West Ham v Leicester 2.05pm Sunday 11th April (On SKY)

1789101113»

Comments

• I thought that was a very big call from Brendan & fair play for him making it, as it could possibly cost them the top four.
  • I think Benrhama has had a good first season, whenever he is on he causes problems, he isn't scoring but he is contributing to overall threat of the team. Goals will come like buses for him soon I feel sure.
  • I can’t wait for the new match thread. I’m gonna write “The Paul Kitson Derby” so nobody else can have it
  • Ndidi was very lucky to stay on. He was on a yellow & it is as a blatant cynical foul to stop the counter. Would have probably been a more comfortable end had he got a second yellow.
  • edited April 2021
    Thoughts on Noble the last two games from those that think he’s past it? I’m curious if I’m biased but I think he’s been superb.
  • He’s been brilliant
  • Covering for Rice he couldn’t win, so I think Noble needs a lot of credit.
  • As well as we played yesterday we only had four shots in the entire game. All four were on target and of course three went in. We need to improve on this.
  • If Diop had stayed onside it would have been 4-0, and they could have conceded 3 goals. Much more exciting- this 3-2 stuff is so dull =)
  • Would be interested to see a study done, like 10 or more of us take our blood pressure 10 minutes before the game, then take it after the game, would be interesting to see the difference!
    9 goals scored in last 3 games, just the 7 against us , never one for the faint hearted ⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • MrsGrey said:

Mooj,

MrsGrey said:

Mooj, long time no see.

Been lurking more than posting. Life has generally meant I don't get time to sit down and watch a game at the moment, it's amazing how much time you don't have even when you can't go anywhere!
  • Thoughts on Noble the last two games from those that think he’s past it? I’m curious if I’m biased but I think he’s been superb.

Agree think he's been great

Definitely better deeper

Always found that when he was paired alongside Rice/Soucek he is played the furthest forward where his lack of pace is exposed as their is more room

But he's still got a lot to offer us

Two games in since he replied Rice and we've won both, very impressive given many thought our season is going to fall apart without Deccers

Let's hope his arm/shoulder is ok though
  • edited April 2021
    Key to Noble is having Fornals doing his running next to him.

A lot of the times Noble has played Fornals has been on the left wing.
  • Not sure what happens if Noble is out of the Newcastle game. Presumably Fornals plays that role and Benrahma plays a bit further forward?

Although Moyes seemed to bring him on there yesterday, I'm not convinced that Johnson is a CM starter, and he's obviously got reservations about Conor Coventry.

Maybe Lingard drops into CM and Benrahma starts up front with Bowen?
  • I think we’d see:

Coufal - Souček - Fornals - Masuaku
    Benrahma
    Bowen - Lingard

Which makes us far more attacking, but we have no real other options.
  • Moyes was not too happy with three substitutes. But why put Johnson in midfield? He has hardly ever played in that position and was just a bystander. He could have tried Coventry. At least, he knows the midfield game.
  • To be fair it was odd, but I can see Johnson being a bit like Maitland-Niles. He reminds me of him in how he plays. Starts off as a utility wing-back, ends up CM.
  • I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but having Josh Cullen as an available option would have been very useful
  • I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but having Josh Cullen as an available option would have been very useful

I don't think it's even with hindsight. A lot of us were concerned that when he left we'd be left with few options at CM. I guess without injuries he wouldn't have much of a kick this season, but yeah, we could really do with him now.
  • Lukerz said:

To be fair it was odd, but I can see Johnson being a bit like Maitland-Niles. He reminds me of him in how he plays. Starts off as a utility wing-back, ends up CM.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Johnson. If Fredericks goes in the summer, he'll be 2nd choice RB and, presumably, 3rd choice LB. I think we'll sign a CM in the summer so I don't see him getting a game there.

So it looks like it could be another season on the bench, which isn't great for his development, but unless we add to the squad significantly, and because he's versatile, we can't really afford to let him go out on loan.
  • Johnson came on to give Arthur cover imo.
  • edited April 2021
    Lukerz said:

To be fair it was odd, but I can see Johnson being a bit like Maitland-Niles. He reminds me of him in how he plays. Starts off as a utility wing-back, ends up CM.

I think AMN had always wanted to be a CM but was used as a wing-back/right back to fill the space, so that might be the difference. I can see what you mean though. I think he needs to get more comfortable outside of his zone though. He sometimes looks a bit nervous when he's not playing a full-back position.
  • Lukerz said:

Ndidi was very lucky to stay on. He was on a yellow & it is as a blatant cynical foul to stop the counter. Would have probably been a more comfortable end had he got a second yellow.

Agreed. If that had been Mike Dean......oh.

• Moyes said Noble hurt his elbow so hopefully it won't keep him out.
  • edited April 2021
    Who'd have thought a month ago that we'd be sweating on Noble being fit? Great performances by him of late and has looked like his old self
  • One thing that hasn’t massively been mentioned this season; it’s our 125th anniversary. What a year to make the Champions League.
  • Would be interested to see a study done, like 10 or more of us take our blood pressure 10 minutes before the game, then take it after the game, would be interesting to see the difference!
    9 goals scored in last 3 games, just the 7 against us , never one for the faint hearted ⚒️⚒️⚒️

Think I'm gonna save this week's pills for Saturday
  • Cresswell was a big miss watching the game back. Before he went off, he was giving Masuaku loads of verbal instruction & support & the two of them linked as a pair in attack & defence. Once Diop went over to LCB, there was no connection between the two positions.