Saints match

The Wayne Bridge Derby

Comments

• Minimalist thread title
  • MrsGrey said:

Minimalist thread title

• Laziest thread title ever. I'm not angry - just disappointed.
  • One point needed for 6th. One point needed to finish above Spurs. Get it done boys.

Oh, and The Iain Dowie Derby.
  • The European tour derby
  • The José Fonte Derby
  • The José Fonte Derby

Winner winner chicken dinner

Serious Jorderz and alderz vibe
  • Richard Hall Derby.
  • The Neil ruddock derby

You’d think you’d be grateful after I’ve saved your bacon this season, but whatever.
  • Sunday 23rd of May: 16:00 Kick off

Arsenal v Brighton
    Aston Villa v Chelsea
    Fulham v Newcastle
    Leeds v West Brom
    Leicester v Spurs
    Liverpool v Crystal Palace
    Man City v Everton
    Sheffield Utd v Burnley
    West Ham v Southampton
    Wolves v Man Utd
  • Sky not advertising our game, is it on BT?
  • If West Ham Win - 3 points - guarantees Europa League and 6th spot.
    If West Ham Draw - 1 point - guarantees Europa League and 6th spot.
    If West Ham Lose - 0 points - If Tottenham and Everton Fail to win West Ham remain 6th and grab a Europa League spot.
    If West Ham Lose - 0 points - If Tottenham win and Everton fail to win - West Ham will finish 7th and grab a Europa Conference spot.
    If West Ham Lose - 0 points - If Everton win and overtturn an 8 goal deficit a 4-0 win against Man City and 5-0 loss for West Ham vs Southampton and Tottenham fail to win - West Ham will finish 7th and grab a Europa Conference spot.
    If West Ham Lose - 0 points - If Everton win and overtturn an 8 goal deficit a 4-0 win against Man City and 5-0 loss for West Ham vs Southampton and Tottenham win - West Ham will finish 8th.

There is all your permutations. ! (apart from the one where Everton win 4-0 and we lose 4-0 and our head to head records go on the line)
  • If West Ham Win - 3 points - guarantees Europa League and 6th spot.
    If West Ham Draw - 1 point - guarantees Europa League and 6th spot.
    If West Ham Lose - 0 points - If Tottenham and Everton Fail to win West Ham remain 6th and grab a Europa League spot.
    If West Ham Lose - 0 points - If Tottenham win and Everton fail to win - West Ham will finish 7th and grab a Europa Conference spot.
    If West Ham Lose - 0 points - If Everton win and overtturn an 8 goal deficit a 4-0 win against Man City and 5-0 loss for West Ham vs Southampton and Tottenham fail to win - West Ham will finish 7th and grab a Europa Conference spot.
    If West Ham Lose - 0 points - If Everton win and overtturn an 8 goal deficit a 4-0 win against Man City and 5-0 loss for West Ham vs Southampton and Tottenham win - West Ham will finish 8th.

There is all your permutations. ! (apart from the one where Everton win 4-0 and we lose 4-0 and our head to head records go on the line)

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57162779

The fifth-placed Premier League team will qualify for the Europa League group stage - as will the sixth-placed team as FA Cup winners Leicester can finish no lower than fifth

So no qualifying rounds for finishing 6th we would go automatically into the group stage.
  • Yeah, I hasn’t realised that about 6th and going straight into Europa group stage.

Not having to go through qualifying definitely adds to the appeal of being in it.

Plus, with 32 teams instead of 48, our run to the final will involve fewer games.
  • Ok so if Chelsea win the Champions league but finish fifth in the league, does that mean sixth and seventh are in the Europa league?
  • Only 6th, 7th is just for the Conference
  • Don't worry. Chelsea will come third and lose the CL final to City.
  • Give it a few years and there’ll be a European tournament for relegated teams.
  • I don't think there are many more teams in Europe next season. We have a had three going in for quite a while now. This time it's two in the Europa League and one in the Conference.
  • Give it a few years and there’ll be a European tournament for relegated teams.

I think that this tournament is specifically designed to a) give more opportunity to smaller nations and b) lighten the match load on teams in Europa.

That said, the cynic in me thinks that eventually all the top 5 league teams will be playing in a European pyramid, and getting relegated from the bottom would put them back into regionally divisions like below the conference.
  • IronHerb said:

I don't think there are many more teams in Europe next season. We have a had three going in for quite a while now. This time it's two in the Europa League and one in the Conference.

Yes think it’s more about making the Europa a better competition while still letting teams in countries with small leagues play in Europe. (And probably there’s some financial benefit)
  • The Europa conference league doesn't help weak leagues because the reward money will be less than they got for the Europa....but it will improve the quality of the Europa and while it'll yield less money, it gives the clubs from weaker leagues a better chance to win an European competition

From a Prem teams perspective, the Conference league seems a complete waste of time and games you don't really need
  • All the more reason to get the point we need and consign Spurs to that competition.
  • Or Arsenal
  • For me Spurs in the conference Europe thingy would make my season after the super 6 fiasco I’d settle for 8th if we could guarantee them 7th 😂😂😂
  • Ideally I want us finish 6th and Everton 7th, so both Arsenal and Spurs, the European Super League whipping boys, to have no European football next season at all.

What a wonderful Sunday that would be.
  • I think I’d rather one of them was in the Europa Conference league, as I think they’d find it very humiliating.