Leicester (H)

Comments

• What a performance. All awesome.
  • On the way back from the game

Fantastic performance from every single player

Antonio, what a player!! Such a great servant, how some don't think he's a striker is beyond me both his goals were textbook striker goals

Great atmosphere, love the fans being back and love this club

COYI
  • Happy to say that I am a fully paid up member of the Fornals appreciation club, have been sitting on my application for quite a while now but have happily sent it in with my dues.

Kudos to everyone at the club, that was a massive performance all round

COYI
  • edited August 2021
    How far has Fornals come? He really is some player.

That was one of the most complete performances I have seen for some time, against a very good side.
  • & shout out for Bowen, he won’t get any headlines for the first two games (no goals or assists), but he has been excellent. Some player.
  • The age of the squad keeps getting brought up RE. the back 5 and Anotnio but the midfield are all at a great age

Rice 22
    Soucek 26
    Bowen 24
    Benrahma 26
    Fornals 25

Really excited by that midfield, arguably top 5 in the Prem, better than all of Spurs, Arsenal and Leicester
  • Interesting that Benrahma played primarily central against Newcastle with Fornals on the left, but they swapped positions for today's match.
  • I just got vertigo, I looked for Arsenal in the table
  • If Heineken did football matches......
    Great performance, ruthless yet exuding happiness. One of the great nights, hopefully one of many to come.
  • The thing with Fornells is that when he first come we thought we had a luxury player, a show pony but he is a workhorse.
  • edited August 2021
    That was only my second PL game and first on season ticket. We’re right next to the away fans so good fun tonight. A few around me started to get a bit worried when we let one in so very happy that they sorted that out so convincingly.

Good game and brilliant from Antonio. Very solid game, controlled performances.
  • So Antonio's celebration was a nod to Dirty Dancing. Then someone did this:

• There is also an updated version where Antonio is also the girl lol
  • So Antonio's celebration was a nod to Dirty Dancing. Then someone did this:

Nightmarish stuff.
  • No one puts Antonio in the corner.
  • I can't stop watching it 😄
  • ''I had the time of my life, Id never seen Antonio before''
  • adecoker said:

A good result but coming at the expense of Everybody's Second Favourite Team put a bit of a dampener on the evening.

No? Me neither.

They arent MY favourite second team :)
  • Bazshuayi said:

adecoker said:

A good result but coming at the expense of Everybody's Second Favourite Team put a bit of a dampener on the evening.

No? Me neither.

They arent MY favourite second team :)
    That would be West Ham then Baz =)
  • MrsGrey said:

Moyes put on a suit for his interview.

You do that when you're manager of the league leaders.
  • “I’m happy because Antonio is a fantastic guy, a great professional and a very important player. So, congratulations, I am happy for him. I hope he can score even more goals because he is really strong,” Di Canio told Sky Sport Italia.

“He has extraordinary physical skills, atypical I would say. There isn’t another centre forwards like him in the world. Which doesn’t mean he is the best one. He is not just a classic, static centre forward who waits to get the ball.

“He sacrifices himself for the team and helps his teammates, running behind his opponents. He is like a truck, so difficult to move.

“I wanted to sign him in 2011 when I was coaching Swindon Town and he was at Colchester United. At that moment of his career, he was playing as a winger and during the years, he has become e pure striker. Really well done,” the former Lazio forward concluded.
  • Just a side note. Antonio got my son into West Ham (I didn't push any team into him). His goals and celebrations got his attention a while back. I held him dearly before that, but now he walks on water in our home!
  • What a legend, honestly. Watching those goals back you can see how much he’s worked on his finishing and particularly his movement as a striker. And how much hencher he is now than when he started
  • Watching all 49 in one go, two things stood out
    1. How often he scored starting with his back to the goal
    2. If some of the goalies watched that compendium of goals, they would be embarrassed. Hey, he is still a beast and a legend
  • One thing I noticed was how little the team often seemed to care. Payet sets up a goal and just turns as if Antonio had turned his brilliant pass into something filthy.

And his second yesterday was pure luck.
  • edited August 2021
    Pure luck? Really?
  • edited August 2021

Watching all 49 in one go, two things stood out
    1. How often he scored starting with his back to the goal
    2. If some of the goalies watched that compendium of goals, they would be embarrassed. Hey, he is still a beast and a legend

I noticed the first thing as well. He swivels and shoots early so effectively without needing much time for backlift
  • IronHerb said:

Pure luck? Really?

Yes. He brilliantly lifts it over the defenders but then it gets away from him. He barely manages to get the slightest touch to poke it past Schmeichel.
  • But he athletically got the slightest touch to score the goal. Luck, to me, is if something outside his control played a part. Like he made a poor contact but it deflected, or ricocheted back to him to have another go.

It's not luck to take those touches and score.
    Had he been less athletic, he might not have scored... And that wouldn't have been bad luck. Just bad control.