Comments

• edited September 2021
    Lawro has us down as a loss , that makes me optimistic about the game
  • edited September 2021

McCarthy
    Livramento / Stephens / Salisu / Walker-Peters
    Elyounoussi / Ward-Prowse / Romeu / Djenepo
    Armstrong / Adams

I don't recognise half those names, we must have signed a lot more players in the transfer window than I realised.

Maybe ebcause that's Southampton although there have been a lot of changes

Valentino Livramento is an 18yo who joined from Chelsea U23s. Despite the name he was born in Croydon (school can't have been easy)

Jack Stephens and Mohammed Salisu were back ups for Bednarek and Vestergard, they only played a few games last season.

Don't know why Bednarek hasn't been in the starting XI this season but he played for Poland on Wednesday

Moi Elyounoussi joined Saints in 2018 but has spent the last two seasons on loan at Celtic

Adam Armstrong £15m from Blackburn Rovers, replacing Danny Ings
  • It will be interesting to see how Armstrong performs as he was one of the forwards we were strongly linked with over the last two transfer windows .
  • I read that Armstrong is out.
  • There are two Armstrongs, Adam is the striker they bought from Blackburn, Stuart is the Scottish international midfielder, out with a calf injury
  • Seems like all our players returned okay According to Moyes .Lets hope so as he never gives to much away
  • Reckon Zouma will start & the other two on the bench
  • I am really looking forward to seeing the new guys and especially Zouma as of all the signings he could be the one who really improves us. Due to not getting a striker we need Antonio to stay fit, should he do so our four signings really do add depth and hopefully quality to the squad.
  • With all the other signings I’d forgotten about Zouma, who might just be our most important. Funnily enough I used to wonder why Moyes was so keen on that position but after seeing how he’a addressed every other weakness by just making players better, I see why we need him.
  • Not sure he'll start Zouma, he'll have had very little time with the squad and it's such an important position. Vlasic and possibly Kral more likely to play from the bench, imo.

Match day, COYI
  • Excited about all four of the new signings, but I think of those Zouma is the most important, should bring real quality to a key position. I expect the same staring eleven as last time out.
  • Unchanged with all new guys on bench.
  • Pressure on some of that 11 to keep standards high, especially Dawson
  • Shows faith in the team with a reminder to perform from the bench , we have a bench with good options
  • Saints

Perraud LB instead of Walker-Peters
    Nathan Redmond ST instead of Che Adams
  • Looks like the strongest looking bench we've had for yonks
  • edited September 2021
    So many internationals...
  • So much talent so .................Loss =)
  • In two minds, part of me wants Dawson to keep his shirt but the other part says you have just bought Zouma so get him on. I Don't think he played for France so should be fresh. I am happy with everyone else waiting their turn.
  • edited September 2021
    I think the pressure is on Fab, Dawson, Benrahma today to impress & play well.

Bowen to score today.
  • I think Bowen is under more pressure than Benrahma. A good pressure, though. The front four have all been excellent so far.
  • Did Saints or us sign Ronaldo because that seems to be all i`m hearing about
  • Good stat from commentator:

Since Moyes came back we’ve scored 100 Premier League goals. Only the Manchester clubs and Liverpool have also hit 3 digits.
  • Entertaining this far but both teams effectively cancelling each other out, feel we are edging it but not sure where a goal will come from,
  • How did Perraud not get a yellow for that late tackle on Bowen?
  • This has been very uninspiring. From both teams.
  • Another good stat:

Alex McCarthy hasn’t kept a clean sheet in his last 17 league matches. His last PL clean sheet was against West Ham at St Mary’s last season
  • I had to check that I definitely started this match thread and not Jordan
  • Not bad....Both teams lacking the final quality at the moment...COYI...