Will we stay up?

Comments

• https://www.football365.com/news/west-ham-david-moyes-john-nicholson

Yeold I count Bournemouth as the only home win since we beat Man U on 22 Sep 19

19 wins from his last 82 games is relegation material on a large scale his I win games it’s what I do doesn’t wash with me, where in a stickier situation than when sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun :lol:
  • Apparently Kevin Nolan and some over geezer are going to be part of the coaching staff as of tomorrow.
  • I love Nolan
  • The other guy is Paul Nevin, currently a member of the England set up, previously at Brighton, the Premier League, Fulham, Norwich and others
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51399703

:ok:

I like what Moyes says about not rushing into anything to make sure he got the right people.
  • He didn't have to because his first choice was declined :lol:
  • Yeold,

His second declined the offer and what happened to Joe Cole joining us?
  • I didn’t know those things, but tbh I have to say Nolan > Cole in terms of experience and track record
  • Joe Cole has been a youth coach at Chelsea for about a year

Kevin Nolan spent 82 days as player-manager at Leyton Orient and a year, 7 months and 14 as manager at Notts County.

Meh
  • AC coming back to play the 'Big Dunc' role? :whistle:
  • IronHerb said:

AC coming back to play the 'Big Dunc' role? :whistle:

Not enough beds
  • I think we would have stayed up for sure if we had got Ancelotti. Missed out there big time.
  • I think we would have stayed up for sure if we had got Ancelotti. Missed out there big time.

Don't worry Moyes wins...that's what he does.....
  • Currently 2nd bottom :weep:
  • :pray: For a draw in this one
  • steve said:

:pray: For a draw in this one

:phew:
  • I am thinking 39 points might be enough to stay up. That would be 15 more points. Certainly achievable.

It is in our own hands still as the other teams around us also have their share of tough fixtures.
  • edited February 2020
    It might look bleak after the Liverpool and Man C games and I think it will go to the wire, but we have players returning and a favorable run in, so yes, I am still confident we will survive.

COYI
  • edited February 2020
    Big weekend this one, on the assumption that we will lose.

Bournemouth away at Burnley, Brighton at Sheffield Utd & Villa at Southampton.

Results go against us & we could be 4 points from safety.
  • Burnley and Sheff Utd should win but the villa one is a worry.
  • Worse case we could be 6 points off Brighton, 5 off Bournemouth & 4 off Villa.
  • edited February 2020
    Also need Man U to do us a favour.
  • So in other words its...…... :sofa: ...and we are not even playing :weep:
  • Fixtures until the end of March -

NORWICH
    Wolves (A)
    Leicester (H)
    Sheff Utd (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Everton (H)

WATFORD
    Man Utd (A)
    Liverpool (H)
    Palace (A)
    Leicester (H)
    Burnley (A)

WEST HAM
    Liverpool (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Arsenal (A)
    Wolves (H)
    Spurs (A)

VILLA
    Southampton (A)
    Sheff Utd (H)
    Leicester (A)
    Chelsea (H)
    Newcastle (A))

BOURNEMOUTH
    Burnley (A)
    Chelsea (H)
    Liverpool (A)
    Palace (H)
    Wolves (A)

BRIGHTON
    Sheff Utd (A)
    Palace (H)
    Wolves (A)
    Arsenal (H)
    Leicester (A)

You could see all teams getting nothing except where they play each other. IMO that is unlikely.

(Sorry, posted on wrong thread previously)
  • I actually think Palace could be beaten by anyone and go on a poor run.

We need 6 points from those fixtures
  • I actually think Palace could be beaten by anyone and go on a poor run.

We need 6 points from those fixtures

Now you're just getting me excited
  • Geting excited about possibly winning is what I do.
  • Short answer to the discussion subject - no :weep:
  • edited February 2020
    Fantastic set of results for us yesterday, & with Villa not playing next weekend & Bournemouth playing Chelsea, real potential for us to go 16th with a victory next weekend once we get this Liverpool game out the way.

I imagine it will be more damage limitation tomorrow, but I would like to see a couple of attacking options on the pitch.

Saints will be a very tough game next week who are in great form, but they are not in as desperate a need of the points like we are.

Hopefully defeats for Norwich & Watford today to complete the weekend.

I don’t think we have been that far away under Moyes from a decent return.

Literally one or two goals here and there & we’d have an additional 4/5 points (Sheffield Utd, Everton, Brighton). Could easily be looking at a 9 or 10 point return from Moyes’ 7 games so far. We’d be on 28/29 points. All about the fine lines.

Staying up is in our hands with Villa, Watford & Norwich still to play. If we do drop, we can have no excuses & fully deserve it.
  • Me personally think Moyes is past it