The relegation battle - get out of my league!

Comments

• OCS

It's that happy cheery feeling you get before a match, which lasts until about 2 minutes after kick off for the most part...
  • Yes Grey, I get that feeling every time and have done for 68 years. There's no fool like an old .... ;weep
  • Really? A great article? I have te impression of a verbose man in love with his own wordiness and contradicting himself frequently as for example;
    a ground we all hate, and a schism the width of a running track between our supporters
    Read more at http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=4159#jTAMM4FuDoSLZCiy.99
    We all hate it? Thanks for speaking for ALL of us but then there is "a schism the width of a running track" so perhaps not all then eh?
  • Yeah, a great article. ;ok
  • edited April 2018

Really? A great article? I have te impression of a verbose man in love with his own wordiness and contradicting himself frequently as for example;

a ground we all hate, and a schism the width of a running track between our supporters
    Read more at http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=4159#jTAMM4FuDoSLZCiy.99
    We all hate it? Thanks for speaking for ALL of us but then there is "a schism the width of a running track" so perhaps not all then eh?

Clearly there are those who will agree and those who will disagree,
    My challenge (for what its worth) has always been is for those who support the current state of play to have the confidence to write a proper rebuttal of articles like this, or give a critique of the current board's actions, and be prepared to back up their point of view with debate.
    I thought that this article was extremely well written, as are all of his offerings.

;ok
  • We have to be safe before Everton come to town.

We just have to be.
  • edited April 2018
    bbb

My challenge (for what its worth) has always been is for those who support the current state of play to have the confidence to write a proper rebuttal of articles like this, or give a critique of the current board's actions, and be prepared to back up their point of view with debate.
    Sorry, but 'have the confidence' comes across as totally patronising, as does 'proper rebuttal'.

You have views of the current state of affairs that are not shared by others, of which I am one.

It is not incumbent upon me, or anyone, to justify their disagreement with you.

The fact that people choose not to respond how you demand of them in no way invalidates their opinions.
  • Well all I can say is people should practice what they preach.
    There is an almost Pavlovian response from certain people when I criticise the Board, demanding facts and proof and leaping to their defence, despite the evidence in the public domain and the clubs accounts. It generally happens within minutes of my posts, and I often have a quiet chuckle over the identities of the responders, and the inevitability of the response.
    It seems that when I ask for the same level of evidence the other way, I am unreasonable ?? The post I was responding to gave a very superficial Patronising negative reaction to an article I had posted, that I and others agreed with. When I ask for more meat on the bones of their response, I'm some sort of bully ??
    I thought that this was a forum for exchanging views.
    Back up your opinions - thats not too much to ask for is it - or is it ?
  • You seem to be confusing factual claims with opinions.

I have no interest in whether or not you (or anyone) like or dislike the board/manager/colour of the beer trays etc.

If I see a post that appears to make a factual claim, and no source is offered, it seems reasonable to ask for a source.

If I disagree with interpretations of fact, I don't see why i shouldn't say so.

Isn't that exchanging views?

I lack neither the confidence nor the ability to write a critique, or offer rebuttals.

What I do lack is the necessary faff, since I can't see the point of using my time in such a way.

• Separately, we have a policy of not allowing 'chivvying', for want of a better word.

That is to say, people are free to make any points they like.

Others are free to challenge those views.

Should the original poster choose not to engage further, then we don't allow others to continue to prompt them to respond further.

So, users (within site rules) are free to say what they think, but can have no expectation of others that they will respond at all, or in a way that suits.
  • I'm not confusing anything - and That remark is patronising.

I'm not asking anybody to do anything they dont want to do and the original remark wasn't aimed at you personally, so why are you getting vicariously involved ? If nobody responds, then that's my answer isnt it ?
    I'm merely expressing my opinion that this board is a mess, and I want to understand the other point of view because I cant see any other viewpoint. Isnt that what you are supposed to do ? I'm not asking you personally for the answers.
    I can only get that if somebody offers an opinion that they are prepared to back up, rather than snipe and slink away, or merely mark somebody else's work, rather than post something original.
    If nobody wants to debate things with me when I'm in the mood, thats fine, I'm not losing any sleep over it, believe me. I actually dont post that often, only when something catches my attention.
    By the way - you said re "chivvying"
    "Should the original poster choose not to engage further, then we don't allow others to continue to prompt them to respond further." - doesn't make sense.
    How can you know if the other person chooses not to engage further unless you prompt them at least once....

Back to work ;ok
  • edited April 2018
    I wasn't intending to be patronising, so can only apologise.

It's a discussion forum.

You made a comment, I replied.

How can that be 'vicarious'?
    How can you know if the other person chooses not to engage further unless you prompt them at least once....
    Hence 'continue'.

Asking once (politely), in case someone has missed it is fine.
  • I love this site
  • Erm thats not quiet actually accurate, I have fondness for for site
  • this site lacks enough ;llama bring back LGH
  • I am to going Boleyn arms
  • this site lacks enough ;llama bring back LGH

Whatever happened to lgh
  • TODAY IS HUGE. MASSIVE. RELEGATION SQUEEKY BUM TIME.
  • edited April 2018
    If I didn’t have kids, I’d be in front of tv from 12.30 until 7.30, bitting my nails and screaming at the TV.

Come on Liverpool, Everton, Bournemouth, Leicester and Chelsea (Urgh)
  • Cuz1 said:

this site lacks enough ;llama bring back LGH

Whatever happened to lgh
    He's on the B A Social FB page - alive and well ;ok
  • sweepy23 said:

Come on Liverpool, Everton, Bournemouth, Leicester and Chelsea (Urgh)

You know it's been a terrible season when we're forced to hope for a Liverpool win.

• This, sadly, is true although I feel worse when I find myself hoping Chelsea win. ;weep
  • I’m not proud. I’ll support anyone against anyone if it helps us.
  • edited April 2018
    i thought it was about not caring what others did it only matters what we do has that gone out the window now
  • Discussions on today's games and ramifications moved to:

http://www.whu606.com/discussion/10553
  • Just seen Everton have a break for 8 days before playing us on the last day. We have a break of 3 days!
  • edited April 2018
    Moojor said:

35 points will be safe this season:

WBA - Loss/Loss/Win - 28 points - Relegated
    Stoke - Loss/Win/Draw - 33 points -Relegated
    Soton - Win/Loss/Draw/Loss - 34 points - Relegated
    Swansea - Loss/Loss/Draw/Draw - 35 points - Safe

WBA, Stoke and Soton still on for relegation, 35 points is safe this season. Just swap the result for last game for for this game for both WBA and Stoke around.

WBA - Win/Loss/Loss - 28 points - Relegated
    Stoke - Draw/Win/Loss- 33 points -Relegated
    Soton - Win/Loss/Draw/Loss - 34 points - Relegated
    Swansea - Loss/Loss/Draw/Draw - 35 points - Safe
This discussion has been closed.