Leicester (H)

Comments

• Lukerz said:

Nah, I think Antonio & Vardy (both fully fit & on current form) are in different postcodes

I think this is crazy.

IMO;
    Schmeichel; Coufal Soyuncu Ogbonna ; Rice Soucek; Bowen Maddison Barnes; Vardy
  • alderz said:

Lukerz said:

Nah, I think Antonio & Vardy (both fully fit & on current form) are in different postcodes

I think this is crazy.

IMO;
    That confident you're playing with 10 men?
  • alderz said:

Lukerz said:

I think this is crazy.

IMO;
    That confident you're playing with 10 men?

None of the left backs are that good

(I meant to say Cresswell but I did a typo where I didn’t type anything at all)
  • edited August 2021
    Moyes says Masuaku still out but everyone else is available

Rodgers says Ryan Bertrand out after a positive Covid test, Jonny Evans still out with an ankle but Castagne and Maddison both available.

Vestergaard to have a late fitness test before Monday to see if he's ready to start as his late substitute appearance last weekend was his first action since the Euros.
  • alderz said:

Lukerz said:

I think this is crazy.

IMO;
    I put in Antonio because of his all round team play. That wasnt to say that Vardy doesnt help his team, just that hes traditionally a less involved poacher usually on the shoulder of the last defender. The decider for me is that I also think hes declining at a rate that I'd rather have Antonios industry, hold up play and improved scoring.

I just hope his wife doesnt start gossiping about me now ;)
  • edited August 2021
    50% more goals than Antonio whilst in decline. Hmmm. And 4 more assists.
  • Its just my opinion and I'd rather have Antonio. I havent looked but taking a guess Vardy spent a good deal more time on the pitch for his extra 50%?
  • Now you're going to upset his Missus hahaha
  • I've tried to delete her from my social media but she has technical powers I can't begin to understand and is still there
  • Vardy also takes penalties
  • Lukerz said:

Vardy also takes penalties

and scores from them , fixed it for you :pleased:
  • I don't get why taking penalties takes anything away from a striker. I'd love it if Antonio was as reliable from the spot as Vardy!
  • alderz said:

I don't get why taking penalties takes anything away from a striker. I'd love it if Antonio was as reliable from the spot as Vardy!

Or Noble even.
  • Vardy better 475 than Antonio 441 according to Football Manager

https://fmdataba.com/compare/533765-jamie-vardy-533859-michail-antonio/
  • Vardy better 475 than Antonio 441 according to Football Manager

https://fmdataba.com/compare/533765-jamie-vardy-533859-michail-antonio/

Antonio will get a bit of a boost for FM22 I’d have thought
  • edited August 2021
    alderz said:

I don't get why taking penalties takes anything away from a striker. I'd love it if Antonio was as reliable from the spot as Vardy!

I just think it’s a consideration.

Nobles has scored, what, 39 pens? Antonio has 47 goals for us, only 8 in it, but I wouldn’t say Nobes was almost as good a finisher as Antonio currently is.

I just think there is no way West Ham score that goal against Newcastle last week (the 4th), if that’s Vardy up top when the ball is cleared by Souček. I think Antonio does more things that Vardy couldn’t, more than the other way round.
  • Lukerz, Just in the same way Antonio doesn't score the goal Vardy scored v Liverpool in 2016.
  • Think it’s fair to say both Antonio and Vardy on their day are more than a handful..
    I only questioned Luke as he mentioned many on both sides that were a close call to choose but he failed to do the same with Vardy…
    Antonio is a bully, beast but perhaps his finishing sometimes lets him down ( I’m not knocking him, as he’s IMO a great player) , Vardy is more of a poacher but has great finishing skills…
    They are both a credit to the EPL IMO, both done it the hard way and not landed on a plate, they’ve worked very hard to get where they are 🙏👍🏻⚒️
  • edited August 2021
    Vardy is a natural forward and finisher. Antonio is not and has had to work to become one very late in his career. He's awesome at what he does and I love him but would never fancy him in a one on one shootout over vardy. But he has other attributes that makes him better at certain things. For example raw power and unpredictability.
    One other good thing about Antonio is he has excellent knowledge of all positions which I believe has helped him.
  • We have them worried lads - this is from the Foxes talk forum. Bus parkers I reckon!

Posted Tuesday at 11:06
    Anyone would think West Ham are the second coming of 1970 Brazil side, reading this thread.

They did a job on us in the home and away game, sticking in a low block and hitting us on the break. Which we fell for hook line and sinker.

We played a crazy high line in both games.

I expect us to be a little more pragmatic in this one.
  • The battle for 5th place starts here...but will continue until Round 38. It's nice to get respect from a club as good as Leicester, shows we're getting things right =)
  • If we can keep them down to no more than 1 goal I think we will win. A real test for our defence this one.
  • Leaving for the game shortly. 3-1 home win.

COYI
  • Hopefully Antonio will be fired up to go clear of Di Canio.

Bit worried about this game. Could really go either way, and would take a draw.
  • I reckon the sky team will talk a lot about Kane to citeh, then saint Brenda and maybe remember us with 3 minutes to KO
  • I don’t think a draw is the worst result here, would have us on 4 points when from the corresponding 2 games last season we took 3.

But, 2-1 Hammers COYI
  • Two very good attacks v two dodgy defences.

And two exceptional midfield partnerships.

Should be a very good game, and a close one to call. Right now I'm going for 2-2.
  • You'll be amazed to hear that they are talking about Man U and Liverpool at present.
  • Hamstew said:

You'll be amazed to hear that they are talking about Man U and Liverpool at present.

Not tuning in until 7:55. Literally no point. Sky coverage is tiresome.
  • Hamstew said:

You'll be amazed to hear that they are talking about Man U and Liverpool at present.

Not tuning in until 7:55. Literally no point. Sky coverage is tiresome.
    You missed the 2 minute Moyes interview. We're now onto Lukaku.