West Ham v Leicester 2.05pm Sunday 11th April (On SKY)

Comments

• Benrahma slightly at fault for losing it so easily when we were on the bream

(now the game's over) this seems fishy to me
  • MIAHammer said:

My heart can't take another game like this.

Until next week *buckle up*
  • MIAHammer said:

My heart can't take another game like this.

Didn't we all say this after the Arsenal game and looked what happened next and we have done the same today. As someone said earlier why don't we use a bit of counter attack as a good form of defense. We won but the health insurance premiums are going up by the week!
    Spare a thought for us in the USA. We don't have universal healthcare. I think being a West Ham supporter is considered a pre-existing condition =)
  • Is there any other team who can’t see out a 3-0 lead.

Yes the spuds
  • Just been in a massive queue at the range. Did I miss anything?
  • 7 points from Arsenal, Wolves and Leicester - would maybe have expected 2/3 at start of season.
  • I thought it was odd that Balbuena came on for Cresswell, I expected to see Johnson - maybe Moyes sees Johnson as a midfielder, I must admit I don’t though.
  • Dodger58 said:

I thought it was odd that Balbuena came on for Cresswell, I expected to see Johnson - maybe Moyes sees Johnson as a midfielder, I must admit I don’t though.

Cresswell was playing as CB though wasn't he? Guess Moyes wanted to keep the shape. Or maybe didn't trust Johnson in defence?
  • Johnson has athleticism that we lack in the squad

Hes a pretty well rounded player, but his energy and pace is probably why Moyes wanted him in the middle over Coventry

That and our left was beginning to get overwhelmed so Johnso helped cover there knowing how to play LWB
  • Man City haven't won it yet. Mathematically we can still catch them!
  • edited April 2021
    Yikes.

Let's get this right, beating a team with such an impressive away record without two key players is huge. Bowen stepped up today, and I thought Noble did well considering who he was up against.

To be honest, the last three games have weirdly felt like losses, almost. Lucky wins, if you like. Holding on desperately at the end isn't a good look and it deflects from how good our first half performances have been.

But that's the first of the cup finals won. 7 more to go. Although Nolan and Pearce might need to register as players given how our squad is falling apart.
  • 2021 in the league

W10
    D2
    L3

And this is supposed to be West Ham, the team that comes down with the Christmas decorations...
  • Cuz1 said:

Is there any other team who can’t see out a 3-0 lead.

Yes the spuds
    True story

• Did anybody note how many cards Mike Dean handed out? He looked trigger happy again today.
  • 3-3, confirmed on BBC
  • edited April 2021
    Dodger58 said:

3-3, confirmed on BBC

Mike Dean didn't do much wrong, some might say a 2nd yellow should have been issued, but possibly the saying not every foul is a card, regardless of Dean's decent performance.....
    We won, they do like to make our hearts beat that much faster for the last 20 minutes, but hey, I'll die happy I guess......
    COYI.....
  • Did I miss the equaliser? 😭
  • I felt Dean started poorly. The Souček & Cresswell yellows were not necessary.
  • OCS, Delighted with the win but they had several key players missing including three who appear to have broken covid restrictions! When the results are reviewed at the end of the season it will show we won which is all that matters.
  • Lukerz said:

I felt Dean started poorly. The Souček & Cresswell yellows were not necessary.

Would have been no different if it was Moss, Mason, Tierney etc etc...
    No complaints for me re Mike Dean ( Of course !!! )....
  • OCS, Delighted with the win but they had several key players missing including three who appear to have broken covid restrictions! When the results are reviewed at the end of the season it will show we won which is all that matters.

And we had Rice, Antonio and Ogbonna missing.
  • Happy happy joy joy
  • This made me chuckle

• edited April 2021
    Hope he replies "Yes, learn how to pass to a West Ham player"
  • I think we get bored at 3-0 up and decide to let the other team into it to make a game of it
  • For the sake of my nerves, can we have Jorderz back on match threads for a while...
  • I am absolutely delighted with the result. But why oh why do we make a 3-0 lead so uncomfortable. I do blame Masuaku and Benhrama for being sloppy for their goals, but the main reason for not controlling games like thus is a lack of squad depth.
    As we have said so many times, we are short of 3 or 4 players who could replace injuries, or come on and change a game, or as we have needed recently nullify the opposition.
    The Board absolutely must allow Moyes some proper funds for next season wherever we finish.
  • We are improving though. We gave Arsenal 60 mins to come back from 3 down, Wolves 50 mins and now Leicester 40 mins.
    Next week it's Newcastles turn to play the Come Back from 3 Down - If You Can.

I'm buzzing at the moment.

COYI
  • Makes it easier if you just say it was a game of 2 halves.
    We won the first 2-0, they won the second 2-1.
    Result 3-2 to us, what's the problem? =)
  • MrsGrey said:

For the sake of my nerves, can we have Jorderz back on match threads for a while...

Let IH start the thread, close it at half time, and let Jorderz open a new one for the second half

Win-win