Saints match

Comments

• I'm not sure any of them will want it. Wouldn't be surprised if Spurs do everything in there power to lose their game.
  • I don’t think that will take much on current form tbh
  • I worry that Spurs would end up winning the conference league and then all the memes would have to change
  • alderz said:

I worry that Spurs would end up winning the conference league and then all the memes would have to change

Sorry but if Spurs win a title with "conference" in it the Memes will only get worse
  • That is a good point. Ok, as you were.
  • I think I’d rather one of them was in the Europa Conference league, as I think they’d find it very humiliating.

It’s irrelevant whether they are in the conference league - being a Spurs supporter is humiliating period.
  • I would so love to see Spurs in this conference league. It's so lacking credibility as a competition and yet you still have to play the matches and harm your league campaign.

At least the Europa league is credible.

We have home advantage, fans for the first time and only need a point against a very mediocre side...... what could possibly go wrong?
  • what could possibly go wrong?

E V E R Y T H I N G
  • I’d quite like Leicester to come out the blocks quickly and score a couple of early goals regardless of what is happening at the London stadium
  • As long as Lawro doesn't predict we'll win.................
  • He did against West Brom....
  • It's only just sinking in for me now that we could be playing Europa League group stage football next season.

I will genuinely find that so exciting, because we've never done that in my lifetime.
  • It’s so tantalisingly within reach we date not hope...
  • I think there's every chance we'll fluff if against Southampton, but I just can't see Spurs beating Leicester.
  • I've renewed my passport today. 😂
  • It’s certainly nice to be in a position where there is a back up plan should things not quite go to plan in our own game
  • I’d quite like Leicester to come out the blocks quickly and score a couple of early goals regardless of what is happening at the London stadium

They will certainly be up for it as need three points to stand a chance of top four, unlike us who flirted with the top four briefly they have been there most of the season so will feel mightily aggrieved if they drop out now. Whilst I can't see Liverpool losing at home to palace I could see Chelsea being held to a draw at Villa, which if Leicester beat Spurs would be enough for them. The Champions League final has got to be in the back of some players minds regard injury. Those players who need earn their final place will be giving all, but those who know their place is safe may be thinking hard about a crunching tackle.
  • edited May 2021
    The cynic in me would suggest the Europa Conference is a way to guarantee the “big” clubs will almost always make it into Europe, even if they have a bad season. If UEFA are really thinking of smaller nations, why even have the bigger countries involved? The smaller countries will just become whipping boys for someone they’ve never heard of, rather than dreaming of a game against a “big” club. While it would guarantee a European spot for the winner the following year.

Sorry, but the “twelve” have made me think this way - another thing to blame on Spurs!
  • He's gone Ronseal again, like it.
  • Any changes for the match on Sunday ? I doubt it, and though I was not enthusing about Fornals before last match this time we really need him. A bit of of a cliche but going out to get a draw may not be the best tactic. We showed against West Brom we can go on the front foot, and not just counter-attack, and I hope we do the same. Will take a squeaky-bum 1-0 to the mighty Hammers.
  • Drop some of our attacking players ,Bring in Diop Balbuena ,Noble Even play both Fab and Randolh in goal and Park the bus for the point we need =)
  • I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us start with a back 3/5 to give a bit extra solidity. It doesn't really take away too much of our attacking impetus either, as we've seen through the season.

Maybe something like:

Randolph; Dawson Ogbonna Cresswell; Coufal Rice Soucek Fredericks; Lingard Fornals; Antonio
  • Same as Southampton for me. Just start quick and on the front foot and it will be pretty straightforward. 3-1 Hammers.

COYI
  • Solid team Alderz. However I still believe Balbuena is a better option in a back three than Dawson. He worked well with the others in a back three earlier in the season before injury. Maybe I’m just not convinced by Dawson!
  • Solid team Alderz. However I still believe Balbuena is a better option in a back three than Dawson. He worked well with the others in a back three earlier in the season before injury. Maybe I’m just not convinced by Dawson!

It's not my favourite team we could put out, but I just have a feeling it's what Moyes will do. I also don't really see the point in Balbuena featuring as he's out of contract next month and it seems unlikely that he'll be here next season, so why use him?

I'd like Benrahma to play, but I think he might be sacrificed for a defender
  • I agree we can’t keep everyone, Balbuena just isn’t the centre half I’d let go first, but Moyes knows what he needs.

Agree Benrahma should start, as he is showing good form. But Lingard, although not showing his best form, seems to be untouchable at the moment.

Whoever plays we should be OK. 3-1 COYI
  • As long as Lawro doesn't predict we'll win.................

IronHerb said:

He did against West Brom....

He also went for 1-1 against Brighton, but then a broken clock is right twice a day.

Randolph
    Coufal, Dawson, Ogbonna, Cresswell
    Fredericks, Soucek, Rice, Fornals
    Lingard or Benrahma
    Antonio

Might be a clever planning/negotiating move to drop Lingard but risk of him not wanting to make move permanent?
  • Just seen that this game is going to be shown live on Sky One.

I shall be walking (part of) the Pembrokeshire Coast next week so will be relying on the Sky Go app and decent broadband.
  • Lawro says 2-0.
  • Noble off the bench for a pen then subbed straight off again. Special plays for the special guy. Needs to keep up his record of scoring every season since the dinosaurs.