Pre-season training camps and fixtures (West Ham)

Comments

• How about Elvis Costello, he didn't go to Chelsea ;whistle
  • edited July 2017
    cheers alderz - missed that - been a bit selective/blinkered in my monitoring of the transfer gossip and news. just following hammers gossip is a full-time job!

back to the pre-season topic, would it be fair to say Hart conceded two impossible-to-save goals and didn't have much else to do yesterday? Anyone see enough of the game to know if he had any other impact, good communication with defence etc.?
  • Moore_than

It was a bit difficult to tell.

Communication seemed decent, and he was keen to get the game going quickly, if not always accurate with his distribution.. There was nothing that made you feel 'Wow' this is different gravy,' tbh.
  • He seemed no less competent than Adrian or Randolph in picking the ball out of the net even though he may be slightly less experienced.
  • yep, i was referring to league games. but i guess WHU_Champo was talking about the friendly, you're right. I guess a big defeat in that would also be a knock to confidence, but I'm more worried about the league matches after last year, if we have to play them with an inexperienced replacement for Adrian. Hope he stays. Or maybe we could sign Willy Caballero?!

Free
  • There was nothing that made you feel 'Wow' this is different gravy,' tbh.

Cheers, Grey.

I guess Hart and Adrian are in the same (gravy) boat then.

At least sounds are positive that we're doing all we can to keep Adrian. (Apart from the sounds that say we're gonna swap him for Darlow.)

By the way, did you know Darlow's grandfather was an international footballer? His name was Ken Leek. Bet you can't guess which country he played for.

Leek was a striker. Like our little pea. Oh god this could go on and on. What with the gravy. And don't mention the spuds... But I know some people here have got some beef with my puns.
  • The squad for the game today, pretty full, just noble, kouyate seems to be missing. Sakho just started training and AC...

West Ham United: Adrian, Hart, Matrevics, Byram, Zabaleta, Cresswell, Masuaku, Collins, Ogbonna, Fonte, Reid, Burke, Rice, Makasi, Lanzini, Snodgrass, Obiang, Fernandes, Cullen, Holland, Arnautovic, Ayew, Martinez, Chicharito
  • i thought Sakho was 100% fit ;lol
  • He is 100% fit to start training, which he is. Keep up.
  • ... and Antonio, Vorse. In the UK with AC ;ok
  • O yeah our hammer of the year... ;tumbleweed
  • The squad for the game today, pretty full, just noble, kouyate seems to be missing. Sakho just started training and AC...

West Ham United: Adrian, Hart, Matrevics, Byram, Zabaleta, Cresswell, Masuaku, Collins, Ogbonna, Fonte, Reid, Burke, Rice, Makasi, Lanzini, Snodgrass, Obiang, Fernandes, Cullen, Holland, Arnautovic, Ayew, Martinez, Chicharito

Mmmmm - Rice 'n' Pea!!!
  • I hope Adrian gives that wall a rocket! They just separated and let the ball through! ;angry
  • Martinez ;goal Nice finish.
  • Ridiculous positioning from Adrian, after a senseless foul by Obiang.

Looks like we needed Hart after all.

Good finish from Toni - missed the pass through - Snodders was it?!
  • Wow, this Altona side is really good. I haven't heard of them but they must be good to be beating us.

;weep
  • Ridiculous positioning from Adrian, after a senseless foul by Obiang.

Yes, Snodders.

Can't agree on the criticism of Adrian for the 1st, though. The wall didn't do it's job - the ball went right through the middle of them when they split.
  • 5th tier German side putting WHU to shame lol.
  • Ref send Reid off for a 2nd yellow ;doh

That's not very friendly.
  • edited August 2017
    MrsGrey said:

Ridiculous positioning from Adrian, after a senseless foul by Obiang.

Yes, Snodders.

Can't agree on the criticism of Adrian for the 1st, though. The wall didn't do it's job - the ball went right through the middle of them when they split.
    I'm allowing myself to criticise him harshly since as Adrian took his position, I said to myself, he's gonna score in the right-hand side of the goal, there's too much to aim at. So whether or not the wall did all it could, I think Adrian's positioning was too big a risk.
  • Squad depth looks good then 2 weeks before season starts.
  • We are looking awful. Need new CM for a start!
  • Arnie is class, though.
  • Who ran scared in the wall for the first goal? I couldn't see properly?
  • Lukerz said:

Squad depth looks good then 2 weeks before season starts.

Exactly. The scary thing is that this is probably what Bilic considers our best team available.

Cressers vs Masuaku debate aside, and if we assume Hart (like Chicharito) is not "match-fit", it looks like he's put out our first XI from those available. And it sucks.
  • I do think we need a bit of quality in the midfield. Kouyate and Obiang are very good at what they do, but Lanzini aside, we do lack some creativity.

Certainly warming to the idea of Wilshere, TBH
  • I wasn't quite sure where Ayew was playing - I thought at first he was in Lanzini's position in a 4-2-3-1, but then I thought he was on the left of a midfield 3 in a 4-3-3. What do you reckon?

Anyway, maybe Lanzini is fit enough to come on in the second half, but I'd like to see Arnie play in the No. 10 role and move Ayew out to the left or replace him with Holland and put him there.
  • Sounds like snodgrass and Ayew are contributing almost nothing

Snodgrass probably won't expect to be a starter this season but you'd hope Ayew does and after a poor (ish) first season he's not exactly chomping to go and impress even if it only is preseason

I expect a lot more from our former record signing

• Sounds like snodgrass and Ayew are contributing almost nothing

Snodgrass probably won't expect to be a starter this season but you'd hope Ayew does and after a poor (ish) first season he's not exactly chomping to go and impress even if it only is preseason

I expect a lot more from our former record signing

;whistle

;wink
  • Defending is woeful

3-2 down