January transfer window 2019/20 season

Comments

• McHammer said:

Us and Milan in for Matty Cash of Forrest according to the rumour mill

He sounds expensive
  • According to a yesterday's article in this Turkish newspaper, N'zonzi announced that he reached an agreement with West Ham and will be signing shortly.

http://www.gunes.com/son-dakika/steven-n-zonzi-west-hami-tercih-etti-1056273

It is in Turkish, but can be google-translated.

The article also says that N'zonzi was sidelined at Galatasarai due to discipline problems before he went on loan to Roma. :hmm:
  • edited January 2020
    Seems like a hard choice for him to make, Milan (AC) - 8th in Serie A, or London (WHU) - 17th in EPL and fighting relegation. :hmm:
  • I think he has family in London, which may sway any decision.

In some respects he'd be a good short-term signing; experienced in the PL so wouldn't need much time to acclimatise, and has been playing top-tier football in recent seasons. A better option than a dreadful Sanchez and perma-crock Wilshire, certainly.
  • Hamstew according to Sky its Milan and saints in for Cash.
  • Another loan of an older player who has done nothing of any note for years.
    What on earth is going on ? Do we not have any sort of plan whatsoever to move this club forwards?
    Nzonzi is a just another typical West Ham signing. He will come and take his money play every now and then and add absolutely nothing to a midfield dominated by Noble who is also past it.
  • Ronaldo Vieira also linked. Ex-Leeds, now at Sampdoria. I remember him being pretty decent in the Championship for Leeds, and will obviously be familiar with the English game.

Not someone I'd turn to in our current situation, but not a bad shout for the long-term. But then to echo Hutton's point, I don't think long-term thinking is a strength of our board.
  • Nzonzi has played about 40 games over the last two years , he has scored 1 goal. He has been loaned out by Roma and frozen out of the Galatasaray team because he is a trouble maker whose attitude to playing for them changed when they exited the champions league.
    How on earth is he deemed a good player to come and join a relegation battle?

The board are utterly mad if they sign him and also Roma should be paying us if we take him. For us taking him off their hands. Why would we give them 3.5 mill just to loan a trouble maker?

Our transfer policy is pathetic and it is clear our board have no real plans at all. It is all just flying by the seat of their pants!
  • They have a plan which involves minimum net investment for maximum personal profit
  • So you believe everything you read then? :hmm:
  • Begs the question, why didn't we identify him as a potential target when he was just up the M1.
    Has he really improved so much in 18months going from the Champo to Serie A and doubled his value? :hmm:
  • Even if we manage to get a point tonight (looking unlikely)....we need reinforcements

Even if they might cost a bit more

This team is so slow, we need some athletism.... especially in midfield
  • Sullivan is there tonight. If he can't see that we need at least three players then we may as well all give up.
  • So many issues with this squad it's scary

Too many passengers in this team

While I love Antonio to bits, the fact we seem to be pinning all of our hopes on the fitness of a player who in all honesty, is standard mid tier premier league player is shocking

Need to find a way to shift Wilshere, Yarmolenko and Sanchez asap (although who would take them)

We need reinforcements NOW even if we have to pay more....as the risk we have with being relegated is far greater than paying a little over the top
  • Noble, Snodgrass and Lanzini all getting caught in possession. Ian Bishop never ever got caught - not a drinking chance
  • Just watched it again on MOTD and it looked even worse. For the most part they just jogged between whichever Leicester players had the ball and watched them pass it around. When we had it, which was extremely rare, they just took it off of us.
    We seem to play a different game to most teams.
  • edited January 2020
    Our next 4 look interesting. As we never seem to beat Brighton it looks like at best 1 point from that one with three pastings in the other
  • West Ham United have registered an interest in signing Marseille‘s Dimitri Payet, according to tomorrow’s L’Équipe.
  • The Hammers are showing interest in Udinese's midfielder Fofana, according to Sky Italia.

Source: http://www.insidefutbol.com/2020/01/23/west-ham-united-showing-interest-in-udinese-star/449503/#ixzz6BoAyt7am
  • Wonder if Payet has ever been in a relegation scrap!
  • McHammer said:

West Ham United have registered an interest in signing Marseille‘s Dimitri Payet, according to tomorrow’s L’Équipe.

This is absolutely peak Sullivan.
  • You don’t trust gunes.com?!

McHammer said:

West Ham United have registered an interest in signing Marseille‘s Dimitri Payet, according to tomorrow’s L’Équipe.

This is absolutely peak Sullivan.
    No, it’s peak rumourville.
  • 3 from 6.

Norwich. Bournemouth. Watford. West Ham. Aston Villa. Brighton.
  • Remember when Brady said the big six would be looking over their shoulders at us?

They better have good eyesight.
  • OCS, but she's got a get-out, she never said what division, did she. ;)

• Noble seems to be making a point here.

Moyes said the same thing at the weekend.

Trying to get the message across to Sullivan that we desperately need some players?
  • ExWHUemployee, I’m guessing the Payet rumours are tosh?

ExWHUemployee: I think it’s classic agent work.
  • Even if the Payet rumours are true and he was to be as good as when he was here, I can't see him rolling up his sleeves and being up for the fight.
This discussion has been closed.