Same team, we've got no-one else.
  • He's not even gone full Ronseal.

Shambles.
  • alderz said:

Shoddy. What day is it? What time?

www.askjeeves.com
    Retro
  • Live on Ceefax page 303
  • Good to see Rice, Soucek and Coufal getting 90 mins, all 3 needed the minutes

Same XI....as buffy says...because we haven't got anything else...
  • Surely because you don’t change a winning side at this stage if the season. They were rusty but grew into the game. It never felt, to me anyway, that we were out of the game and were the most likely winners.
  • Yeah I wouldn't change the side at all, personally. It would be nice to have some new bodies on the bench if possible, but I wouldn't change the starting XI.

If there was a change to make I think it would be Diop in for Dawson, but I also think that Leicester will try to dominate possession, and Dawson is better suited to that kind of defending.
  • Dawson & Ogbonna v Vardy & Daka, that should be interesting. 😬
  • 5 at the back maybe
  • 5 at the back maybe

It wouldn’t surprise me at all
  • Dawson & Ogbonna v Vardy & Daka, that should be interesting. 😬

Well, they’ll only play one of them.

And it was definitely interesting last season when we beat them in both games, scoring 6 in the process.
  • Benrahma suffers in a back 5, so I’d be concerned about that when he was so dangerous today.
  • As Jorderz mentioned, they normally play one up top. Guess it'll depend how injured Maddison is. Even if they decide on two because of that, Ian Nacho will be in front of Daka (he'll replace Vardy when we're 2-0 up)
  • Bazshuayi said:

As Jorderz mentioned, they normally play one up top. Guess it'll depend how injured Maddison is. Even if they decide on two because of that, Ian Nacho will be in front of Daka (he'll replace Vardy when we're 2-0 up)

Ian Nacho? Is he their new Mexican striker?
  • edited August 2021
    Yes, the English translation of Iheanacho from the Nigerian English dialect ;) (yes, it wasn't an auto correct :) )
  • Hamstew said:

Bazshuayi said:

As Jorderz mentioned, they normally play one up top. Guess it'll depend how injured Maddison is. Even if they decide on two because of that, Ian Nacho will be in front of Daka (he'll replace Vardy when we're 2-0 up)

Ian Nacho? Is he their new Mexican striker?
    Half Yorkshireman, half Mexican
  • I hate monday night football, it offers nothing of substance.....its not been our best of times....
  • Bobby Moore's debut was on a Monday night...
  • Lawro goes 1-1
  • Lawro goes 1-1

Fair prediction IMO ..
    Considering who it’s from.
  • edited August 2021
    I think quite a nice feature on a match thread would be to look at a combined best 11 of both sides (players available for this game, so not including injuries who won’t play), which maybe gives you an accurate idea of the outcome of the match & who is favourite etc. One condition is you have to pick a player, you can’t do an = & pick both.

Schmeichel
    Pereira - Söyüncü - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Rice - Tielemans
    Fornals - Maddison - Barnes
    Antonio

West Ham 5-6 Leicester

Couple of real tough ones in there; Schmeichel v Fabianski is basically level, Tielemans v Soućek is very tight. Benrahma/Bowen v Maddison/Barnes is also very tight.

Leicester slight favourites?
  • And not even a mention of Vardy 😜
  • Nah, I think Antonio & Vardy (both fully fit & on current form) are in different postcodes
  • Maddison went off after an hour with a back injury last weekend, still no word whether its serious or not

He was replaced by new boy Boubakary Soumare but Kelechi Iheanacho is another option
  • Schmeichel
    Pereira - Vestergard - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Rice - Soucek
    Bowen - Benrahma - Barnes
    Antonio
  • Moyes is over 20 minutes late for his presser. Do you think he's been sacked? 😂
  • No its a big signing
  • It's neither.