Saints away

The Michail Antonio Derby

Comments

• The Christian Dailly derby!
  • The Jose Fonte derby
  • The Iain Dowie Derby.

You still doing these alderz? Proper dropped the ball today, didn't you?
  • Today’s performance was as half-baked as an Alderz match thread. Must be on thin ice.
  • No sweat for us after all the new players arrive on Tuesday.
  • The Iain Dowie Derby.

You still doing these alderz? Proper dropped the ball today, didn't you?

I made it clear all week that if we're blaming anyone it's going to be Lukerz and Jorderz for their unreasonable levels of confidence before the game.
  • Yeah you better cryerz
  • Bumping this so others can find
  • In the words of ColchesterHammer……
    We must smash them.
  • This round of fixtures is a shambles. Are some players banned? Our club has at least 6 players returning from long trips, with short recovery times. Managers have to choose between selecting tired players or using newly signed or second string players. Should make things very interesting 🙃
  • So.... Unchanged 11 again then? ;)
  • This round of fixtures is a shambles. Are some players banned? Our club has at least 6 players returning from long trips, with short recovery times. Managers have to choose between selecting tired players or using newly signed or second string players. Should make things very interesting 🙃

Hey, that’s what happens when you have a successful team that’s competing in Europe. It’s a good thing.
  • The last time we lost to Southampton was August 2017, since then we've won six, drawn once, scored 15 goals and kept five clean sheets.

They lost away to Everton on the opening day then drew at home with Man U and drew away at Newcastle. No clean sheets (yet)

Hasenhuttl plays 4-4-2, a completely different back four from last season and Danny Ings has been replaced by Adam Armstrong

Shane Long is unavailable, he was called up for Ireland last week but tested positive for Covid

Win
  • Dunno what’s going to happen in this match,but I’m really looking forward to this w/end ,I know the international break happens for the best of reasons but I really can’t get up for most of England’s games tbh until the tournament itself is with us.
    So roll on the w/e.
  • Rice looked well and truly spent last night
  • Kral, Soucek, Coufal and Yarmolenko all started last night,

On Tuesday Zouma played a full 90 minutes, Vlasic got half an hour and Benrahma 20 minutes

Is it just me or does it feel rather odd to have so many internationals in the squad?
  • Someone tweeted that Yarmolenko came off injured...after a tackle from Kral
  • edited September 2021
    Quote from Hasenhuttl's press conference (from BBC)
    "Everything a good team wants to do, they have"
    Nice to see such respect =)
  • Ham, I agree Rice looked tired in the last 15 minutes, it was a tough game and 95 minutes played. Very little recovery time before the Southampton game. Will Moyes stick with his starting 11 from the opening games or bring in some of the new signings. Probably too early for them as no time to settle in and get to know their team mates. Perhaps Kral as he has played along side Soucek plenty of times.
  • Theo Walcott out with a "small issue", he started the first two matches but was benched against Newcastle and replaced by Mohamed Elyounoussi (scored for Norway on Saturday)

McCarthy
    Livramento / Stephens / Salisu / Walker-Peters
    Elyounoussi / Ward-Prowse / Romeu / Djenepo
    Armstrong / Adams

Eminently beatable =)
  • Theo Walcott out with a "small issue", he started the first two matches but was benched against Newcastle and replaced by Mohamed Elyounoussi (scored for Norway on Saturday)

McCarthy
    Livramento / Stephens / Salisu / Walker-Peters
    Elyounoussi / Ward-Prowse / Romeu / Djenepo
    Armstrong / Adams

Eminently beatable =)

I don't recognise half those names, we must have signed a lot more players in the transfer window than I realised.
  • We were imagining we may struggle with the added pressure of keeping players fresh and fit with Europa games but with a first eleven of mainly internationals now it's made even harder.
  • Rice looks spent every game he plays, and rightly so. He leaves it all on the pitch and comes back fresh every time. No worries there.
  • I see Jamaica drew 1-1 today, I presume Antonio was involved. they languish last in their group of 8. He has flown half way around the world to play two matches in five days I hope he is ok for when we need him at the weekend. This last match was in Costa Rica.
  • Antonio is home. He only played in their first game.
  • He played 70 minutes in the home defeat against Panama last Sunday.
  • Hamstew said:

Rice looked well and truly spent last night

Guess we'll be hearing this after every game this season

Bruno Fernandes, Pedri, Dias, Mount and plenty others played 60/70 games last season between club and international commitments and didn't see them (Pedri asside) being talked about fatigue as much as Rice (and Soucek) do by our fanbase

I'd be more worried if he didn't look tired at the end of a match
  • I see Jamaica drew 1-1 today, I presume Antonio was involved. they languish last in their group of 8. He has flown half way around the world to play two matches in five days I hope he is ok for when we need him at the weekend. This last match was in Costa Rica.

We had this on another thread, Antonio couldn't play in Costa Rica cos its on the UK red list and he would have to quarantine for 14 days