Read more at http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/august/04-august/team-news-hart-and-zabaleta-face-manchester-city#h7RH5KVcVCwM3bT2.99
  • As Alan Hansen would say terrible defending ! 1-0 city
  • It's ok remember

Prees on is ONLY about fitness
  • Joe Hart is very loud.
  • City should move the keeper up front he might actually get to do something then! ;lol
  • It's ok remember

Prees on is ONLY about fitness

It is.
  • Joe Hart is very loud.

He's very bossy, but doesn't seem to have a go at people when City get a shot away like a lot of keepers would, so that's good.
  • Have we been told we mustn't go into their half. It's just as well this is only a friendly because we are miles away from them and I feel they could really score at will if they wanted to.
  • Naughty elbow on ayew then they chop down fonte dirty city
  • thorn

I disagree. I think Citeh have been pressing really hard, and we've been very organised and committed.

This is Citeh at their best, and we are making it difficult for them. We are nowhere near good enough to go toe to toe with them.

Felt Hart was mostly to blame for the goal, but since then his organisation of the defence has been absolutely top drawer.
  • Lacking any creativity in the middle and lack of movement up front so we keep passing back and putting ourselves under pressure. need someone to lead the team more.
  • Barney

We're missing Lanzini, Antonio and, for that half, Chicarito - no great surprise that we are short of attacking options.

And we're playing Citeh and they are really, really good.
  • A bit anticlimactic currently. It looks like the boys have been told not to go too hard for fear of further injuries, which whilst understandable given our current situation, is leading to a sub-par performance. All a bit toothless. Plus, as grey says Man City's team is simply of a higher class. Would like to ideally see us go up another gear second half.

On a separate note, although I originally stated my praise for the away shirt and disappointment in the home, whilst the home has significantly grown on me since seeing the lads in it on the pitch the opposite is happening for the away. It's just not a 'West Ham' shirt. Bring back my sky blue/white/navy blue rotation!
  • That City slick passing. Would love to see some of that from WHU .
  • Hernandez will struggle as a lone striker. Holes still in midfield and no creativity with no Lanzini. Not to mention the CB's continue to look ropey.

But it is pre-season and doesn't look like further arrivals will be coming.
  • Arnie injured the WHU curse strikes.
  • If this is the squad for the season it'll be another long season IMO.
  • City bring on 4 kids and the game is even now.